Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Software decided to close itself

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Today during playlist maintance, VDJ simply turned itself off. I was working in the dbase and Poof. Gone. PC is not overheated, and VDJ reloadeded fine. No crashguard, no "saving dbase" on exit. Just poof, instant closure. I do not see this as a system "crash", everyting was fine, cpu at 40% and no other noticeable annomililities. I was using the Herc remote.

I have had minor annomolies in the TCV enviroment. Delays in accepting (mouse) commands, and minor "hanging up", but no crashes (knock on wood)...

I will reinstall VDJ before I go out this weekend. VDJ is on a dedicated notebook (Toshiba satellite A-70, 1.5 g RAM, 128 meg radion shared video, 2.93g CPU)

DJTroy

Posté Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 7:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
some times a computer will just play up for no reason i woudlnt be concirned if this doesnt happen again

if it does let us know and we chan have a look at what it might be for you :)

Posté Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 10:11 pm
thanx
TP

Posté Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 3:19 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you describe what you exactly did when VirtualDJ closed. All the details are very important.

Quote :
I was working in the dbase

which dbase? how many files? Already Scanned? ID3Tags is used? External USB Hard drive?

Posté Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 1:55 pm
I was adding comments to the VDJ dbase. The files are stored on my local (c:) HD. I think that I had just right clicked on a file to add a comment. The Picture rotation plug-in was active in the "Play when there is no video" option. I had just saved the dbase (5 min before). I am using the DAC 3 skin. TCV might have been activated, but I had TCV deactivated using the skin button -no sure if I changed the input option back "no input"...

I cannot think of anything else...
TP

Posté Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 4:29 pm
Yeh, i also had this happen to me the other week.

I was just mixing into another song (from a video into an mp3 with visualisations automatically on) then i used my DAC3 (with boggis mapper) to trigger the beatgrid effect on the song that was coming in and it just vanished as i pressed the effect button.

I pressed the button to put the into effects mode and then the effect trigger button in very fast succession so i guessed that's what was doing it. media on a USB2 external hard drive by the way and using vmix 5 skin.

Posté Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 6:34 pm
The songs were scanned. I am noy sure if I was working with video or mp3.

TP

Posté Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 8:20 pm
2, 191 files in the directory...

Posté Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 11:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)