Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Peace out!!! - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

As stated in my earlier post I am off to serato land, until VDJ gets it's act together. It sure has been nice, sitting around waiting for the Mac version. I appreciate the real sincere effort in communicating with your customer base, great job!! However, all the mixed up release dates & my need for a stable mp3 program,has caused me to purchase Serato. I will check back eventually to see if there are any more fake promises, until then best wishes!!!

P.S. You guys are the greatest!!! :(

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 3:53 pm

Hope to see you back soon...

There havent been any fake promises, only a delay for the release of Mac version, due to the workload on making all the PC code (MILLIONS of code lines) to Mac, is quite a big task.

It will be released soon, but I hope you understand that its no good release the software before its all good and tested. So it took some time, a bit longer than first expected.

Anyways, you are always welcome back here :)

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 5:05 pm
maczachHome userMember since 2010
BYE BYE! ever notice the same people that complain about the release date are first in line to complain about anything less then 100% perfection. It will be out when its ready, and not a moment sooner get over yourself.

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 5:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
true its important that it is as perfect as possible on release it realy wont be that long now :)

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 7:20 pm
I feel you djallstyle.

Big-ups to Heavy Hitters and everyone in Chi-town. PM me with your contact info and I'll do the same so that we can hang out if you're in LA or if when I'm in Chicago. I may be flying out there this summer with a couple of the Junkies and possibly some ISP/Triple Threat so we should get together and have a collabo somewhere! =)

Sorry to have lost you for now, but I'm confident that we'll see you back soon after VDJ/VV Macs issues are resolved. Please understand that calendar quarter long (sometimes half year long or more) software launch delays are not at all unusual. running.

I myself know that I would have had several residencies by now if this release wasn't running 2 months late already, and will go 3 at least from the looks of it. I've pretty much given up on the TCV option for now (I wouldn't stake mine or my partners reputations on windows to do anything more than simple controller tasks) and have just gone ahead and taken Thursday night residency at a multi-million dollar club starting this week http://www.v2olongbeach.com/ , have a weekly Friday lined up as well very soon http://www.silkatpechanga.com/ , but for now I may have to resort to just using the Hercules controller and VDJ on Boot Camped windows for now. =(

But I wholeheartedly believe that VDJ/VV will be the best option in a short while, and still be leaps and bounds ahead of SSL feature wise and hopefully time wise in ushering in the 3rd evolution of the art of dj'ing, Visual Turntablism.

Anyways, PM me with your info and let's keep it movin' for turntablists and real dj's worldwide djallstyle! I'll be more than happy to give you a slot to spin at any of my spots. =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 8:28 pm
Maczach wrote:
BYE BYE! ever notice the same people that complain about the release date are first in line to complain about anything less then 100% perfection. It will be out when its ready, and not a moment sooner get over yourself.

Dude read my posts, I have never had success with this program on pc. I bought a Mac specifically because of the promises of a mac version. If you were in my shoes as a working Dj you would be frustrated also. I purchased this program & a pc laptop with more than the recommended specs,almost two years ago & still no success. I credit Vdj & this forum for trying to help me resolve my issues, however no success. I still spin with cds so Maczach you can kiss my sound card.

Dj in norway:

I understand your position much props however, I've spent a little too much money on this spin mp3s on vinyl revolution not to be in the mix. To think, I've actually went to bat against any dj using serato. However I was shut up quite fast when vdj crashed live in the club. I don't know if anyone on this forum has suffered the embarrassment of vdj crashing in front of 500-600 people in the club. All of my ''vdj smokes serato'' talk went down the drain. So please understand my honest frustration in general, with this product. Just so you guys know heres the results of a recent vdj vs. serato vs. final scratch vs. virtual vinyl etc.poll
http://www.hiphophits.net/extra/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=14

ConQuest:

Thanks for the love. I will pm you very soon. You're one the most knowledgeable people on this forum in reference to Vdj & Macs. Hopefully we can hook up soon:) Trust me my movement will continue regardless of the release date for Vdj Mac. I just had faith in the possibilties & was hoping everything could work out. Any much love see you guys sooner or later

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 10:37 pm
maczachHome userMember since 2010
Ummm last i checked I was a working dj, and I use my shinny new gen-3 tcvs just about every weekend. To do video, with my 1200s on my crappy pc. I don't think a mac will fix your issues most problems i've read here are self-caused problems, such as using your gig pc to do your taxes to getting a soundblaster card to run tcvs. Or calling yourself a visual turntablist and using a djconsole. where do you think it will end?

