Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet crackling noise when hdd is accessed

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

zachaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hello!

i have the problem that virtual dj will cause a crackling noise when ANY program or process accesses the HDD- no matter if I use tc- vinyls, mp3 files or passthruh actual vinyls. thats very annoying. i have already installed the newest chipset drivers and of course use dma mode for my hdd.

my hardware is:

ibm thinkpad t40, 1,5 GHz, 40 GB 5400 rpm HDD, 512 MB memory, maya 44 usb sound card.
windows xp professional installed.

does anyone have a solution for this?

thanks in advance.

Posté Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 2:58 pm
do you have any IRQ or other conflicts/sharings between your HD and soundcard? that might cause such noize?

Posté Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 3:33 pm
zachaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
they don't share an irq... the usb controller uses #11 the primary ide channel uses #14

Posté Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 3:38 pm
the usb have several controllers (and therefor more than one irq)

did you check them all?

Posté Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 3:46 pm
zacha - is your laptop plugged in by your AC adaptor?

it sounds like it may be a ground loop problem.. which could be solved by using your laptop on its battery.. or finding a ground loop isolator

the first is easiest.. and if ya find a GLI let me know where.. cause i've had no luck

Posté Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 6:51 pm
Go down to radio shack and get a two prong plug adapter without the groung prong. Then connect that to your power supply cord . The problem should go away. Then try that with your amp also.

Posté Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 9:17 pm
Hi there..I also have exactly the same problem,ie,crackling & some skipping no matter what is played thru the console - i power it thru the USB cord only...have had a tech friend looking at it all morning,ad it seems to be a common problem with 1000's of possible solutions!..whats up with this console??..i have ample specs on my laptop,so i cant work it out..HELP!

Posté Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 5:22 am
it depends if you are using Anything other USB. (harddrive and so on)
you must be more specific. But for me the first console was running smoothly, except of the time
when i get out of free memory and windows started to fill the swapfile. Then the skips occured.

Posté Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 5:38 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)