Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Looking for purchase XP10 in U.S - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Anyone know where i can purchase some XP10's in the U.S? Or if anyone is selling some please drop me an e-mail!! --@--.--

A.j

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry djbreeze no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posté Thu 23 Dec 04 @ 1:22 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Virtual DJ Compatible XP10 are only available from Atomix Productions Website.
If you want to purchase some units, you will soon be able to order them online.

Posté Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 8:29 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you telling us that the XP10's from EKS are not compatible with VDJ, but the VDJ Pro system sold on this site is?

According to EKS, there is no hardware difference between the units other than the cosmetic changes of different labeling on the buttons and the red VDJ graphic on the wheels. They told me that the VDJ Pro XP10's are simply an OEM version of their own retail package.

Why are Atomix and EKS constantly telling us different things about this hardware? Someone is being shady, but this is your forum, Atomix, so how 'bout you lay it all on the line for us and explain *exactly* what the differences are (both cosmetic, functional, internal, drivers, firmware, etc).

The post above from management could clearly be thought of as "XP10's don't work with VDJ unless you buy them from Atomix". According to EKS and many users of these forums, that is simply not true. To insinuate such is bordering on dishonesty.

Posté Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 12:06 pm
If you live in the USA and you have problems with your XP10 you are out of luck.EKS will not help you and you are stuck.VDJ doesn't have anything to do with warrantee problems.

Posté Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 12:24 pm
If, as EKS says, the VDJ version of the XP10's is a OEM product, then it would make sense that EKS would not offer support.

There's a big difference between being an authorized seller/distributor and an OEM reseller. If I buy a Dell monitor with Sony Trinitron internals, I don't call Sony when it breaks. I just wish someone would clear it all up. I can only see 3 plausible scenarios:

#1. EKS is trying to screw Atomix out of sales by stressing the OEM, brownbox, nothing new aspect of the Atomix reselling at a reduced price (minus the Bison software).
#2. Atomix is trying to screw EKS out of sales by insinuating that the VDJ Pro Version is somehow more "compatible" with VDJ.
#3. Neither company really knows what the difference is between the hardware (if there even is any).

I'll leave it to you to decide which of those is most disturbing.

Posté Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 1:06 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think EKS and Atomix have something good going on and I doubt anyone is trying to screw anyone else.

If it can help anyone choose, before I bought the VDJ XP10s back in July, I got the straight shit following an inquiry to EKS about this subject:
===
"From the software point of view at this time, there is no other software that works with the VDJ units than VDJ itself".....if you are going to be using VDJ, you will have to purchase the VDJ version of XP10 for now. Atomix commissioned us to make a VDJ version to be sold with their software and that is what we did. However as stated before, this in now way stops Atomix from allowing other software to be adapted to the VDJ XP10, nor does it stop us from licencing our standard version to other software developers. Of course the keyboards are most usefull with the software they were designed to work with, VDJ and Bison respectively. Any other software, to be comfortably used with XP10, would either have to commission its own keyboard or adapt the software commands to the text in the buttons, in effect copying the approach that VDJ or Bison have on the interface functions."
===

Read it as you will. To me, it does say that only VDJ works with the VDJ XP10s (hence there has to be a slight firmware way of identifying a VDJ unit). It doesn't say that original XP10s don't work with VDJ, but IMHO nothing ties VDJ to the original XP10. Since my main interest was controllers for VDJ, I opted for the VDJ version (and the 200 Euros saving on the pair). I know for sure that my XP10s will always work with VDJ.

As far as support is concerned for the VDJ XP10s, I never had to use it (knock on wood), but if I ever did, I would expect to pay mailing cost to/from the repair facility...

digitalmdj, be frank. when you say "EKS will not help you and you are stuck", what exactly did EKS tell you? that they won't fix your unit, or that they won't pay for the shipping fees? because there is quite a big difference there, and from my dealings with EKS I know that they stand behind their product.

