Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DN-HC4500 CONTROLLER - Page: 5

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

hey denon, main problem is finding a good image;) hehe.. it will be made in no time, easy to make. But a good image top view of the controller would help lots...

The 2500 controller skin was made super fast with this excellent image:
http://www.dn-hd2500.com/images/dn-hd2500.png

Got something like that for the 4500 ?`;) would make it possible to make a perfect looking skin ;)

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 7:42 pm
Can we get a little help Denon DJ?

OO

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 7:49 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
DJ Rick wrote :
Hey DENON, do you need a beta tester???

...then I wont have a job :(

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 8:57 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
dj-in-norway wrote :
hey denon, main problem is finding a good image;) hehe.. it will be made in no time, easy to make. But a good image top view of the controller would help lots...

The 2500 controller skin was made super fast with this excellent image:
http://www.dn-hd2500.com/images/dn-hd2500.png

Got something like that for the 4500 ?`;) would make it possible to make a perfect looking skin ;)

Your looking for a HC4500 rendering image and not an actual photo image as posted above or here:

http://www.denondj.com/dnhc4500/HC4500-Top.jpg

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 8:59 pm
That Denon skin would be real nice. But too bad there aren't any video screens on it for us guys that do strictly video. :(

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 9:53 pm
CanSpoilU wrote :
That Denon skin would be real nice. But too bad there aren't any video screens on it for us guys that do strictly video. :(

That will be added as a pannel in the skin ;) wait and see ;)

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 10:17 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Denon DJ wrote :
DJ Rick wrote :

There is ALWAYS need for beta testers.......lol

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 10:26 pm
Denon DJ wrote :
DJ Rick wrote :

@Denon DJ

If you were to lose your job, I’m sure we could get you one here as a beta tester. However, the pay isn’t that good but the benifits are great—free upgrades for life.... lol ;)

OO

Posté Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 12:22 am
CanSpoilU wrote :
Damm... I wished it [HC4500] had gain controls and a crossfader. Because if I want to use this, I have to use an external mixer.

Right now I run off my laptop and MK2. The MK2 is like an all in one solution which I love. Easy to lug around.

http://rane.com/mp2.html

http://rane.com/mp4.html

I would be nice if Denon made similar mixers to go with the HC4500.

OO

Posté Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 5:18 pm
denonHome userMember since 2005
Currently with Reflex, the HC4500 pitch sliders can double as your volume faders as well by a mode flip.

Posté Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 7:09 pm
denon wrote :
Currently with Reflex, the HC4500 pitch sliders can double as your volume faders as well by a mode flip.

An actual Denon Dev Team Rep already informed us of this ;) but thanks for the info:

Denon DJ wrote :
By a flip of a switch, the pitch slider can also become the volume fader as well with the bundled software of Reflex.

I’m sure we will be able to do the same with VDJ. However, I do have a concern: I can see DJs forgetting to flip the switch and accidentally adjusting the pitch while mixing instead of fading out the volume. Consequently, it’s better to use a mixer in my opinion.

OO

Posté Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 7:34 pm
Double O wrote :
I’m sure we will be able to do the same with VDJ. However, I do have a concern: I can see DJs forgetting to flip the switch and accidentally adjusting the pitch while mixing instead of fading out the volume.

I could make a mapper for it that does this if I can get my hands on a HC4500 :)

This is already available as an option in my DMC-2 mapper, but off by default because most people don't need it (I.e: Using the controller with an external mixer) and to prevent accidental toggling it and ending up adjusting the volume when you meant to adjust pitch or vice-versa.

The option is there though for DJ's who want to use the controller completely stand-alone, e.g: Mobile DJ

Posté Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 7:42 pm
jpboggis wrote :

This is already available as an option in my DMC-2 mapper, but off by default because most people don't need it (I.e: Using the controller with an external mixer) and to prevent accidental toggling it and ending up adjusting the volume when you meant to adjust pitch or vice-versa.

So the only way that I can see to aviod possibly making this mistake is by using an external mixer. I know for a fact that I would forget and acicidentally perform the wrong function while mixing live in public, which is a DJ's nightmare! However, the HC-4500 will still be the best controller on the market for the $$$. Nevertheless, it would be nice to see its future replacement with a fader.

