Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet BPM missing after transfering xml files

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I got a new laptop, loaded my music in the same drive name and same folder names. I transfered the xml files from laptop 1 to laptop 2 the bpm's do not show up. Then i copied the entire virtual DJ folder ( c:\program files\ virtualDJ from 1 computer to the other. still No bpm. what am i doing wrong.
I really don't have enough time to let it rescan 300+ gig of music + the fixed BPM's the I had . ( they were a ton the vdj had a hard time getting the bpm strange beats ya know)

I thought all of the bpm data was stored in the vdj folder.
I did a search and it all points to copy the xml vdj database short cuts and mp3txt. so after i tried to copy the files i figured i would just copy the entire folder no luck.

Thanks in advance

Posté Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 5:16 am
forgot to also ask doesVDJ modify the actual mp3 files when doing a bpm scan? reason I ask is i keep my MP3 files on a server then transfer them to my laptops. the new laptop, i took the mp3 files off my server ( same names and folder namming) not from my laptop that i am going to retire.

Thanks

Posté Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 5:20 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
did u move all 3 database files and have you pressed recurse on your folders?

Posté Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 10:34 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ records the file size of the mp3 as part of it's information about the file.
File size consists of the audio data and any meta-data (ID3 tags). So, scenario time....
You have 100 files on laptop
Same 100 files on server
Laptop files are scanned and analyzed as is... VDJ records info and bpm, etc.
On server you decide you are going to update all the meta-data (ID3 tags) about the files
So you update all the data and then say hey let me update all the files on the laptop???
Great Idea, Up-to-date and All !!
Bad Idea, because file size has changed, new files are different than the ones VDJ scanned and therefore all corresponding data - bpms, etc are now gone - kind of.
It's not that it's missing, it's that the filesizes are different and therefore what VDJ knows is data about a different file.

Test my theory, copy a few files from the laptop 1 and replace them on laptop 2. Does the BPM data come back?

Posté Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 1:02 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)