Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Video cards

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

What's the best video card to use my current one keeps freezing during the running of video's and what is the best laptop to use for the use of virtual dj using video mixing?

Posté Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 3:36 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There's a thread on the board that ranks video cards from really low end to really high end. It depends really on what you're doing.

Are you actually using a laptop or a desktop machine? There are a few things to consider. Laptops cards will be more expensive and in the long run harder to upgrade. Desktop cards are *relatively* cheaper and easier for replacing and stuff.

The run of the mill desktop card at the moment I believe is an Nvidia 7600gt with 128mb dedicated ram on board...and if you can manage it, go for 256 (or more). These do cost a small fortune though. However, if money is not a problem then I'm sure you can go better.

Not 100% sure on what the best spec is for laptop's I'm afraid - although this is being questioned almost daily on the boards. Have a search for 'Laptop' and you'll see bundles of threads worth reading.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posté Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 11:53 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)