Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Songs bought from Itunes

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I bought a few songs from Itunes and they are formatted as M4P and not MP4. Is there a codec where I can try and solve this proplem.

Thanks

Posté Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 5:11 pm
try converting them within itunes itself. I use itunes to rip and convert my music.

Posté Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 5:20 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
AFAIK, M4P and MP4 are the same thing, they both use Apple's AAC codec. You can just define the extension in the options > codecs tab and just set the codec to the same thing as MP4....

Posté Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 8:49 pm
Bought from iTunes = has DRM. Except for the EMI stuff I guess but you didn't specify.

Virtual DJ won't be able to play the files straight away (content is encoded and Apple hasn't licensed the cedec to *anyone*). Also, iTunes won't let you convert the 'protected AAC' files with it's inbuilt ripping tool :(

The workaround is to burn to CD then import from the CD in your preferred format. No software (currently) available to strip the DRM. Some programs claim to do it but they are just performing the above workaround on the HD: creating a disk image then ripping from the 'disk'.

Posté Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 3:52 am
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Another workaround which is irritating but works better than using a cd is recording the song with audacity, then saving it as a mp3

Posté Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 10:56 pm

Posté Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 8:11 pm
tongjiHome userMember since 2009

Posté Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 12:37 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)