Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Windows vs Mac

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi guys, last week the windows side of my computer took a crap when i tried to open VDJ... No matter what i did, Cue/VDJ would start twice!!!... I would try to close 1 and the other would get the smiley face saying that it had a serious error and all would be fine if i re-started CUE... So i would hit ok, and everything would freeze and i would have to hard start my computer holding down the power button... After about 45 min of this, and out of desperation i re-started my 17" Macbook Pro on the mac side and tried Cue 5.2.1 for Mac...

It played perfect the entire night, and the picture was better too!!!

So here i am all excited at the thought i might be able to get rid of Windows all together until last night when i started up... When i plugged my DJIO in a message flashed up that i had never seen before that i needed to re-start my computer holding down the power button... This happened twice... So i tried re-installing the driver, i was able to get started up but no sound would come out as soon as i selected DJIO in the audio set up...

Today i downloaded the other driver that Numark recommends using when the first driver doesn't work... To my surprise it did the trick and everything worked great... after playing for about 20 min, all seemed fine until i loaded a video and activated the 2nd monitor... At that point everything stopped and i had to re-start Cue again... I tried to re-start Cue, but then got the re-start mac using the power button again...

This really pisses me off because i too have been waiting a long time for the Mac side to catch up... I dont care that the Mac side doesnt have some of the skins, bells and whistles that the PC side has, i just want it to be stable and run!!!

The problem seems to be the driver for DJIO, maybe its in fact Cue/VDJ thats causing the problem... Can anyone shed some light on this for me, and maybe suggest a better external sound card i should get???

Thank you for taking time to read all this, i know its a bit longer then most of the posts that are on here...

Best regards,
Chris Racine
Provincetown MA

Posté Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 3:23 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, can u reset ur cue to factory setting n delete the preferences file.

Regards;)

Posté Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 4:19 pm
Im not sure, i will give it a shot and let you know... Last night i didnt screw around, i started Cue 5.1.2 on the PC side and it worked great except for every now and then while Cueing my next video, the auto cross fade would start to change to the next video... It only does this when im using the jog wheel on ICDX. I guess thats for the PC forum... :-)

Posté Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 10:56 am
Out of 107 people who viewed this, I am the only person who has had this problem?

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 6:25 pm
looks like what you had on the mac side was a 'kernal panic' there are ways to look into what caused the crash but i cant give all the technical info here. do a google search. But for the most part that is usally a sign of a hardware issue maybe a bad memory chip

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 10:02 pm
I actually got it working last night, again everything worked and sounded great while playing music, and it was even working playing video... This time, once i activated the 2nd monitor for video output it wouldnt work anymore...

I guess i will have to stick with bootcamp and windows...

Posté Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 4:02 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What format is ur video ptownDJ?

Posté Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 4:09 pm
I use Mpeg2 Vob, Avi, and Mp4... sometimes WMV files but only when i don't have anything better... When i run the PC version in Boot camp everything is ok, but i have to use an external video card because Boot camp doesn't support extended desk top mode using my Chipset...

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71c5
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-086
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.086
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Depth: 32-bit Color
Built-In: Yes
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Display Connector:

Posté Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 7:55 pm
I guess im not going to get any help from this posting, but here is an update anyway... Ive been able to get VDJ running on the mac, but even on the slowest of setting i can not get video to run very well... I guess im stuck with Windows running thru Bootcamp another year... Oh well, there are worse things in the world, i could be playing from 2 close and play Dvd players like another dj that i know... :-)

Posté Sun 12 Oct 08 @ 9:14 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Unfortunately, I don't really have much useful info to add... Just the fact that all the VDJ/Cue users I know with the DJIO have had major issues in the past couple weeks. It could be the IO. Have you had a chance to test it with a different sound card? I use the RMX, the N.I. Audio 8, and M-Audio Fast Track Pro (the Audio 8 has the best quality). I've never had issues like you with these sound cards. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Just didn't want you to feel lonely :-)

Posté Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 5:08 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I agree that it sounds like a problem with the DJ I/O, most likely the driver. Have you tried other cards or just the built-in audio to confirm?

Posté Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 2:54 pm
did you try using it without the driver? my fast track usb works better letting my mac run it and getting rid of the driver all together

Posté Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 3:51 pm
I've got Cue, a DJiO, and two iCDX's running with my MBP...no issues with audio. I'm not a video guy so I can only suggest things that have helped me achieve stable music.

Try updating the firmware on your iCDX.

Make sure you have latency in Cue set to auto. Also, before each performance and before starting Cue, connect your DJiO first. Then, go into System Preferences and make sure that your mac has recognized the DJiO, and that you've selected it for output. Then, restart your computer and then go into Cue.

Make sure you're using the right USB port for your DJiO...search the mac forum.

Make sure your apple software is up to date. Also, is there an alternative or updated version of your video driver?

See if any of this helps.

J

Posté Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 5:14 pm
Thanks for all the advice everyone...

The DJIO will run fine as long as video engine is not activated... as a matter of fact, even the sound quality seems to be better on the mac side then when running on the Windows side of my MBpro. Maybe its my imagination i dont know...