Nicolas

Posté Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 4:20 pm
EKS stoped the email process and did not follow through. They wanted me to check to see if a wire did not work loose at the soldering points. The scratch wheel suddenly stops working in reverse. And nothing has worked loose . Then all of a sudden it decides to start working again.EKS was to provide me with a print to do a check on the wireing so I could check all ares for problems.Thats when they decided to stop emailing me.So as I said they are avoiding me on warentee work.As for shiping they should pay the shiping for all warentee work that is proved to be because of defective controller. They just think if they stop responding to emails or play stupid I will go away.I gave up and they have to deal with bad PR since I have no other recourse.

Posté Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 5:42 pm
I contacted EKS personally, myself, and although I don't have the email saved to cut and paste, I can paraphrase...

"There is no difference between the controllers (VDJ Pro vs XP10) other than the cosmetic differences of button labeling and the red graphic on the platter."

I emailed EKS several times to clarify, and each time they said the same thing. Somebody, obviously doesn't know what is going on (besides me). Something doesn't smell right.

Am I the only one fearful that this business relationship will end badly and all of a sudden the VDJ Pro works ONLY with VDJ, and the XP10 works with everything BUT VDJ? I'd really like an Atomix exec to spell it out in black and white so there is no argument. Again, I have to point out that the exec post above insinuates that only the VDJ Pro is compatible with VDJ and I think we all know that isn't true. Is Yan talking about future plans? Is he talking about upcoming changes to combat Trakktor's compatibility with the XP10 in the near future? Am I going to be out of luck some patch day when my XP10's are no longer compatible with VDJ? Who knows??

In regards to somebody screwing somebody else over...
I get the impression that EKS isn't exactly thrilled with the Atomix arrangement or the sales it has generated. In my communications with them, they are always quick to point out (without my prompting) that they are working with other companies to add compatibility with some of the more popular software packages, even though my questions are clearly talking about Atomix software. They probably grimace every time they ship out a VDJ Pro with its reduced price and added production expense.

I'm not saying Atomix is at fault, here. It may very well be EKS that is being deceptive, but something doesn't add up. A simple post from Atomix could fix this. I'm going to contact EKS and point them to this thread. Perhaps they will shed some light.

Posté Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 1:05 am
Both controllers work with either program. The buttons are marked differently thats all. The controllers came out a year to late and there are other options availible that are much better. I wanted the controllers for the control functions which allow me to not have to use the mouse but very little.So the scratch function is just extra.The other problem is the sound it's not up to par. It's a usb 1.1 sound card and it has alot of pops and humming coming from the units. It has a bad ground loop problem.I had to start using my Motu 828 which is supperior to most cards .And even though it's several years old you just cant beat it for high output sound.It has enough channels for expansion also. I have to say though VDJ is the best program out there and it works with just about every configuration.So finding the right combinations is hard with all the poorly made products out there.You have your work cut out for you.

Posté Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 1:34 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have been dealing with EKS for some time. When I enquire about purchasing XP10's, they generally point me in the direction of Virtual DJ. I've had no problems with EKS at all!

Posté Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 5:27 pm
EKS is a reputable company. and the EKS xp10s work with VirtualDJ 100% (I had two of them)

Posté Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 8:09 pm
Thats why you just sold both of them isn't it. You didn't have any problems. Except pops and a nasty humm. Dont say no or I will have to direct everone to your post about the problem.

Posté Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 8:13 pm
If you're really having sound issues with them, check your wiring for ground loops or power/audio running along. It's the only point that seems a bit messy in the pics of your system that you posted (which by the way is really really cool, don't get me wrong).

I've read pretty much all the XP10s posts that have ever been written here, and not once did I hear anyone complain about the sound quality.

Personally, I run my pair of XP10s through a Roland DJ-2000 mixer to JBL 4208 Studio Monitors powered by a Hafler P-1000 Trans-Ana Professional Broadcast Amplifier. All wiring is optimized, no power cable along audio cables. My MP3s are encoded by myself (LAME, 192Kbps joint-stereo) from Vinyl or CD, and all normalized at 89db using mp3gain. SOUND OF THE XP10s IS PRISTINE! at low levels, at high levels, with nothing going through, etc. not a single humm, not a single pop. Adequately high signal, I have the gains set pretty low on the mixer.

Nicolas

Posté Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 5:15 am
I have done all of that and more the sound is just not that good. Remember they had to go with usb 1.1 .This means you will have alot of latency isues. And it has no asio drivers so its just way behind everthing else.The buttons and scratch control works great when it does't fail on me.But that could be when I am at a gig.

