Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet styluses

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

karqHome userMember since 2008
Is my stylus dead or something? Everytime when I start to spin one, one of my record plays disorted sound for some minutes and then works quite fine. The deck is playing with normal speed, but virtual dj shows that it plays slowly. Is my stylus dead or something? My styluses are more then 3 years old :D and I have only used them at home.

Posté Sun 09 Nov 08 @ 11:47 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What vdj version r u using? N catridges model?

Posté Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 12:39 am
virtual dj 5.1 and stanton 500 or something like that, those what came with my stanton t.60's

Posté Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 11:06 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 4:38 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
karq wrote :
and stanton 500 or something like that,

Stanton 500 are good basic stylus, but are not design really for timecoded vinyl, they've been around for well over 10 years or so, since before timecodes.

I use Stanton Discmaster's v3, very good stylus.

Posté Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 4:55 pm
What would be better
Ortofon - OM Pro S
or
Stanton - 400.V3

???

Posté Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 9:33 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
karq wrote :

Ortofon - OM Pro S

I would say this one.

I haven't used either ones, but the stantons ones are really aimed at beginners.

Posté Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 11:21 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can do searches on this forum for cartridges, the debate has been well documented here. I used 500's for quite a while and they worked totally fine. I switched to Shure M44-7 and to be honest there wasn't much of a noticeable difference between the two. I would try the demo version as suggested and see how they work. You should also check what type of timecode signal you are getting on the troubled deck. You can always switch the cartridges and see how it works to try and locate your issue.

Posté Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 9:11 am
I always recommend Ortofon concorde pro. I've used them for 3 years (not always the same -of course) and never really had problems with them.

Posté Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 10:19 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)