Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Looking for purchase XP10 in U.S - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ-in-Norway,

Any chance that Atomix will give us a full list of the exact differences in the units? If they refuse for some reason, just say so. I'll stop bringing it up.

Posté Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 12:26 pm
There is no difference except for the markings on the buttons. Thats all and nothing else except for the VDJ sticker.

Posté Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 5:51 pm
I appreciate your answer, digital. All the information I've been told by EKS matches what you are saying here, but I'd like a response from Atomix, as their info does NOT seem to match what EKS has told me.

Posté Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 11:41 am
@ Bargler

I will look into what is the difference....
I think its mostly costmetical, being that the official Virtual DJ "version" of XP10 have the correct labels on the buttons in use, and a Virtual DJ logo at the jogwheel.

The Virtual DJ "version" is also cheaper than the other version, and therefore might be restricted from being used at other apps, but I'm not really sure about this. Will ask Dev Team, or maybe Dev team can reply on this tread to clearify what is the difference

Posté Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 12:21 pm
I just installed the Bison software and the VDJ XP10 does not work with the software so the controllers are different.The sound works on one controller but not the other you have to change it in the sound configuration. So your stuck with VDJ if you buy it from VDJ . You cannot use it elseware.

Posté Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 11:35 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Strange.

Posté Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 11:42 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's what I meant in my earlier post when I said "To me, it does say that only VDJ works with the VDJ XP10s (hence there has to be a slight firmware way of identifying a VDJ unit)."

Personally, I'm fine being stuck with VDJ, it's better than being stuck with Bison :)

Posté Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 3:44 pm
EKS XP10 works with both programs though. VDJ XP10 does not work with both programs. WirelessDJ had a EKS version for sale on ebay. The same one he used for VDJ . So this is why VDJ was not being clear on compatibility.

Posté Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 7:13 pm
Can't we all get along? ;) Happy New Year Everyone!

Posté Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 10:34 pm
I received a reply from EKS regarding this problem....

>I am concerned about some of the information that is being given out
>by Atomix in regards to the differences between the boxed XP10's and
>the OEM VDJ Pro controllers you make for them. For instance...
>

Reply from EKS:
Before replying we would like to point out that this issue has been
dealt with in several e-mails and VDJ forum alike. There should be no
confusion left over it. ;-(

>Yan-X (Atomix Management Team): "Virtual DJ Compatible XP10 are only
>available from Atomix Productions Website. If you want to purchase
>some units, you will soon be able to order them online."
>

Reply from EKS:
That depends on the context of the meaning of "Virtual DJ Compatible
XP10". If by "compatible" you mean "made to order for a specific
software application" (and that is what an OEM product in this case
essentially is) then beyond any doubt that is the correct description
of the VDJ Pro player. :-)

**Edit by me**: You spin me round round, baby right round, like a politician...

>I have contacted EKS in the past and been told that the only differences are cosmetic (and lack of Bison software for the VDJ Pro). At other times, the Atomix crew has suggested, via obtuse wording, that the VDJ Pro system is "optimized" and "more compatible" with VDJ than the retail XP10.
>

Reply from EKS:
If you have been told this by us in the past you should be assured of
it now. We do not give false information to our customers. As to the
comments from Atomix, we are not in a position to second guess what they
say or might be saying to you or others. Any questions regarding
comments made by parties outside this company should be directed to
those parties. We simply cannot speak for outside parties. Surely you
understand the legalities involved here. :-)

>I'm not sure what is happening behind the scenes, but the information
>coming from both companies is in conflict. I'm a bit alarmed.
>Someone is bending the truth to aid their own company, and I can't
>tell which it is.
>

Reply from EKS:
There is nothing to be alarmed about. You buy VDJ and VDJ Pro from
Atomix and they work together as well as the software permits and as we
all know VDJ is the most praised MP3 DJ-software out there. We on the
other hand are confident that our hardware outperfoms the competition,
so you are in good hands.

>I have asked Atomix several times to please list ALL the exact
>differences between the two versions of hardware, but I have been
>ignored. Now, I bring the question to you. This email (as well as
>the quote from Atomix management above) came about from discussion on
>the Atomix message board, specifically, you can read this thread from
>the official Atomix forums http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=8904
>If you could respond directly to that thread, it would be appreciated.
> If not, I'll be bringing any valuable information I get from you to
>that forum.

Reply from EKS:
As a company rule we are not allowed to take part in any forum
discussions even under an alias, so we can only advise you as to the
facts of the matter, when it comes to our own product. If you have
doubts about Atomix or their software, you really have to take it up
with them.

> There are a lot of confused potential buyers out there
>that are, quite frankly, smelling a rat. I hope that you can rectify the
>situation.
>
>
Reply from EKS:
That is very unfortunate, but there is nothing we can do about it other
than the numerous replies we have given to the questions in this matter.
We don't see any conflict between XP10/Bison and VDJ Pro/VDJ products.
They are meant for different kind of users that's all. If someone likes
the Bison software more that any other, he will buy the full retail
package regardless of what is written in the Atomix forums, if he
prefers the VDJ approach he will buy the VDJ Pro version. And if someone
changes his mind about Bison one day, there is nothing stopping him form
buying another software to work with his XP10. Is there a better deal
than that? We don't think so. We would like to give this matter a rest
finally, thank you. -:)

Posté Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 9:44 am
I don't mean to put words into anyone's mouth, but seeing as how we are STILL playing word games, let me tell you what I *think* this all means.

