Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet help with looping please

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

r311Home userMember since 2006
hi guys, i'm new to this program, and i know loops cant be saved, but my question is,

say i have a song playing at the 3 minute mark, and when it hits the 3:30 mark, i want it to automatically stick in a loop that i made while cueing, while the last song was broadcasting.... can that be done? or is it, when i hit the 3:30 mark i have to just guess and hope i hit a decent loop?

ok, let me try saying another way maybe...

say deck 1, i create a loop at 1 minute, and at 2 minutes i'll mix over to deck 2. so while deck 1 is playing, i'm setting my beginning loop in deck 2, but can i set an end loop in deck 2 then also, so after i blend over, when it hits it that end loop in deck 2, it sticks there? or do i just have to mix from deck 1 into deck 2, then just guess a random loop somewhere at the end of deck 2?

sorry, hope you guys understand, it's not easy for me to phrase this correctly, but i'm sure most of you guys get what i mean... i searched all over, read the manual, nothing really mentions this. i realize loops cant be saved, but i'm not really asking to save them, all i want is for it to stick there, predetermined when i fixed it at that moment. thanks guys for any help :)

Posté Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 7:27 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
looping is very flexible so I believe if I read your note correctly yes you can do what you want. if you're asking how, it's too long an answer for me right now, sorry..lol. You can also save loops into the sample engine. If you set your loop, let it play prior to getting into live mixing and press record in the sample engine, presto you have a loop sample. Then you can play your loop whenever you want regardless of your place in a live mix.

Posté Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 5:12 am
I think he is asking if you can set the time of the loop and when the song gets to the point then it will go into "loop" mode and that marker, if that is what you are asking then no, you have to wait til you get to the time an enter the loop your self. Now what you can do is set your points and press the "hot cue" button and the loop and the same time, this will put you at thepoint and in the loop at the same time, works well if you have a controller. This is the way I do it. If you need to see this let me know and I will creat a small video for you on my blog.

Posté Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 5:03 am
r311Home userMember since 2006
yeah, i'm asking what djchicago said pretty much. well, i've been using the program a little more, and it doesnt seem i'll miss that anyway, the program seems to know loops pretty well, compared to other programs i've used. thanks for the help guys.

Posté Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 12:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)