Posté Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 11:03 am

You could always read the review from the european "DJ bible", the magazine called DJMag :
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=6434

A short "past and cut" from the article :
"THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST ACCURATE METHOD OF TOUCH SENSITIVITY; EVEN OVER PIONEER CDJ-1000" wow!!!

"...the most convenient and advanced hardware controlled solution for PC-based mp3 DJing we have ever seen.."

"... amazing value.. outstanding touch sensitive control.."

"This is not vinyl emulation, this is a step above"

value for money: 5/5
usability : 5/5
sound quailty 4,5/5
OVERALL : 5/5

Just an objective report from a 3rd party magazine, with TONS of cred in the dj community :)

Posté Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 12:05 pm

Posté Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 1:53 pm
Where in that post do you see the XP10 specifically at fault? One person having temporary problems with all USB sound cards doesn't make any USB soundcard bad for everyone.

Personally, I'm through with this anyway, you admited yourself at the beginning that your own goal is to GIVE THE XP10s A BAD PR, and now you're just bringing in the cheap shots. You didn't get it your way and the mean little european startups aren't willing to fulfill your every wishes. It doesn't mean you can blatantly lie about the product and twist the words of old posts to your cause.

I'm not gonna waste my time any more except for this last sentence to PROSPECTIVE XP10 CUSTOMERS, because after all this topic was started by one of them until you butted in:

XP10s WORK PERFECT. THEY ARE THE BEST AND MOST CUSTOMIZABLE VDJ CONTROLER. THEY ARE ALSO PRISTINE SOUND CARDS. I've had my pair for six months now and never had a problem, it just gets better every day...

Do not believe the lies and check for yourself, type "xp10" in the search box.

digitalmdj, sorry for your bad experience but cut the crap. You're openly using an Atomix forum to advise people to not buy the flagship Atomix controller and mislead them just to get your revenge.

"Money back garantee"... jeez, this is not Toys'R Us.

Nuff said.

Posté Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 3:23 pm
Because I have had the problem with my controller and I have used them with both operating system .And the problem is still there and nothing you do is going to fix the problem short of changing the sound card. and If you feel that it's a good product you wouldn't have a problem standing behind what you say.And I did not butt in we all have a right to to be here. Thats why it's a forum not to express one opinion like yours.And not see the other side.

Posté Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 5:30 pm
You're the only one here having a problem standing behind what you said. You seem to forget quick, but here is word for word what you said in another XP10 topic (topic=6334), after being brought back to reason by a bunch of people showing you that your problem lays between the chair and the computer:

"There is no latency problems. Even with two controllers and a UC33e connected. I had some sound problems but that was a windows xp issue in the sound control panel .Windows 2000 doesnt have the same options so it was new to me. Once the sound output for each controller was set one and then the other the controllers worked just fine for sound output.As for the uc33e it was just knowing which preset to use and everthing works fine.The controllers have no lag time that you can see or hear.The problem was not in VDJ but in the sound config in the control panel for windows.Just to set things straight."

So basically, one minute the xp10 sounds just fine and shows no lag at all, and the next they are as PoS that nobody should buy? Yeah, you're a very credible source of information. There is a difference between using a forum to express you opinion and using a forum to lie and misinform.

(this time I'm really through, stop with your cheap come-backs)

Posté Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 1:13 am
Well I can see you know where the problem lies between your chair and your computer. There is a difference between the controller and the sound card .They are two separate items in the same housing.If you take the controller into another program like Cubase and test the sound card feature for compatabilty you will see the latency problem.The pops are the sound card drop outs causing this problem. Since VDJ doesn't have this feature you can't tell. Are you trying to become a dealer for the XP10 is that what this is all about. Well if thats the case you have failed teribly with your anger.And If someone wants to chance buying the XP10 go ahead I will sell them mine.But I won't give them a warentee and I wont lie to them either.Because I am upfront with them from the beginning. Also I won't try to get all my money back either . I figure it is a lesson learned. I believe the time coded Vinyl is the way to go and I'm moving in that dirrection. The XP10 is nothing but a expensive toy .

Posté Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 7:35 am
49%