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 10:48 pm

@maczach:

djallstyle is not Conquest, and has timecode vinyls, and not dj console, and is not reffering to himself as visual turntablist either.. ;) hehe

djallstyle wrote :

However I was shut up quite fast when vdj crashed live in the club. I don't know if anyone on this forum has suffered the embarrassment of vdj crashing in front of 500-600 people in the club. All of my ''vdj smokes serato'' talk went down the drain. So please understand my honest frustration

I totally understand your frustration, and can honestly say I wouldnt use VDJ live again, if that happened to me. Not until I figured out why, and fixed it, anyways..

I have used VDJ live for that big and 3 times as big gigs, over a period of 3 years, and have never had a crash... knock on woods;)

I do take precautions though, tested hardware and setup extensivly at home first, and have VDJ on a clean WinXP partition. And a different partition for my online surf, game and play..

I'm pretty sure we'd fix you working 100% too.. If you want help on setting it up.

But I understand the frustration, and hopefully you will be back for the mac version.... :)

If you ever need any help, let me know.. PCs can be a bit tricky sometimes

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:19 pm
Maczach:

I use a maya 44 sound card ( the highly recommended card for vdj) A gateway 350wvn 2.8ghz processor 1 gig ram maxtor 80gig external hd, TT's & Cdj 1000s. I did not mean to say you are not working, but since you are working you should feel me. Its simple $1500.00 invested(total) , no results. I followed all of the forum recs to a tee. My pc lappy just can't handle it. This pc has only been used for Vdj & updates..... I'm not opposed to Pc, but I did my own research & I found out that every dj that had a problem with vdj,serato, final scratch etc. we all were using pc. On the contrary every dj i know that uses the same programs on a Mac had no problems. I 've had this same conversation with at least 50 dj's from the Chicago area. I have no idea when this will end, but I feel I've been faithful to this product. I 've waited for all the pc updates, still no success. Now I've waited for Vdj Mac for at least six months. I gotta do what I gotta, which is blow more money on Serato. I 've been promising this video mixing deal for the longest, still no action. My credibility with certain promoters,djs club owners is in full jeopardy, when it comes to this technology, not to mention the gigs I could get for being one of the first to offer this type of show in my area. Maczach I hope you understand & realize that there are plenty of djs who have not been successful with Vdj. Just search the forum, I'm not alone.

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:23 pm

@djallstyle

No worries, the PC platform is a crazy world of soooooo many different components, drivers and setup, ranging from Pc made by dodgy companies to proffesional brands.. Still so many things that can go wrong. I'm just glad the vast majority have no issues.

Saying that, there are chances that the MAC version will work better for a higher prosentage of users, as it has a uniform hardware platform, where the OS makers (Apple) is in total control of what hardware is inside, and the OS is made and tested on that hardware only, and extensivily.

So I can totally see why many DJs swear to the MAC platform.

I still have 100% sucsess on my PC though.. Second one in fact. Its a Fujitsu Siemens, and maybe I had luck on chips and drivers. But 3 years running now, and no issues.

I might get mac next though ;)

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:30 pm
djallstyle wrote :
Maczach wrote:
[blah, blah, blah,...]

Dude read my posts, I have never had success with this program on pc.

Don't sweat this guy djallstyle, he's not worth it.

djallstyle wrote :
Dj in norway: I've actually went to bat against any dj using serato. However I was shut up quite fast when vdj crashed live in the club. I don't know if anyone on this forum has suffered the embarrassment of vdj crashing in front of 500-600 people in the club. All of my ''vdj smokes serato'' talk went down the drain.

I'm right there with you.

I've had VDJ windows freeze on me 3 times out of 5 performances within the past 3 months. That's why I started setting up my MK2 VDJ equipment separately from my partners SSL set-up, so that when windows or VDJ on windows took a dump, as we all knew it would, they could quickly recover the dancefloor with their set-up.

All I can do at this point is just tell them that it's a work in progress and they all trust me because they know my skill level when on regular equipment, so that's that.

djallstyle wrote :
ConQuest:

Thanks for the love. I will pm you very soon. You're one the most knowledgeable people on this forum in reference to Vdj & Macs. Hopefully we can hook up soon:)

Thanks djallstyle, much appreciated!

I kind of get tired of getting beat down from people that I just end up proving wrong in the end. ;)

It's nice to hear good things from people that I know I've helped, and there are several who PM me or post their gratitude on these forums.

djallstyle wrote :
Trust me my movement will continue regardless of the release date for Vdj Mac. I just had faith in the possibilties & was hoping everything could work out. Any much love see you guys sooner or later

Glad to hear it. Peace brotha! =)

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:46 pm
@ DJ in norway

You are 100% correct. Most djs I know are simply results driven. In my circle, I have not had success. I would probably would have to build a night at a new club here to open the mostly serato djs to even try something else. When I mention the video aspect, they make claims that serato has creatd their own version for videos & will prefer to wait until it comes out. Anyway, I will check back in a month or so to see where we are, I will probably be at an advantage, for owning both programs. Thanks for everything:)

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:49 pm

Serato is adding video yes. Release is said to be late summer... But might be delayed.
It will be a plugin module that you have to pay extra for.

