Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet First Gig - Problem

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help I am a bit frustrated.

I took my brand new Mac Book Pro, new model late 2008 out for its first gig last night.

About 2.5 hours into the gig the right deck stopped playing. left deck was still playing but every song I loaded into the right deck would not play. ie it would move about 2 sec but no sound would come out

I hit play on a CD and restarted VDJ but now the right and left deck would not play any longer.

I had my back up laptop with me so I unplugged the sound card and went into the back up so I could continue. I finished the night fine using the back up PC but I am really worried that this has happened.

I have spent the day trying to recreate the problem but I cannot.

I reran the playlist in automix and tried to run the Mac as hard as I could.

This was an audio only gig.

It seems virtual dj lost connection to the sound card.

Has anyone had an issue like the before on the Mac version.

My system Spec:

OSX Leopard 10.5.5

Virtual DJ 5.2.1

All music is stored on the internal drive.

Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated.

Posté Sun 09 Nov 08 @ 2:27 pm
A couple of other things that I forgot to mention,

I was using a DAC 3 and Audio 8 DJ soundcard

Posté Sun 09 Nov 08 @ 2:28 pm
I have had the Mac Book Pro now running in automix for over 12 hours and I cannot seem to recreate the situation.

Has anyone any ideas why VDJ might have lost connection the the soundcard?

Posté Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 2:34 am
loose USB cable, perhaps?

if you switched to your PC, you unplugged your soundcard from your mac

maybe plugging it back in firmly to test your automix fixed it

its hard to diagnose problems that do not reoccur

Posté Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 9:09 am
I agree but I had no choice in the middle of a gig.

It has not re-occcured now in the last few days of testing.

Although vdj did crash once on me while I left it in atomix over the past few days

Posté Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 10:15 am
Hi All,

I think I have found the cause of VDJ losing connection to the soundcard. Apparantly the new Mac Book Pros can only deliver pwer to one USB port at a time. Users are reporting their external devices are losing connections too.

In my set up I was using a Audio 8 DJ soundcard and a DAC 3, so it was obviously too much for the ports.

Personally I think this is a bit of a limitiation on the new Mac Books Pros.

Here is an article from the Apple site:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1761102&tstart=15

I have since been testing my Denon HC 4500 for over three days now of contnuous use and it has not even given a hi-cup.

Hope this helps other users

Posté Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 2:25 am
Hi All,

Well unfortunately the Saga continues regarding my move to Mac using Virtual DJ.

I was doing my second gig with the Mac Version of VDJ and the same thing happened again. About 2 hours into the gig the left channel would no longer play. I hit play on the deck; it moved a few seconds and then stopped.

Really frustrating when you are DJing to around 2500 people.

I changed my set-up this time based on the experiences last week. I used my Denon HC4500 as a controller and my Audio 8 Dj as a soundcard.

The Denon unit has a small power consumption so I thought I would be fine.

One thing that occurred to me after it happened is maybe if I added my ground loop isolators it might help. The DJ box in the club is dodgy enough when it comes to correct earthing so I rebooted and added them to the set-up. Thankfully the problem did not re-occur during the gig.

I did have one other issue, as I was browsing the catalogue the system showed the umbrella timer and would not go away I had to do a hard re-start to get everything back up and running.

My use of VDJ on Mac has not been a smooth transition by any means and I am aware of the limited responses to my posts on the forum.

Honestly I am feeling a little frustrated

Posté Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 6:50 am
Hi,

I had somewhat of the same issue with my macbook, I have the audio 8 sound card, and the ddm4000 mixer, when i hooked another hard drive or something else, the power drain was too much on the laptop, so what i did was to add a powered USB hub, have you tried something like this? i know it is a pain to carry more stuff to a gig, but usually those 4 port usb hubs are small.

just hope you can fix the problem.

Mindtwister

Posté Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 10:46 am
Hey VOG

i have the same issue using a dac-3 and a cm200 Usb. I have experienced the same issues with one deck just refusing to play. I have had it happen on various occasions. But when i hook up and use my denons dn-s1200's i do not experience this issue. Also just to throw in there i also use a usb hub with my equipment. Like Yourself VOG i only do audio. Seems to me there are still some issues with the dac-3 support.

I know this seems like a drastic solution, but i have just gone and stuck with vdj on windows using bootcamp, The mac version is alright, but it still has many issue that need to be worked out. So until the mac version cacthes up. I am using the windows version which has always been rock solid.

Posté Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 2:35 pm
Success Success Success,

Finally I had a successful gig with VDJ on my new Mac.

Last night was a big event club was at capacity due to a rugby match and I was in at 8-3:30

So 7.5 hours of Djng.

I used VDJ for 6.5 hours of continuos djing and it worked perfectly no hi-cups or anything.

This time I used my Denon HC4500 as a soundcard and controller and Im a happy camper now.

It has not been an easy transition but I am glad I got there in the end

Posté Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 11:00 am
Hey all,

Something I noticed at a gig last night.

There seems to be an issue occurring that could be linked to problems I am having.

Using my Denon last night the left deck refuses to play, I thought a crap here we go again right in the middle of the gig.

But what i noticed was the scratch blue light was lit so once I moved the scratch wheel and hit cue then the deck began to play.

I wonder if there is a little bug sticking the player in scratch mode

Posté Sat 29 Nov 08 @ 12:23 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)