Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet skin higher resolution than screen

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Although VDJ does allow you to load up a skin that is for a resolution that's higher than your current screen settings, if you close VDJ and try to go back in, it will not startup correctly and will give you an error saying "Warning! The skin you are trying to use has a higher resolution than your screen" You can click the OK box, but VDJ still doesn't come up, and just sits in the taskbar.

The only workaround I have found is to go into 'regedit' and change the skin key to a value matching a skin that is of a low enough resoution to fit on your screen. Alternatively, you can just clear that registry value and next time you start VDJ, you will be given the default skin.

I just wanted to post that workaround because the only solutions I have seen are to raise the resolution of your screen. In my case, the screen is already running at max resolution, so that doesn't help me.
One might ask "why would you want to use a skin with a resolution higher than your monitor can handle?" The reason is because I am using my desktop computer (1280x1024) to customize a skin for use on my widescreen (1440x900) laptop. I am guessing I will not be the only person to do something like this.

Posté Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 3:13 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also deleting that 'Higher Resolution' skin from C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\Skins will produce the same experience without having to make a Registry Change.

Posté Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 3:43 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)