I still doubt it will be anywhere near VDJ video mixing though, as VDJ has had years of development on that part ...

And you are of course allowed to use both programs ;) hehe..
The SL-1 box (Serato box) even works as a soundcard for VDJ.

I'm pretty sure your comfidence and faith for VDJ will come back, and that you'll be happy mixing with VDJ soon.. ;)

You're welcome at the forum regardless... dont have to leave.. :)

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:56 pm
maczach wrote :
Or calling yourself a visual turntablist and using a djconsole.

Hey retard, I'm already a turntablist and I have videos and visuals that I use. I'm only waiting on VDJ Mac, genius, because I won't risk my reputation as a turntablist on a windows [P]iece of
rap.

Oh, boohoo. Someone did their taxes on their windows pc and that destabilized the computer for VDJ use? LOL!!!

Now you know why intelligent people use Macs and why windows users are switching by the hundreds of thousands to them.

"I'm not responsible for other people's lack of foresight, much less their ignorance". - Me

As soon as I get VDJ Mac, I'll make my own Visual Turntablism demo besides the one that me and my turntablist partner from the Beat Junkies have already put out for the heads of HITS Magazine who are backing our VT movement, you pion.

Combined with the other VT products we have launching in March, you'll stand by and witness a successful movement by us, because the only movement you can create is in your bowels, and the most talented part of you is your a$$... or head... one in the same.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

djallstyle wrote :
I did my own research & I found out that every dj that had a problem with vdj,serato, final scratch etc. we all were using pc. On the contrary every dj i know that uses the same programs on a Mac had no problems.

THAT is in large part why Virtual Vinyls release is being held back for BOTH windows and Mac, even if the windows version is ready to go.

The Mac version is TOO important in terms of credibility for Numark in the PROFESSIONAL U.S. turntablist and REAL (not MacZach's amateur level) performance DJ market.

djallstyle wrote :
I 've been promising this video mixing deal for the longest, still no action. My credibility with certain promoters,djs club owners is in full jeopardy, when it comes to this technology, not to mention the gigs I could get for being one of the first to offer this type of show in my area.

EXACTLY!!!

Unfortunately I can't afford to wait any longer, which is why I have to start this multi-million dollar club this week and use my MK2 for VDJ and Serato for vinyl until VDJ Mac WITH video support is available.

When that happens, I'll be able to bury rookie wannabe's like MacZach with visual and audible proof of my abilities.

Posté Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:59 pm

Calm down Fabio;) lets keep it clean..

And I know about you and Icy Ice and the Beat Junkies movement, with mixing videos, and hopefully on VDJ for mac ;) real soon..

It sounds very exciting, and hope we all can benefit from that experience soon :)

Keep up a positive vibe until then though ;) waiting is VERY frustrating I know.. But I bet you would all be even more frustrated if the release was rushed and not ready. The period that the development is going through now is all about making it rock solid.

VDJ for mac already works, I have it... But its not ready for relase before its fully ironed out all bugs. And there will be extensive betatesting before that. But things are moving every day.

Peace:)

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 12:13 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

Calm down Fabio;) lets keep it clean..

Everyone will be happy and everything will be clean as soon as MacWach jumps off a cliff. It'll be the only accomplishment of his lfe, because dj'ing certainly isn't.

=P

dj-in-norway wrote :
And I know about you and Icy Ice and the Beat Junkies movement,

Visual Turntablism movement. =)

with mixing videos, and hopefully on VDJ for mac ;) real soon..

dj-in-norway wrote :
It sounds very exciting, and hope we all can benefit from that experience soon :)

The reaon I'm so anxious is because I KNOW that we WILL all benefit from that experience soon.

dj-in-norway wrote :
Keep up a positive vibe until then though ;)

It may not seem like it on these forums where I vent, but that is ALL I do around everyone that I'm involved with in the music industry.

I'm the smiling face that is going around and telling people to keep an eye out on what we are GOING to do, because we WILL do it. There is no IF in this equation. ;)

dj-in-norway wrote :
waiting is VERY frustrating I know.. But I bet you would all be even more frustrated if the release was rushed and not ready.

