Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet CPU usage

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I still have problems with vdj randomly not loading songs and I have also noticed that in windows task manager under performance that when a song loads it takes 100% of cpu usage then returns to low usage-could using 100 % of the cpu when loading also cause it to freeze?

Posté Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 5:31 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how much ram do you have?

Posté Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 5:41 pm
I have 1024mb ram

Posté Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 6:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you tried on proformance

fastest and auto latency

Posté Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 7:02 pm
yes I have done everything on these boards to tweak my system but I still get the random freeze up on songs

Posté Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 7:10 pm
Everytime I tried to load a song to Virtual DJ tries to close out and asks me if I want to recover or shutdown. I can't get any of my MP3 tracks to play at all. Can anybody help me?

Posté Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 8:55 pm
my cpu is running at 100% all the time and it takes long time to load the songs, i have a celeron 2.80 ghz and 512 mb ram, can anyone help me?

Posté Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 8:57 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Guys

Big (long) songs can take a while to load. CPU more or less always hits 100% when loading tracks, this is normal. Also check your max load in the options settings under the Config tab. Set it to 15 mins or Always if you know you are going to be loading songs of more than 15 mins.

However, if you have shared graphics, or low end graphics cards, this could be causing the problems you are describing. RAM is fine but obviously the more the merrier as far as that's concerned. Also, hard drive speed could be an issue. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying it may be a contributary factor.

If you have bundles of software running in the backgroun whilst VDJ is running, you will note slow responses as well. Killing off these apps will have a noticeable effect on your system too, although, if you're unsure about what you're killing off, be careful!!!

If you are using XP, check out threads like these which will give advice on how to speed up your machine. Again though, if you're unsure, don't do anything too drastic.

Remember, help is always on hand here on the boards if you need it.

(",)

P

Posté Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 11:06 am
I have 3 to 4 minute songs that ransomly load really slow and sometimes seem to not want to load at all.
Not sure why this happens.I have two gig ram on one machine and 1 gig on the other, they both act that way.

Posté Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 7:32 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds like a corrupt track maybe?

You could try re-ripping.

P

Posté Sat 24 Feb 07 @ 2:03 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)