Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet OOPS

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Okay To get the full effect of DJ'ing with video and music I decided to go out and upgrade my performance rig.

previous set up.

Asus K8V-MX Motherboard
Feat - Micro ATX, 3 pci slots, 1agp3slot, firewire, usb2, 64mb video ram.
1GB ddr ram
Sempron 3800+@1.8Ghz
Soundblaster card
PNY geforce X5200 256MB video card

New Setup

ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard
Micro ATX
2 PCI slots, 1 PCIx1, 1PCIex16
Onboard Geforce 6190 256MB ram video card with s-vid/conponent out
Onboard 5.1 audio
2 GB ddr2 800mhz ram(a bit less after assigning 256 to vid ram)
Athlon 64X2 dual core

The reason I titled this post as OOPS,
When I plugged in the USB cable to the faceplate connector - I plugged it in backwards (not paying close attention) When I plugged in a flash drive to the reversed polarity usb port - Meltdown of the flash drive, And I blew the 0.5 fuse in the DAC2

A little bit of reading and a trip to radio shack later I have the usb port running properly and the DAC2 is back together as well.

AND the AMD Dual Core compared to my home system of a Pentium d Dual?

night and day - the AMD out performes it incredibly.

Now I have a lot of practice to do to learn how to dj with videos, and try to solve any hardware problems before I get them

Posté Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 8:45 am
sounds like a great new system good luck with it...i'm kinda in the same boat....trying to get my self as organized w/ VDJ as i have been w/ Traktor......i still don't throw caution to the wind and go strictlt w/ VDJ..... at a minimum still using Traktor as the database ........my goal is to be confidently doing the video thing by this years wedding season so i still have time.....

Posté Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 5:30 pm
I always wondered how the video/visualization is recieved at weddings and if people will pay a premium for it.

I'm working to retire from the Club and hang a shingle for weddings and parties.
I'm getting a little old for the Club - not that it's not fun - I'm getting tired from working/drinking till 3 am and dragging my ass to work in the morning. Time to work for myself I think

Posté Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 9:34 pm
weddings and parties will feel like short 4 hr vacations compared to the club....do a wedding or two w/ a bud good money, very competitive,video will definitely give you a plus for weddings and private parties

Posté Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 4:21 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)