Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet MK2 not installing properly on DELL Latitude 820

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mateasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey guys.... I'm having a bit of a nightmare with my MK2 on my new laptop.... I had a bit of a hard time to install it last week but I managed in the end and it worked beautifully on Friday and Saturday nights....

Then I turned off the whole thing, and when I went to play with it again on Sunday, the laptop didn't recognise it and asked me to reinstall it. I've been trying since then, but it does not install the whole of the drivers. This means that I do get sound throught the headphones but I don't have any control on the volume on either deck A or B or any control on the bass/treble/medium....

I'm using the drivers from the Hercules site that come in a self-packed .exe file... I'm thinking maybe it'd be better if I had the separate drivers so I could install them manually?

Anyone has any ideas as to how to solve this problem?

Going absolutely mad here!!!! I know it can work because it did already on Friday/Saturday so it's not like the laptop is incompatible or anything.... just seems to be playing up!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Miguel

Posté Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 11:30 am
mateasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi guys...

I contacted customer support at Hercules and this was their reply to my problem. It fixed it, so I'm posting it just in case anyone else has the same issue... I sort of panicked after reading about DELL laptops... I paid nearly £1500 for mine and was well p*ssed off thinking my MK2 wouldn't work with it!!!

Anyway, here's Hercules' reply to my issue:

Thank you for your email.
The following devices should all be present in "Device Manager" for the DJ Console to work properly:

Under "Sound, video and game Controller":
- Hercules DJ Console MK2
- Hercules DJ Console MK2 Asio
- Hercules DJ Console MK2 Bulk
- Hercules DJ Console MK2 MIDI

Under "Universal Seriel Bus Controller (USB)"
- USB Composite Device

Under "Human interface device HID"
- HID Compliant Game Controller
- USB Human interface device (3x)

If any of these devices are not present or if they are recognized under a different name, proceed to a manual update:

Select the device, right click it, and choose UPDATE DRIVER.

From the next window, select <Install from a list or specific location>, next, and then select <Don't search. I will choose the driver to install>
Windows should now give you the opportunity to select your device. Select it and complete the installation.

Check also the power settings at the USB hub.

Please follow the steps bellow:
- enter Start/ Settings/ Control panel
- select “System”
- in the System properties window, select the “Hardware” tab
- choose “Device Manager”
- click the “+” sign on the left of “Universal Serial Bus Controllers”
- double click on “USB root hub”
- select “Power Management” tab
- uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”
- validate your choice with OK

You should find the DJ Console Control Panel near the clock. If it's not available, you should open it from

C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\Mk2\HDJ2CPL.exe.
Please consult also:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=search_faq_results

if the issue persists, please test the product on another PC.

Should you require any further technical assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us either by email from the following Internet addresses:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php, and
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php

or by phone, or on the phone numbers indicated on the following website : http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

Posté Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 8:54 pm
Can i configure Keys-Button's for Hercules Mk2 the way i like using virtual dj and how?
because i need to change the (peech speed button to work as it's on virtual dj, because when i use MK2 i need to keep turn the top button for speed)
pls reply anyone!

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 11:46 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
coolworld wrote :
Can i configure Keys-Button's for Hercules Mk2 the way i like using virtual dj and how?
because i need to change the (peech speed button to work as it's on virtual dj, because when i use MK2 i need to keep turn the top button for speed)
pls reply anyone!

you need to be a pro user to map buttons on the mk2

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 12:41 pm
Just a crazy question, did you plug the MK2 into the same USB slot as you did when it was working. That will cause you to have to re-install the drivers????

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 10:04 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)