Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet External Soundcard

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Currnetly running VDJ 3.1 i think , pretty happy with it.

Looking to install an external soundcard to i can cue music, through the headphone option on the program.

Anyone reccomend External soundcards?

Many thanks,

Craig

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 12:05 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you thought about upgrading to v4.2 with the new higher quality sound engine

i recomend u46dj , numark i/0 dj

and maya 44

Posté Thu 22 Feb 07 @ 12:36 pm
what is your set up ? desktop or laptop ? what operating system ? what is your budget?

Posté Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 1:59 am
Depends how powerful you want the soundcard to be.

Here's a discussion on the subject:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/52230/General_Discussion/HELP__-_buying_new_laptop_soundcard.html?highlight=Soundblaster%20Notebook

I would recommend, if you have an older laptop, meaning PCI then go with the Soundblaster Audigy Notebook card. Its compact enough for travel and should do the job.

If you have a new laptop, you are screwed because the new laptops can't use the Soundblaster Audigy Notebook cards since the new standard is expresscard slots. You would have to get a USB one as recommend by many of the folks on these forums. If you are on a budget, have a new laptop with vista, I would recommend the USB soundcard from turtle beach...

There are endless possibilities, it all depends on what kind of sound you want and how much you want to spend. I tend to keep things simple and portable.

I truly hope that Creative gets their stuff together and release an Expresscard version of their Soundblaster Notebook card or maybe Echo Indigo will beat them to it.

Cuidate!
VDJ Batibiri aka Mr. Peabody
Virtual Dj Witness Protection Program

Posté Fri 23 Feb 07 @ 5:03 am
Thanks for the responce guys!

Im running: Advent PC 2.8ghz Intel Pen 4
512 Mb DDR
80Gb Hard Drive
Geforce 4 MX 128mb tv out Grap Card

Really just after a decent medium sized external sound card, nothing too major, only to hear what im cueing in the head phones

Cheers

Posté Sat 24 Feb 07 @ 8:22 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)