Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet RMX Stops MIDI Signal Randomly

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey Everyone,

I've had an RMX for about 2 months now, and continue to have the same irritating problem...
The RMX randomly 'freezes' or 'stops' MIDI signal at random intervals of usage. However, the sound still flawlessly plays, and I can continue to use VDJ via mouse/keyboard as backup. I am currently running in ASIO, however I have tried it in WDM as well. It seems that the RMX would freeze more frequently in WDM mode, but even in ASIO mode i'm having the same troubles, just not as often. Sometimes it will play flawlessly for hours, sometimes it will only play a couple songs before it freezes.

I'm currently running v5.2, on an HP notebook w/Core2 Duo processor. When I run the RMX on my home desktop, which is only a Pentium 4 900mhz processor with XP I have NOT had the RMX ever freeze up on me.

Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? I do have the updated drivers from ts.hercules.com, and Vista Device Manager shows them as working properly, even after a freeze.

Any help soon would be greatly appreciated, I have my first live gig on Friday night!!!
Thanks in advance...

Posté Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 10:25 pm
Hello FortMacDJ,

Check if you didn't allow Windows to turn off USB devices to save power. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
2. In System Properties, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
3. In Device Manager, double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
4. Right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
5. In USB Root Hub Properties, click the Power Management tab, and then click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each instance of USB Root Hub that is listed in Device Manager.

Posté Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 10:35 am
I have gotten this problem with my TOTAL CONTROL and it freezes and i have not moved any set ups in my computer..its the same set up since a month ago and my TOTAL CONTROL was working fine..

Posté Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 10:39 am
Hello Made in Breizh,

Thanks for the post but unfortunately I already have tried that from previous posts read, and the 'auto-power-off' to usb was always not-selected.

My roommate, who is not a DJ or familiar with DJ equipment, but is quite familiar with computers, says that there is a possibility that because the RMX is drawing so much power through the USB, it might be overheating and shutting down. He says this would likely be fixed with an externally-powered USB hub. I am going to pick one up today to try this, but It doesnt make sence that overheating on the USB would be the cause. This is because when the RMX stops sending MIDI, the sound still processes through the RMX. It would require power for that still, so the USB hub must still be active.

Basically, to simplify the problem, the computer can talk to the RMX, but the RMX can not talk to the computer. I will try an external powered USB hub, but I don't think that's the problem...any more ideas anyone???

Posté Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 10:46 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It could be a fault with the USB connection on the RMX.

I had the exact same problem with my old mk2, it would freeze as you have described FortMacDJ or the audio would just cut off, and I would have to unplug/plug the console back in, to get it to work again. I had to send it off to Hercules to test and it was found to be a dodgy USB connection within the workings of the mk2.

I was sent a replacement one.

Posté Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 11:20 am
Hello FortMacDJ,

1) You write "the sound still flawlessly plays, and I can continue to use VDJ via mouse/keyboard as backup.", do you play this sound on the Rmx or on another sound card?
2) Do the LEDs on the the Rmx switch off when you get this freezing issue?
3) Does the view meter of the CPU activity on top of VirtualDJ skin show a high activity?

Posté Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 11:59 am
1) I use the RMX as my soundcard. Music continues to play without any distortion or skipping through the speakers and the headphones after the RMX stops sending midi
2) Sometimes all the lights go out, sometimes they stay on. It is completely random...
3) I have never seen the CPU usage meter spike past 1/3 usage

Posté Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 12:26 pm
I tried using an externally-powered USB hub last night running only the RMX, and it still failed on me. So that rules-out that possibility. As well, I tried using a different USB wire (one of my friends' from his MK2), and still had the problem.

Unless anyone has any last ideas, I'm going to call Hercules TS and probably end up sending the unit badk. I think it might be a possible internal problem with the RMX.

Thanks for the ideas and help everyone!

Posté Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 1:46 pm
FortMacDJ,

1) Have you tested with another software (as Traktor)?
If the software issue is related to software or driver, it would not help to send back the unit.

2) Depending on what you were doing before the MIDI crash, do you think it may be the result of an electro-static discharge?
If you mix with shoes which make you send electrostatic discharges to what you touch, or if you were on a wool carpet, you know it.

Posté Sat 08 Nov 08 @ 11:01 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Mine is doing the same thing since its been cold outside and I have rthe heater on in my house. I've caught some static discharges from my fingers when touching the unit. Think I need to setup a humidifier. Doesnt happen at the club.

-David

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 11:36 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)