Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Need help with beatmatching using graph

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello all, I am new here and have a question concerning the usage of the beat graphs [CDG'?]. There appears to be a square block followed by 3 rectangular blocks, I am assuming that the square block is the downbeat of each song [is this true?], if so, the method I am trying to use to beatmatch is to simply start the incoming track whenevr I see a blue square block in line with an orange square block, this suggests to me that both song's downbeats are now in sync but the mix is not good as somtimes I get the snare of one song matched with the bass of the other, why is this or what am I doing wrong here or how am I supposed to use the beat graphs to beatmatch?

Posté Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 1:35 pm
You're right in the theory... that's why there are SQUARES and the 3 other points.

But sometimes this don't means if you arrange squares all will go perfect, it can depend on:
- style of song (some styles aren't good as 4/4 beats)
- song details (maybe the artist made the snares go on beat, or different than usual)
- file details (the analysis of the file can change if this file isn't good)

The best way is to prelisten next song to know if the SQUARE beats has to match with the current playing one, or not.

Posté Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 4:58 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
PDN is correct. I recently transferred 8,500 tracks to MP3 which means I had the glorious task of reanalysing them all.

Having been so used to my tracks in WMA format and knowing the exact BPM and how to mix them was no use to me. I stuck on a couple of tracks live one night and went to mix them and it was terrible!!! The bpm was out and the downbeat was not on the 'first' cbg block.

The key is to pre-listen what you are going to mix in. Don't rely on the software to be correct 100% of the time. Beatmatching with VDJ helps to keep your sets in time...it doesn't necessarily make it sound good. You are the one that makes it sound good by mixing correctly at the correct time.

Good luck...and keep spinnin...(",)

P

Posté Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 5:40 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)