Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Audigy 2 ZS Notebook vs TCV

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
has someone tried the Creative Audigy 2 ZS Notebook (PCMCIA soundcard with Asio support) with the Time Coded Vinyl?

If so, how did it go?

thanks.

Posté Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 1:28 am
have not tested, but there have been some reports about issues since the Creative cards are locked to 48hz sampling, and not 44 which is program default...

Posté Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 6:21 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Why not adding an option in VDJ to use 48kHz if you have it. I know the existing effect plugins won't work but we could force with these plugins to work in 44kHz. Just to add a new reference in sdk to say new version of plugin.... We need also to have GetParam(...) with the parameter Frequency.
I hope the dev team used a constant or a global variable for frequency....

Posté Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 7:56 am
its all "greek" to me... lol ;)

Please ask at "new features" forum, for Dev Team to see.. ;) they should know more about it ;)

Posté Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 8:21 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
buy maya 44 usb and all will be ok

Posté Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 1:19 pm
I'm looking more into PCMCIA soundcards because:
- no USB power issue
- my two usb ports are taken by my xp10s
- PCMCIA is underrated and underused IMHO, and would be the perfect bus for a soundcard

The Audigy is half the price of the echo indigo, and lets you do more. The Indigo is only getting rave reviews though.

Because as I said I already have two xp10s for vdj and I love them both as controllers and as soundcards, this PCMCIA soundcard would me mostly to rip my vinyl (laptops have only mic-in, no line-in), but then it'd also let me play around with the TCV (which I have not purchased yet).

thanks for your inputs though.

Nicolas

Posté Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 1:30 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I didn't find the "hidden" info in the global creative site, but the europian site has more info...

quote:
Playback of up to 64 audio channels, each at an arbitrary sample rate
32-bit mixing of all digital sources within Audigy 2's Digital Mixer
24-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion of analog inputs at 96 kHz sampling rate
24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of digital sources at 96 kHz to analog 7.1 speaker output
24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of stereo digital sources at 192 kHz to stereo output
16-bit to 24-bit recording sampling rates: 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 and 96 kHz, including ASIO 2.0 support at 16-bit 48 kHz and 24-bit 96 kHz resolution."

What all these "greeks" means:
NOTE:(the latest line) "ASIO 2.0 support at 16-bit 48 kHz and 24-bit 96 kHz resolution"
Same story, a typical live/audigy card (but pcmcia), emu chip inside working internal at 48k, and resample to any sample rate (SRC) "on the fly" by hardware, instead of selectable sample rate from user.
What this mean: Virtual dj/cubase/sonar etc asio will work at 48k ONLY.
Vdj will work with no probs as 5.1 card at 44k
Traktor does automating SRC (sample rate conversion) to 48k if needed -but- (to djcel) this is only a solution but not the best. It can produce sound skip, lost of sync etc.
All the pro cards have selectable sample rate by the driver.
It has only a stereo in, so one turntable...

Conclusion: yours...
If you are ok with a pci audigy then this is about the same, but for timecode, no way.

P.S. Dj in Norway ...! what is wrong with Greek.... ?
let me teach you..

Posté Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 9:53 pm
Much thanks. Looks like I might order myself and Echo Indigo IO from the states (which in Euros comes down to the same price as an Audigy 2 ZS Notebook here in France).
TCV is not the primary purpose for this card (vinyl rip is), but I don't want to rule it out either...

Posté Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 1:37 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)