Yes, waiting is frustrating, but I've also posted MANY times on these forums that I do NOT want an unfinished, rushed out the door product. The sooner the better, but more importantly, the BETTER the better.

I've got high profile end users AND NOW high profile venues lined up to start showcasing VDJ/VV.The stakes are WAY too high to settle for a half ... ahem..."baked" product at this point.

dj-in-norway wrote :
The period that the development is going through now is all about making it rock solid.

Of course.

dj-in-norway wrote :
VDJ for mac already works, I have it...

But its not ready for relase before its fully ironed out all bugs. And there will be extensive betatesting before that.

So it's still in alpha (despite the confusion caused by a few people saying that they are beta testers which is why I flew off the handle to begin with) and we still have to go through "extensive beta testing before that"?!

At this rate, it looks like VDJ/VV Mac will be announced alongside Mac OS 10.5 Leopard in April/May, so then the question becomes "will VDJ/VV Mac be Leopard compatabile"?

Seriously. I'm not trying to be smart a$$, but you guys might want to be prepared for that because Native Instruments didn't release a Mac OS 10.3 Panther compatibile version of Traktor until over 9 months after Panther's release, and they got flamed for that by the end users who had to continue to use Mac OS 10.2 Jaguar until then.

dj-in-norway wrote :
But things are moving every day.

Peace:)

I trust that's the case. I never thought otherwise. =)

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 1:06 am
yeah, I know that there might be some comfusion about Steve and a couple of others having an Alpha version of VDJ mac. They only have it to do some initial testing, and at the stage it was at then, any software company would keep things real close to avoid leaks etc.

But beta testing around here is usually a quick period, because we have the "alpha stage", so usually the beta testing is about confirmation that features works, and a occationally some bugs might arise.

What date it will be all done, is still hard to say, but its like this with any software company. Sometimes things takes a bit longer to code and fix, than expected.

Without revealing details, I'm pretty sure VDJ will be Leopard compatible, and that MAC version upgrades and fixes will come smoothly after the initial ground work is done ;)

Bet you will be one West Coast jumping smiley face in not too long;)

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 1:26 am
@ Conquest

Get em, Get Em!!!! My pitbull growls!! : ) I was really trying to be nice on my departing post. I see you have no tolerance for petty insults, like the ones that came from WacZach (lol). trust me we see eye to eye. Thanks for coming to my defense, while defending yourself. The serato/vdj movement has begun & we will be in the best positions, being able to use both programs.

@ dj in norway

I was only referring to how serato has a loyal customer base & instead of trying something that's already done, they would prefer to wait for what has worked fro them. Its like a woman, another chick always looks better, but why go through all the hassle again, (1st date, 1st argumenat 1st time in bed etc).
Since you own a copy of the Vdj mac version, as well as some of the other teamers & v.i.p members, I feel we probably could've been updated or informed of the recent recent status of Vdj Mac. Just saying Its coming soon, is very disappointing, I'm not blaming you or anyone in particular, just would have been nice. I know what you guys do is not simple, so with respect for that, I patiently move on to something stable for me now.

@ WacZach

Well you know what you can do!!!! K.M.A Kiss is the 1st word!!!

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 1:28 am

@djallstyle

Its complicated moving all of (and its LOTS) the code from the PC platform to the Mac platform, but when its done, all the ground work is done, so the updates from that day on will come quick and smooth.

I know you are all anxious about details, and its not that much to say really. VDJ works for MAC already, but some of the features needs a bit more work. So thats whats going on. By that, you know we are getting real close, but still hard to say how long the last parts will take, as they are complicated.

Its just impossible to say how long a problem will take to solve... But its worked on each day, and each day its getting closer.

And nothing is delayed by any intention, its all done to make sure you guys have the best DJ software for the MAC platform, its all for you... and on top of that, all for free too ;)

Asking for patience is always hard, because waiting is frustrating.. I know. ;)

But good things comes to those who waits, and I'm comfident you all will find it well worth the wait in the end ;)

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 1:36 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
dj-in-norway wrote :

Bet you will be one West Coast jumping smiley face in not too long;)

That would be worth the ticket and 5 hour flight out there to see.

@djallstyle
I read your posts and remember back the very same frustration I went through that ended up costing me MSRP on 5 different programs.
Totally understand that, but for what it's worth I doubt any of us will ever be satisfied with the rate of progress.
Technology will for ever be leading us around by the nose ring.

What I long to see is how well the competition does the video side of this.
Anybody can announce and speculate a release, but until it's in the user's hands trouble free the fat lady ain't sung her tune yet.

You gotta admit though, we got a hell of a group here, it's more than just software.

Posté Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 1:36 am
49%