Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet RMX Sound quality

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Last Friday, after issues with my time code set up I decided to do a test. Since I couldn't adjust the pitch on my CDJ 1000's without serious distortion, I found I could still adjust the pitch on the rmx without this problem. So, I decided to replace my mixer with the rmx. When I needed to play a CD and switched to the source on the rmx, the sound quality was horrible! I knew it wouldn't be on the same level with my DJM 600, but it was really bad. The low's were very distorted. Any thoughts on set up that could fix this, or is it just the way it is?

Posté Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 11:53 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi hitower,

Try at the herc sound panel n reduced its peak to 1/2 or 3/4 not full. Also do have the recent driver for the herc and lastly checked whether the rca input from the cdj is put on line in (on mk2 u can select phono or line in). Hope this helps:)

Posté Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 5:06 am
I'll try lowering the peak in the Herc control panel. I did check the connections and downloaded the current drivers. Thanks for the help Spinna.

Posté Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 10:11 pm
So it is sorted?

Posté Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 11:56 pm
Haven't had the chance to test it yet... Been ripping DVD's all day. At the latest, I'll be able to test it again Friday night.

Posté Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 11:13 pm
Spinna... took your advice and lowered the peak volume in the RMX control panel, and when selecting the RMX as a source to play a CD, it still sounded terrible. Any other thoughts?

Posté Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 12:22 am
Hmm.. sorry to know it didn't work out for u :(

I try to do some test with my mk2 (even tho not a rmx but they d share similar characteristics) and will let u koe.;)

Posté Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 4:14 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's strange me being in here, just hit the wrong forum, d'oh.

HiTower there's two little black switches at the back of the unit near the inputs, underneath the earthing pegs, that say inline/phono. Have you tried switching them to either Inline or phono (can't remeber what te default setting is for them).

Worth a try mate.

Posté Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 7:05 pm
Thanks Jimmy... I did check that, too. I have them set to line. I'll try swapping the rca cables from the CDJ's next time I run it. Hopefully that's it.

By the way, nice avatar Jimmy!

Posté Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 11:09 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
HiTower wrote :
Thanks Jimmy... I did check that, too. I have them set to line.

oh way worth a try

HiTower wrote :
By the way, nice avatar Jimmy!

Cheer's mate, they are nice ain't they, could watch them for hours. lol

Posté Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 12:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)