Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Hercules MK2 and VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ ENTYHome userMember since 2008
Hello everyone. just taken delivery of my Hercules MK 2 and VDJ software.

I have everything loaded into the laptop and everything is working but it just seems soooooo slow. The delays on all the knobs on the console are so long that beat mixing is almost impossible. There's about a second delay in the sound output when I flick the crossfader. Could this be a RAM issue? I've orderd a 512 card to try but at the moment I'm pretty fed up after the initial excitment of the delivery!

Any hints and tips for a Hecules Newbie will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance

Craig

Posté Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 5:45 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posté Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 10:23 am
I just installed those new drivers and everything worked fine for about 3 tracks then the CPU went up to about 100% usuage and stayed there.
Then it all went latent again and all the knobs and dials were jittery. Impossible to mix???

It's a Dell laptop.
Just looked at the spec.
Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 2.4gGHz, 2.34 Ghz processor speed
256 mb Ram
Windows XP
18 Gig HD with about 10 Gig free.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Craig

Posté Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 2:34 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ ENTY wrote :
I just installed those new drivers and everything worked fine for about 3 tracks then the CPU went up to about 100% usuage and stayed there.
Then it all went latent again and all the knobs and dials were jittery. Impossible to mix???

It's a Dell laptop.
Just looked at the spec.
Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 2.4gGHz, 2.34 Ghz processor speed
256 mb Ram
Windows XP
18 Gig HD with about 10 Gig free.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Craig

256Mb of RAM will hamper performance. I found the same as you have with 1GB RAM in my Sony M1. Get as much RAM as you can into the laptop

Posté Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 7:25 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
RAM is definitely an issue in your case. With only 256Mb, XP is already starving for more, and to add a multi-media intensive program live VDJ ontop of it??? So, RAM should be a good starter in making adjustments.]

Posté Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 7:29 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 10:17 am
I installed everything on my home PC which has 2.73 Ghz processor and 1024 Mb Ram and it works fine.
I do have an extra 512Mb Ram module on order for the laptop so that might possibly do it.
Thanks for the answers.

I'll keep you posted.

PS- How do i find all the preferences and settings on VDJ?

Cheers

Enty

Posté Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 12:22 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
As u using the djc edition n it still v3.4.1. The place u might be looking is The FAME settings.

Regards.

Posté Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 4:12 pm
Here's my next question. I' am using V 3.4.1
However my friend has Version 5 which looks much better. Can I use that with mu hercules console?

Cheers

Enty

Posté Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 5:13 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, it will werk. It differs a bit tho (the effects 1+2+3 behaviour) when using with V5x. Do search the forums abt this too as this been covered a lot:)

But for good usage it better to have official Pro version buy from this site n u could have discount for that as u own the djc edition.

http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/discount.html

Or Y dun u try the demo from this site n give it a spin for 20 full days:)

http://www.virtualdj.com/download.html

Have a nice day.

Regards.

Posté Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 5:19 pm
Problem sorted. It's a Dell Laptop with a known overhating problem. The fan housing was so full of s**t that the CPU was running way too hot. After a quick clean everything is perfect.

thanks

Enty

Posté Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 12:47 pm
hey im new to all this and jus got my hercules mk2 console and the traktor package when i install the software for the console it says window need to be modfied or sumit i phone up hercules they told me to download the new driver from there site and then come to the vitual dj site to download summit else any know wt i need to do or download i tried to register my product on virtual dj site to get the downloads up but keeps saying invalid serial im i gettin the serial code right were do i find it many thanks for any help

Posté Tue 19 May 09 @ 11:52 am
Hi, how can i change the jog wheels on the hercules MK2 to act like pitch bends and do the same as a cdj would do?

Thanks
Daz

Posté Wed 20 May 09 @ 8:42 am
I got my new Mk2 and have tried installing it today on a Compaq Vista run laptop...

Have tried to install console six times - removed the drivers from the set up disk and reinstalled from the internet fro Hercules website.

I have used diff USBs ports.

I have tried updated drivers in Device Manager several times - i have 'best drivers installed' according to windows.

I have the yellow triangle with black exclamation mark for driver Hercules DJ Console Driver Bulk - I keep updating it, asks me to restart then it's still same.

Very upset! anyone else getting this problem? Please help!

xx

Posté Sat 23 May 09 @ 9:17 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)