Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet HardWare

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJSEVHome userMember since 2005
I need a hardware or something very special out there that could
lower the volume of a specific instrument.
In the club were I play the owner wants to do something different
he hired a guy who play drums along with the music that I be mixing live.
So, I need to lower the drum of the songs so people could hear only his drum playing.
"Could that be possible anyway?"
If so, where can I buy it?
Thank you...

Posté Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 4:51 am
You would need the original song (with all the separate tracks), and then you could put the tracks back together without the drums... I don't know of anything capable of removing drums (or any other instrument for that matter) as they are already mixed with the rest of the song (and thus makes it impossible to separate from the rest without seriously altering the rest of the song).

In other words, I don't think it's possible, sorry.

macourteau

Posté Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 3:34 am
deivyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ultra-Q Pro PEQ2200 Equalizer. would it help at all?
Its a 5-band parametric equalizer.

Posté Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 5:17 am
You can cut certain frequency bands, but you'll end up removing too much from the original song, as there are other sounds playing at near frequencies to those of the drums.

macourteau

Posté Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 12:48 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
macourteau:

Well, if you have both the whole track and only the drum part, you can invert the frequencies of one part and than mix them together. This results in removing ONLY the drum part of the track, since drum frequencies are exatctly the opposite in each part, and by adding them together inverted actually deletes "drums" from the original track.

But that of course requiers sufficient quality of both parts (equal sample rate), and of course you need to have this two parts, so this doesn't really solves DJ Sev's problem.

But it's possible ;)

Posté Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 11:29 pm
Of course I thought of that, but even then both tracks would have to be perfectly aligned (if they are as little as one sample delayed, you will double the sound instead of removing it). Also, if you have the drumline, you probably have all the other lines as well, so my technique would work better (there is no chance of doubling the drumline's amplitude)... ;)

macourteau

Posté Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 3:18 am
You can mic the drums and just eq on an external mixer...5 mics should do it
bass,snare.hi-hat cymbals,toms.
You can even let the drummer heard the song in a set of headphones
Andre

Posté Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 4:01 am
This could be done, but you would need an extremely precise EQ to cut out the drums from the song, and since these drums span over more than one frequency, it would cut more than just the drums from the song... It might work, you'd have to try it out.

macourteau

Posté Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 4:07 pm
I was searching the wed looking for an EQ that I could be able to download. But so far no luck.
I guess my last option will be buying it.
I'll be buying two 5 bands EQ. Perhaps, I get lucky doing lots of twisting & twinkling.

Thank you all.

Posté Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 6:51 am
Hey everyone, I found this graphic Equalizer Pro v. 2.2.
And I thought I should try it before I buy the EQ.
this is a real-time and off-line processing of WAV
real-time processing of every input (CD, line-in, mic synth...) of your audio board.
I think this my solve my problem. However,
The thing is that I don't know much about computer
and I was wondering if any of you guys can help me out
to follow the installation steps. you know, like, go to START
then here, etc. I 'll appreciate it so much heres are the steps.

To use this last feature you need a full duplex sound card and you have to:
(1) Select the disired input from the mixer recording panel of your sound card
(2) Turn off any monitor channel and turn on the wave output from the mixer output panel
(3) Use the connected device ( tape deck, DAT, CD player etc.) as usual
(4) Start GraEq and select "Live input" from the menu

NOTE: If any of you guys think that this will affect the performance of vdj, please let me know and I'll not proceed.

Thanks, deivy

Posté Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 8:52 pm
If you want to solve your problem with an EQ, you can use the 32-band Equaliser available as a plugin for VirtualDJ... Just load it on each deck and load your saved curve ;)

Check out the effect plugins download section to download it.

macourteau

Posté Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 10:06 pm
this is realy good
however, you think it's better than buying two 5 band parametric eq?
or it will be just the same?

Posté Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 5:22 pm
A 32-band EQ will be more precise than 2x 5-band EQ's... I also based the frequency ranges in my 32-band EQ on the frequency ranges available on professionnal hardware 32-band equalisers, so it should perform well.

macourteau

Posté Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 6:54 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)