VDJ Pro version of the XP10's sold on this site will ONLY work with VDJ and no other software. When EKS gets the controller working with other software packages, you are out of luck. It won't work with upcoming Traktor support or any other future programs. I guess this is the Atomix definition of VDJ "compatible". "Dedicated" would have been a more appropriate, accurate word.

Compatible:"Capable of existing or performing in harmonious, agreeable, or congenial combination with another" or "Capable of orderly, efficient integration and operation with other elements in a system with no modification or conversion required" Clearly, both units are VDJ compatible, contrary to Atomix management statements.

Dedicated: "Wholly committed to a particular course of thought or action" or "Designed for a particular use or function" Clearly the XP10 is NOT VDJ dedicated.

In other words, don't by the VDJ Pro if you want to future-proof your equipment or have a chance of reselling it to a non-VDJ user. Without VDJ software, the VDJ Pro is a paperweight.

Sorry, Atomix, but this all makes you look really bad. I swallowed the Hercules Console "full version" software fiasco, but now this? Come on, guys...you have a great product. Don't cheapen it with slimy marketing. I can't imagine how the damage to your reputation could be offset by the few VDJ Pro buyers that would have purchased the retail XP10 if they had known the true consequences. I might have believed it was an honest mistake of accidental awkward wording, but after days of letting this sit here without clearing up the issue? At this point I can only assume it is intentional.

I've recommended your software to others (4 sales, I believe) not only because of its technical aspects, but because of the impression I had of the company behind the product. I'm afraid I can no longer give that same recommendation.

Posté Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 10:30 am
That is what I was having problems with. Who will warentee this product. I have a controller which at times the scratch wheel stops working correctly and both companys ignor me.Now I love their software even with the minor bugs it's the best. I found out yesterday using the bison software that the VDJ controller does not work with it. Also going to the EKS site they have a compatibility chart that tell me the EKS version works with both VDJ and Bison software. I had this argument from the beginning when I asked why the Bison software was not included in the box. Well now it all comes out. False advertizing thats what it is. I was totaly missled by both companys. I dont think this is good for anyone. And if you dont think they dont have spies on this forun your wrong.They are the ones trying to confuse the issue at hand. The ones who want me to pay for the shipping for their poor workmanship.

Posté Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 11:14 am
I'd be careful if I were you guys. I think I've learned my lesson talking about XP10 on this forum.

Posté Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 7:12 pm
Well this morning I was reading a post on this forum that is gone now. It was about the availability of the XP10. And one person directing them to a sight that had a EKS version for sale. Then a support team member posted a reply and said the EKS version did not work correctly with VDJ.But on the EKS site they have a compatibility chart that says just the opposite . Well now that post is gone????????????????????????

Posté Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 8:42 pm
Thanks, Atomix, I think you've finally made things perfectly clear for those of us that have been following along.

Since we can't talk about it here, I can only advise everyone to contact EKS directly with your questions and concerns. Their website is www(dot)eks(dot)fi and they've been completely helpful with me, answering all my questions, usually within one day.

You still wondering why EKS doesn't want to help you with your VDJ Pro, Digitalmdj?

I'm not. :(

Posté Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 10:11 pm

Posté Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 11:13 pm
I know.

I have a pair of EKS versions right in front of me. They work just fine with VDJ as well as the Bison software they came with. I bet they'll work fine with Traktor and Midi support soon, too.

I don't know if that other deleted thread got vulgar, or what, but I'd still like to hear what it is about my EKS version XP10's that supposedly doesn't work with VDJ like the VDJ version sold here does. Until I get an answer to that, I'm going to keep responding to people's questions with the information I've received from EKS: The XP10 is compatible with Bison, VDJ, as well as working with other software in the future while the VDJ Pro Version has a firmware change to only allow it to work with VDJ.

I'm done with trying to talk anybody into clear answers. I'm just going to start backing up my VDJ before each new patch and wait for Atomix to code out the EKS version's compatibility.

I have to wonder...If I was a fresh-faced, no liscence user posting "Hey, I have XP10's and I want to upgrade from Bison to VDJ, and I'm ready to pay the $100. Will it work?"..What would Atomix say to me then? Would they tell me not to buy their software because it doesn't work with VDJ?

Posté Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 2:57 am
I have the VDJ XP 10's and they do not not work with the Bison software. It only works with VDJ something that wasn't said at time of purchase.

Posté Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 7:07 am
My best GUESS is that the eks xp10's are 'non-oem' meaning that they are not locked in any way to one specific program. It's like the DMC-1. The original Numark controller was locked to PCDJ, then when a 3rd party company (www.Gizmolabs.net) released a chip, the DMC-1 works with any program.

If you are happy with VDJ program itself, buy the controllers from Atomix and you can guarantee that they will work with VDJ. If you plan to use the xp10 controller with VDJ and other DJ programs, buy the controllers from EKS or another company who sells the non-branded xp10 (but don't expect Atomix to provide you support). that's fair?

We need to move on with with this topic. Got more important things like When is 2.07 coming out?

Posté Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 7:15 am
If they want to make things right they will update the firmware to the EKS version.

Posté Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 8:16 am
98%