Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Strange Left Deck Behavior

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

chise1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi guys,

I'm having issues with the left deck playing exactly at the beginning of the song or at a cue point. When I press play on the deck (either via TotalControl or with a mouse and keyboard), sometimes it starts playing 1/8 to a 1/4 beat before where I cue it up to play. It does not happen 100% of the time and seems to be random -- sometimes it will start exactly where I'd like it to and sometimes it won't...

For example, I can have cue 1 set on a part of a song where there's a bass drum. I will press play on VDJ and the song will start before the bass drum. It's just extremely frustrating because it's almost impossible to mix smoothly. Sometimes, it even tries to beatmatch with the other deck, but I can assure you that beatlock is off... Should I just reinstall VDJ, or is there some sort of fix?

Thanks very much!

Posté Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 12:57 am
Ok, I tried reinstalling and it didn't help solve the problem. Any ideas?

Posté Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 7:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This sounds like the smart_play feature that is ON.

This is a setting that can be turned on/off using a keyboard shortcut.

Look in the Keyboard shortcuts tab of the Config.

Posté Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 8:07 pm
That's interesting, I noticed a similar thing the other week. I'll check my keyboard shortcuts.

Strangely, I haven't noticed it since I lowered my sound quality settings and then also lowered the lacenty setting on my maya 44usb. It could be just coincidence.

Posté Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 4:46 am
Hmm, I didn't have a keyboard shortcut for Smart_Play before, but after I made one and tried various combinations of pressing the shortcut with selecting either deck as active, the problem still exists.

Posté Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 10:41 am
Anyone?

Posté Sun 12 Oct 08 @ 11:25 am
Like I said in my post, i think my problem went away when I changed the scratch sound from advanced to the simple algorithm. I'd have a play with your sound quality settings, see if that makes any difference. If it is that, then you could report it as a bug in the program or something.

Posté Sun 12 Oct 08 @ 6:29 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)