Last week i picked up a Fast track Pro, and i could not even get past the click me button in the driver install window when i tried to install it on the mac side... I did get it installed on the windows side and all i could get was a metallic sound no matter what settings i used... I gave up and sent it back because this isnt the first time ive tried to install an M-audio driver... I was given an M-Box a few months ago and i cant install that either, i tried both Mac and PC versions... All my software is up to date and most current including the drivers, i even tried using older ones...

Here is a question, why can my MBpro play TV shows, music videos and movies; it can edit all sorts of video codecs without breaking a sweat; I can take one of those video edits, play it in quick time, I Tunes, Final Cut, and MPeg Stream Clip all without any problems at all... But when I drag that same clip into VDJ all hell breaks loose??? Ok maybe im being a bit dramatic, but it doesnt feel that way when im trying to work...

A friend of mine is telling me that Traktor is coming out with video soon and that when it does its going to blow the rest out of the water... Ive never been crazy about Traktor, i am very happy with the look and feel of VDJ, but i am tired of running Windows to do it...

I am going to try the Audio 8 next, i will keep you posted... thanks for reading my rant.

Best regards to all,
Chris.

Posté Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 7:25 am
reinstall all programs)cue djio,

Posté Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 10:14 am
I did this last week, does anyone know if there are any new updates to Cue coming out, or that have come out in the last week or so that i might have missed???

I have a big party coming up this weekend, its working on the PC side well enough to use to i dont want to mess that up... but i might as well give reinstalling another try after the weekend... I can always restore windows if i have to...

BTW, anyone having trouble with Service Pack III ??? I havnt let windows do an update in about 2 months because when i do, Cue starts the freeze after about 30 sec of play for each track...

Posté Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 4:22 pm
I don't want to change the topic, only to inform tha using the Virtual Vinyl Numark card the mac in bootcamp is rock solid with the exception that the svideo/composite adapter doesn't work, but with VGA adapter is super solid, no one crash ever.

Posté Thu 23 Oct 08 @ 3:34 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
PTown... I don't use bootcamp, but a buddy of mine that has a windows machine installed service pack 3. After he installed it, he had MAJOR issues with Cue. All kinds of crashes. He said Numark told him not to install service pack 3. I have no experience with it, just passing the info on...

As for the Audio 8, I own that and it's a great sound card. Good luck.

I read an article today about the new Traktor software, and it didn't mention anything about video. Doesn't mean it won't be there, but the aritcle didn't mention it. Here's the article http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/native-instruments-announce-traktor-pro-and-traktor-scratch-pro/
I just skimmed through it, so I could've missed the part about video.

Posté Thu 23 Oct 08 @ 9:58 pm
Ok check it out everybody!!!

Last night i played the first of 2 Halloween partys we have going on here in Provincetown, and i played on the MAC SIDE!!!! Yes, im a geek for getting so excited about this but i have not been able to do this since i purchased my MBpro almost 2 years ago...

Last week i purchased a Dual Head To Go by Matrox, and was very disapointed (but not surprised) that i could not get Windows to support it using Bootcamp... For kicks i restarted in Mac OS and low and behold, it worked and it looked fantastic!!! This urged me to search even harder for a solution to getting Cue to Run on the Mac side... After reading the boards i decided the problem has to be with the DJIO, so i asked a friend if i could borrow his Firebox by Presonus... I plugged it in, Cue/VDJ recognized it, I was ready to try it out... My friend was surprised that i was able to set it up so easy... He tells me in Traktor he has to use another driver to get all the channels set...

Anyway, for a test i loaded about 4 hours of videos for Autoplay on Tuesday and Wednesday night while running with the "Dual head to go" while we decorated for the holiday... It ran the entire time perfectly!

Last night i played using the "Dual Head To" go with Clip bank running and various music videos... The only problem i had was occasionally the play head would slip forward of my cue point... Its a small price to pay to have dual video screens side by side creating a picture 25 feet wide...

So there you have it... The DJIO by Numark SUCKS when using a Mac running Leapard... Its worked great running Windows XP in Bootcamp for 2 years, but hopefully that is over for me...

Having a great Halloween weekend here, best regards to you all...

Chris Racine
Provincetown MA

Posté Sat 01 Nov 08 @ 1:03 pm
My Halloween weekend part 2

Last night i became a little less excited about being on the Mac side of Cue/Vdj... Only because i never knew if my tracks were going to start at the cue point or not... Remember the old days before Dennon invented the true quick start cd player??? Well thats what if felt like playing last night, it was getting so bad that i switched to cd's for a while and wouldnt you know it, a cd locked up!!! Aaaaahhhhh!

The controllers i am using are the ICDX by Numark, and VCI100 by Vestax... For deck control i mostly use the ICDX, the buttons are rubber, its also a cd player so it feels like a cd player, and most important, the longer pitch control... The Vestax is use mainly for the Video cross fades, looping, and effects... Lastnight i did not play any video's so i was pretty much on the ICDX all night...

Has anyone else had this problem using ICDX?

Best regards to you all, dont forget to set your clocks back!!! :-)

chris.

Posté Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 10:14 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)