Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Clubs and Demos

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've been DJing publicly for just over a year with about 5 years of practice. Yeah, it took me that long to work up the courage and take a chance. I haven’t done any clubs and want to move that way. Most of the clubs around here (northern CA) want a demo CD.

From anyone’s experience, do the music managers prefer original works, mainstream or a combination of both? I’ve made 9 CDs of mainstream music to "showcase my talent" and have very few originals. Any advice would be most helpful.

Posté Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 6:28 pm
DME-CEOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just make sure the club(s) that you want to play at "suit" your playing capabilities, so check them out if you haven't already and take a listen to the current DJ's and see what they are playing and if they are using any of their own remixes/mashups. the bottom line with ANY demo should be to showcase your BEST WORK so as long as it truly demonstrates your skillz then they really can careless about whether or not it's an original or remixed in some way. I truly beleive that SONG SELECTION is most important when Djing and that's what they are gonna be listening for. Good luck!!

Posté Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 5:14 am
Many thanks for the advice. I really wasn't sure how things work. I agree that song selection is most important because it keeps people on the floor. Also, thanks for the "Good luck!!" I know I'll need it.

Posté Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 4:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)