OO

Posté Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 8:01 pm
denonHome userMember since 2005
[quote]I’m sure we will be able to do the same with VDJ. However, I do have a concern: I can see DJs forgetting to flip the switch and accidentally adjusting the pitch while mixing instead of fading out the volume. Consequently, it’s better to use a mixer in my opinion.

OO [quote]

Not a problem at all...
When Reflex is in "mixer mode", the display tells you.
You can't make a pitch mistake because the player is locked to the last pitch position, so when you return from mixer mode to pitch slider mode, the slider will only reactivate when it reaches the actual pitch slider postion, same goes with mixer mode...
This avoids any mistakes in either mode.

Posté Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 8:36 pm
My mapper does the same when switching between the two modes - The slider must be moved to the correct position first before any changes can be made (It even tells you which direction to move the slider and by how much on the LCD display.) The same is also done for pitch if the on-screen software slider is moved.

The main problem I encountered during development of the mapper was a user who didn't need or use this feature accidentally triggered it (So it adjusted volume instead of pitch), and then couldn't work out how to switch it back because they hadn't read the mixer mode part of the manual.

Posté Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 8:44 pm
jpboggis wrote :
This is already available as an option in my DMC-2 mapper....

@jpboggis

I thought the DMC2 didn’t require any additional mapping with VDJ/CUE. I assumed it was simply “plug and play.” Here’s a direct quote from Numark’s website:

“No assignment of software parameters for the DMC2 is necessary – simply connect the controller to a laptop with a USB cable, enable it CUE’s configuration screen, and watch the virtual controls respond to the DMC2's actions.”

http://www.numark.com/dmc2

OO

Posté Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 7:07 am
denon wrote :

Not a problem at all...
When Reflex is in "mixer mode", the display tells you.
You can't make a pitch mistake because the player is locked to the last pitch position, so when you return from mixer mode to pitch slider mode, the slider will only reactivate when it reaches the actual pitch slider postion, same goes with mixer mode...
This avoids any mistakes in either mode.

From what I have seen in a video demonstration of Reflex, you really don’t have to adjust the pitch of a song. The software automatically does it for you. Some VDJ users might disagree with me, but beat syncing with Reflex is the best I’ve seen so far of any DJ software—including VDJ. However, I must stress the word “seen” because I haven’t tried it. Therefore, you can use the pitch controls for the HC-4500 almost exclusively as volume faders with Reflex. It seems like Jorgen and Denon have put PCDJ back in the mp3 mixing game. Nevertheless, I guess we'll have to wait and see if the trial version of Reflex that comes with the HC-4500 performs as advertised ;)

OO

Posté Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 7:29 am
Y'know judging by the amount of posts and veiwed numbers, this is damn smart little bit of free advertising for denon.

I must say kudos for VDJ to allow this to be discussed in such depth.

If Only Numark had listened to us when we asked for this style of controller.

touch sensitive jogs
integrated soundcard
good built quality.
Rackmount (dance of joy for rackmount)

I like the DMC2, and probably won't buy another controller untill it dies, but DAMN denon got the goods on this one.

Posté Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 5:47 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004

What is that??? and where i can find it? It seems like a normal dns 3500

Posté Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 6:57 pm
Double O wrote :
I thought the DMC2 didn’t require any additional mapping with VDJ/CUE. I assumed it was simply “plug and play.”

Yes, the DMC-2 will work straight out of the box without the need for a mapper or drivers, just like any other natively supported USB HID controller (Such as the DAC-3 and XP10.)

However these default mappings do not suit all users and often do not allow the controller to be used to its full potential to control most aspects of VDJ. For example, the default DMC-2 mapping doesn't allow much control of video mixing (A big part of VDJ) apart from moving the video crossfader. My custom mapper allows video effects and transitions to be manipulated directly from the controller. It also offers the pitch/volume toggle talked about in this topic as an option too (The default does not have this function.

Mapper plugins are there to offer an alternative to what the default support offers and can be optionally used by users who own the controller if they wish to do so. Some users may not need or want this additional functionality and will be happy with the default mappings. Others will want more from their controller and that's where custom mapper plugins come in - The choice is there for users who need/want it. That's the great thing about VDJ with its open interface for user created plugins and skins.

The Denon HC-4500 will also work plug-'n'-play straight out of the box if native support is added to VDJ, but there will also be the option for a custom mapper with enhanced functionally to be written for it too (I'd be willing to do this if I can get my hands on one!)

Posté Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 7:56 pm
32%