Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet m audio torq conectiv with vdj? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Can you use the m-audio conectiv as a sound card for timecoded cds/vinyl with Virtual DJ?

This seems like a pretty good deal considering the m-audio torq package is only a little more than a U46DJ. It would be possible to have both Softwares.

Is there any disadvantages to the m-audio conectiv to the U46DJ? Anyone here use Torq and can compare to VDJ?

Posté Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 9:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
from what iv seen its badly constructed and cheap :(

i belive you can use it for timecode as thats its purpose in torque

torq is locked to that soundcard only

you cannot use it with out the card :(

Posté Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 12:34 pm
hmmm, i wish i could try the torq before i make a decision. I have already tried VDJ and it seems pretty good. But ive been hearing a lot of hype over torq on other dj forums. I also heard that the quality of conectiv was very plasticky and flimsy.

But VDJ timecode does work on the torq soundcard correct?

Posté Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 8:22 pm

The torq soundcard will work with VDJ yes...

But not sure how well built that card is...

By the way, Numark has a cool solution comming in very few days too...
Called Numark Virtual Vinyl.

Its Numark Cue (Same as VDJ) + 2 timecode vinyls and a great soundcard.. all in one package ;)

Posté Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 8:43 pm
TreZorHome userMember since 2004
numark virtual vinyl, delayed again untilll end of may 2007 now........

torq connectiv is a good apllication, loks cheap but does the work like a pro

Posté Tue 06 Mar 07 @ 4:21 pm
I'm using it now. The sound quality and ASIO support is second to none. VDJ + Conectiv = Bliss.

Especially if you're using timecodes....

Posté Thu 08 Mar 07 @ 11:45 pm
so torq is the interface to buy i guess.....

Posté Fri 09 Mar 07 @ 3:10 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
get numark virtual vinyl interface the dedicated vdj / cue one:)

Posté Fri 09 Mar 07 @ 4:02 pm
well the date of release keeps on coming, now its end of may......

Posté Sun 11 Mar 07 @ 8:56 am
hey peeps, just picked up m-audio conectiv and love the sound card.....no crazy about the torq software and would like to use vdj with it......I've downloaded the free version of vdj but can't get the headphones to work right.....Can someone please tell me the configuration for the conectiv and vdj ???? If i can get this to work would pick vdj tight away......thanks in advance.

Posté Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 6:42 am
Tried the Torq conectiv for a weekend and I liked the soundcard. I used it with TCCD and VDJ and it was good sound and easy to turn the knobs so that I could quickly play cds too. I think the build is OK but on the whole it's expensive if you don't want the software - and i don't want to use it. It is OK but it isn't VDJ.

I sold it the following week on Ebay for exactly what I paid for it. The Maya 44 is so good for the money at around half that price.

A

Posté Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 2:17 pm
cyes67rPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how do i use my connectiv soundcard with vdj can u tell me step by step i had it workin but i forgot how to do it??

Posté Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 6:13 am
I am having a problem configuring VDJ with my conectiv. I keep getting and error message saying that there isn't enough channels when I switch to 2 time code. It will only read one input channel. So frustrated right now cuz I had it working a few days ago. Any ideas?

Posté Fri 25 Dec 09 @ 6:32 pm
The M-Audio Connectiv is a very good soundcard. It works great with Virtual DJ.. Before i bought the Connectiv, i had a maya 44 usb and got rid of it because i didnt like the sound quality. The M-Audio has a feature that all the sound cards dont have. If you have it hooked up to turntables or CD players, You can switch from timecodes to Regular Vinyl records or music cd's without connecting more RCA jack wires. The Interface has 2 buttons you turn to switch for easy access.

Posté Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 11:24 am
caliente has it right The connectiv is great. whether I bring my gear or setup on the house tables, I can get going really fast no need to plug in extra rca's to get a thru for emergency situations. just have a few back up vinyls and some cds if I have computer problems...which knock on wood haven't had in good while.

It does feel and look like a "dj hero toy" but the sound is great and works great for me.
I had the maya and continually had problems with it not working, updating drivers, usb connection, on and on.

Posté Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 5:59 pm
Question of the century:

Whats a better soundcard?

AUDIO 4 DJ OR M-AUDIO CONECTIV?

Which can take the better latencies? Which sounds cleaner?

Thanks!!

Posté Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 6:06 pm
APRODJHome userMember since 2009
I have purchased Torq with conectiv and hated the software, but loved the simplicity of Conectiv. I'm downloading the timecodes tonight and I hope it works with VDJ and a pair of CDJ 800s. Anyone else out there using this combination?

Posté Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 9:36 pm
The Conectiv Sounds really good. Even though the soundcard is made of plastic, its the components inside that make the difference. The cards latecity goes really low. I know because i owned one.

Those using CD time Codes.. use Virtual DJ CD Old engine (V4). The best one....

Posté Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 6:12 pm
APRODJHome userMember since 2009
Ive made these settings with the timecodes ive downloaded, but no response. Can anyone advise?
Also, will the TORQ time code CD's work?

Posté Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 11:33 am
I've been using the Connectiv sc for over a year now and it's solid. Very, very good soundcard with VDJ. Thanks to Dj Nando for recommending me the Connectiv and keeping me away from the Maya44, lol!

Syberman

Posté Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 8:10 am
74%