Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Sound Dropouts

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all.
Currently using VDJ 5.2 with a Numark DJ-IO. Specs are Dell inspiron 1720 ,2ghz dual core with 4gb ram. Problem is every now and then VDJ freezes for maybe a couple of seconds then carries on. This happens maybe 2 or 3 times in a show which isnt really good with a full dancefloor. Anyone any idea what could be causing this? I have tried shutting down all non essential programs with no success. any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Posté Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 2:31 pm
JakaBacPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Since your sound interface is using USB it might be a good idea to go to device manager and check that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option is not enabled on any of them.
I had problems with sound with an M-Audio interface because of this

Posté Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 3:00 pm
Looked in device manager and power management is unchecked for all the usb ports, so guess it cant be that. thank you for your input...Appreciated

Posté Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 3:25 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What is ur setting in performances?

Try set to fastest, click auto latency, untick safe mode n tick overclock.

Hope this helps.

Also how many process are there in ur background activity?

Posté Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 3:32 pm
Will change the settings as you recommend and try it at my next show. Programs running in the background are google desktop, wireless internet connection, Dell quickstart and virginmedia pc guard (firewall, anti virus, anti spyware package) All of which I shut down before running VDJ.
Many thanks

Posté Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:13 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
terryk2000 wrote :
Will change the settings as you recommend and try it at my next show. Programs running in the background are google desktop, wireless internet connection, Dell quickstart and virginmedia pc guard (firewall, anti virus, anti spyware package) All of which I shut down before running VDJ.
Many thanks

Disable the Wireless internet connection whilst using VirtualDJ. This causes sound problems.

Un-install or disable Virginmedia PC guard, I had this on my first PC and it's one of the biggest hogs for resources ever. If you need a AV try the free version of AVG ( I think it's version 8), this does not use alot of resources compared with PC guard, and it sits quite light on you system.

Posté Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:51 pm
thanks for the input guys. finally found the solution! Downloaded DPC Latency Checker, followed the instructions, seems it was the wifi card and the SD Host controller which were causing the drop outs. so now I just disable these in device manager when doing a show and Hey Presto! NO DROP OUTS!....... SORTED!

Posté Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 3:52 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Great, glad u sorted it)

Posté Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 4:02 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)