Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Numark TT500 Problem

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello all. This forum is so helpful I thought I would throw this up here and hope for some responses. I can't find a Numark Forum anywhere and did already contact there technical help without any response.

Last night, a two year old TT 500 direct drive turntable stops starting. I hit the start button and nothing. I check to make sure it's start speed adjustment is correct etc...it all is. Power is getting to the TT as evidenced by the lights all working. Now the interesting part, if I push start the platter myself the TT keeps going. It doesn't stop, even after 10 minutes. But, if I even slightly hold the platter it stops.

It's as if the motor has lost it's torque all of a sudden.

Anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance.

Posté Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 8:51 pm
take it in for repair.

Posté Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 9:07 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
did you mess with the reverse switch too much?

literaly the first day i had my TT500s a mate came over to see them and i let him have a play while i went to the kitchen (what could he do, rite?), he found an interesting efect! if you keep pressing the reverse button then you can make it scratch by itself! unfortunately it also breaks it so wont be doing that again! sent it back saying it had come like that lol. its got tons of torque but the motor can die quite easy if you stopstartstopstartstopstart and forwardreverseforwardreverse. (its actualy the motor control potentiomiter that fucks but stil) if the deck just seems to have no torque on yours this is probably the same thing that happend to mine (same thing as you describe but it would cccrraaawwwlll up to speed and not sit at 100%, and forget scratching or cueing cause the thing just had no puff).

get it repaired (its not a major fix i dont think)

Posté Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 10:02 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
sounds like you were unlucky, and got one of the early revision motors in the TT500.
Send it back for a motor change and everything will be all good for years...

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 12:17 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
they made a rev 2 version that had grills under the platter to cure the overheating problem of the oringinal models. this is the version i have, about 20 months old, stil broke down

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 12:44 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thank you folks for your opinions. And the IM's I got from a couple of pals. No Reverse abuse Xeo, thanks for responding. I knew you had these TT's and was hoping you would chime in. I bought them in March 05 so might have the overheat problem. I can say it's my scratching TT..I'm a lefty and I"ve certainly let it have it for a couple of years. I'm also now having a prob with my mixer whiich is making me think i have a spill problem. The effects window on my mixer is flashing in and out. I had about 60 folks at my house last weekend when this all happenend. Too many people touching stuff, although I do guard the equipment it's possible I missed something. I will have to look into the motor version I have and other stuff. Hopefully Numark wil contact me tomorrow. Thanks folks.

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 2:12 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)