Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Video Freezing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

billy24PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi,

I have just built a new computer spec :

MSI P35 Neo2 series motherboard
2ghz dual core processor
4gb ddr2 sdram
1tb hard drive
ATI HD 3870 graphics card 512mb
Windows vista home premium 32 bit

When playing a video it freezes for about 2 seconds when I load another video into the other deck.
I have done the normal stuff like downloading lastest chipset drivers, video drivers, sevice packs, direct x, but nothing I seem to do cures the problem.
If I untick the hardware acceleration tab the problem goes away but the video does not seem run smooth and you can't play sonic on normal songs if this tab is unticked

I have read quite alot on this on the forum but don't seem to find an answer. Does anone have a solution to this please?

I have used Ati graphics cards in the past with no problem whatsoever but this is the first time I have used this type of card.

I tried to load windows xp on the system which did cure the freezing problem but it put purple and green lines on the graphics and I believe this is due to the direct x version, it has to be version 10 on this graphics card and only vista has this.

Any help please

Billy24

Posté Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 9:23 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Has this card got backward capability, I mean is it able to use DirectX 9 aswell as 10, or does it have to be 10.

I would give DirectX 9 a go if it has.

Posté Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 9:37 am
billy24PRO InfinityMember since 2007
You can't uninstall direct x 10 cause its part of the operating system, so you can't go back to direct x 9.

Posté Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 10:23 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can install DirectX 9 on Vista fine, and in fact it's needed for some things. It will happily run alongside DX10 :)

I doubt this will fix your problem however :(

Posté Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 2:05 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
SBDJ wrote :
You can install DirectX 9 on Vista fine, and in fact it's needed for some things. It will happily run alongside DX10 :)

Yep, got it on mine Vista gig laptop and it's fine.

Posté Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 2:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
jimmy b wrote :
Yep, got it on mine Vista gig laptop and it's fine.

Snap :)

I still suffer with the video freeze on my machine though :(

Regards,

Scott

Posté Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 5:32 pm
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have a similar issue - I have the ATI 3650 card that has 512 mb dedicated. I posted on another thread today regarding the video freezing and trying to figure out what is going on.

I am running Vista myself and the computer specs are more than necessary to run VDJ. This freezing issue persists and I would like to figure out how to fix it. I am in the same boat - when you turn off acceleration - it works okay, but then you can't use any of the transitions, etc. so it's really not a fix.

I tried to go into the video card settings in Vista and you are not allowed to change the acceleration rate, it is blocked from being changed. Apparently this is coming up as an issue for people with newer computers. I think if we could just lower the rate of acceleration on the card, then we would be okay....but since we have no access to do this...well, that means we are screwed.

I wish I could figure out a way to fix this? Is the VDJ team working on something since this will be an issue with all new PC's that have the types of cards necessary to run the program....at which point it will not be an isolated problem that can be blamed on system settings. If I can't change my system setting - what do you do?

Posté Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 1:41 pm
Wow, looks like the Virtual DJ programmers have some major bug fixes to implement here...

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 2:08 pm
i have been talking in this forum for months about the video freeze issue and no fixes as of yet. I have had 3 laptops with 3 different video cards over the past year and the "video freeze on load" continues! Vista does not let you change hardware exel so a fix there is not possible

Posté Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 5:16 pm
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I got the same problem with my new Laptop Lenovo W500 , ATI Mobility Radeon HD3650 512 MB , i get the green stripes and freezing videos . but im running WIN XP

Posté Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 4:56 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So then - what is it, why hasn't this been addressed? Is it an impossible fix because you can't personally tweak your acceleration in Vista for these new cards? That in itself would be impossible - the software needs to be able to somewhat keep up with technology, right?

Anyway - it is just frustrating to own something you can't use for video on a PC. Ultimately - there is no magic computer. As I said, I came on here researching what I should buy so that things would work - made sure I purchased a computer with an ATI card....and bam, that card still has freezing issues...because of the acceleration dilemma....

Posté Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 7:28 am
nacho55Home userMember since 2008
I wonder if this issue has been resolved. I know of three DJs that have this issue. They just run the system without hardware acceleration until someone can figure out the problem. I also built a computer for one of them and they still had this issue (new computer more than meets the minimum requirements). It seems to also happen with Serato Scratch live when using the ttm 57-sl also. Since they wanted to move to serato in hopes of resolving the issue. They have since come back to Virtual DJ but run without the hardware acceleration. Any updates on this issue?

Posté Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 3:31 pm
I'm still have the same problem aswell ...

Posté Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 3:45 pm
BERTINNPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Everybody check your sound card and change it for external usb sound card interface, some of freezing problem come with sincronizing audio video, if audio no process fast video create a bug that produces this problem. my system run ok with geforce 9600 1gb duo 2.1ghz and ansio usb audio interface as numark djio, before a external sound card my system run but some time freezing and audio continues or scrach sound fail, I buy 4 video card, 2 mother board combo 1 quad core and 1 duo, and the problem continue. Thanks I buy for less that $100 external card everything is ok now. Run all day with a playlist and may efect on video and sound include with sonicate one of the must memory use in this program.

DJ MR MIX
Jose Rivera, PR

Posté Sun 09 Nov 08 @ 7:22 pm
hi im running xp pro with nivada 5950 gtx dedicated 512 card with gigaport ag soundcard but finding the green strips will only disapear when taking the axcellarater tick off any ideas

Posté Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 5:16 am
nacho55Home userMember since 2008
I recently installed Virtual DJ on my new Alienware Laptop that I loaned to my DJ friend. The Alienware Laptop had a NVIDIA 8700 GT video card with 512 MB on it, 3 GB of memory, 2.4 GB core 2 duo, 120 GB 7200 RPM hard drive and windows XP Professional. No Matter what he did. He was not able to get the video to stop the 1-2 second freeze. This one actually would freeze even with the Hardware acceleration off. He adjusted the hardware acceleration from windows on the operating system side and he found the sound card hardware acceleration also. He told me that he adjusted the settings on both sides and still had issues. He had to switch to DVD and play CDs because he did not bring his regular computer. This is really getting annoying. I hope someone finds the answer soon.....

Posté Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 4:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)