Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 73

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I have the Numark N4 and am running VirtualDJ LE. Everything works (that I've tried so far), except for the Cue function. When I have the headphones plugged into the Numark N4 front headphone socket and I press the Cue button on the deck I want to cue, there is no audio through the headphones.

At the top of the Numark it has the knob to vary the headphone output from Master to Cue and it works fine on Master (of course), but when turned fully to Cue, I cannot hear the Cued track playing. So this rules out the headphones being an issue/not working....

Anyone else having this problem?

Posté Tue 15 May 12 @ 9:27 am
pochitodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007

Posté Tue 15 May 12 @ 10:49 am
My problem is this, whenever you move the crossfader to the right pitch I also speeds up the volume right down and left me a little that crossfade also have to spend more than half to move and when is coming to the other side will move very fast almost at once

Posté Tue 15 May 12 @ 6:40 pm
pochitodj wrote :
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/154404/Italian_Forum/Numark_-_N4_(Topic_generale).html?search=numark+n4&page=3

You must configure the sound in this way, and beat the cue button, and you will hear that channel, and adjust the knob if you hear the cue or the master, or even if you place the mix in the center.
With the knob near you adjust the headphone volume
regards
Pochodj

Hi Pochodj - I can't read italian in the referenced post you sent? so I am not sure what needs to be done? I have ensured my configuration is the same as the screenshots, but it still doesn't work. When the Cue button is pressed on the playing track, there is no audio in my headphones.

Posté Wed 16 May 12 @ 6:50 am
pochitodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
Hello
The problem is strange because with the configuration of the screenshots should function normally, this will be defective??
I do not speak English is very basic, but translators helped me;-)

Posté Wed 16 May 12 @ 2:13 pm
Hi I'm fairly new with the virtual and connecting it to a dual cd player what could i use a interfaze is the dj io good for that or the maya box ,or do i need the wire hook up like serato ,

Posté Fri 18 May 12 @ 8:02 pm

Posté Sat 19 May 12 @ 12:36 pm
Hi guys first post on the forums,

I got my Numark N4 about 2 months ago and its been pretty cool so I decided to try out the timecode features with my free PRO trial on VDJ. I have tried everything I could think of a few times now and can't seem to get it right. I just wanted to use a single timecode for now just to see how it works and keep everything simple.

Right now I am just getting timecode noise and thats it. At one point last week I was able to get some control over the actual song but it was still making noise and the song sounded horrible. Scratching was impossible because no matter if I scratched forward or backward the record would just keep advancing forward. Anyways if anyone knows how my settings and switches should look, please help or I might just give up and never buy the PRO version...

I am using a :

Mac Mini with 10.6.8 system , 8 GB RAM, 2.66 Ghz processor
Stanton - STR8 - 30 Turntable
Rane - CV02 Control Record

Got it plugged into input 4 and changed the source switch in front of course. I would of thought I need to also switch the back right switch to "Timecode" rather than "USB in REC" but I I'm not so sure anymore... I set my input to "single timecode", selected my vinyl which was already on the top of the list and have it just set to single output.(although I have tried them all) Do I need to do an advanced setup or what? Also of course I have the N4 selected as my sound card. I have just the plain skin with 2 decks up now rather than the 4 to try to keep it simple again... I have tried all the debugging I could with no idea whats wrong. When the record is stopped it just sounds like a ticking bomb.

If anyone understands what is wrong or can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks. I can send a screen capture if that helps but I just get a big ball of static flashing around.

Posté Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 8:49 pm
i just reformated my computer and i re installed my drivers and it cant see it

Posté Fri 08 Jun 12 @ 12:53 pm
* I use the NS7FX and i just re-formated my laptop and re-instaled all my drivers etc. and its still having a problem seeing it. can some one help me out?

Posté Fri 08 Jun 12 @ 12:56 pm
hi i have bought the following two days ago:
numark DNX400 (x2)
numark M2 mixer.

my question is how can i connect the 3 into Virtual DJ?
thanks! :)

Posté Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 8:05 am

Posté Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 12:16 pm
Got VDJ Pro and some V7s... Was running great for about an hour than started running into some issues.. First after loading a song on deck B deck A turned the pitch all the way down.. Auto pitch is not on and I didn't accidentally hit pitch... Then later on I didn't even have my hands on anything and FX turned on by themselves... I've read some on the song stopping and restarting but not this stuff that's happening here? Any thoughts??? This is a fresh VDJ install on a Dell D630 2.5 dual core with 4 gigs of ram.. Both instances happened on different V7s not the same deck.....

Posté Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 6:01 pm
Just letting everyone know that if you have an NS6 and it needs to be repaired, you are potentially looking at a TWO MONTH wait for it to be returned to you.

The parts for the NS6 are not scheduled to even arrive in the US until July 9th. Then, they have to repair the backlog of units that need fixed.

Also, there are NO replacement NS6 units at Numark so they will hold your unit for repair only.

Buyer Beware!

Posté Mon 11 Jun 12 @ 10:09 am
1vjdeePRO InfinityMember since 2012
having issues with the sound quality & control with my ns6, so i want to try to use my old virtual vinyl soundcard & then go line in to my ns6.
Problem i'm having is that i can't seem to install the drivers for the virtual vinyl box.
I'm using win7 64bit laptop, it says the drivers are "Not digitally signed" & so i can't select it in vdj ! Any idea's ?

Posté Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 1:30 pm
This is because the Numark VirtualVinyl 64-bit drivers are beta (64-bit operating systems were not very common when this sound card was designed.)

You will need to disable driver signature enforcement in Windows to be able to install them (Search Google for disable driver signature enforcement for instructions on how to disable.)

Posté Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 2:20 pm
1vjdeePRO InfinityMember since 2012
thanks for the quick responce i'll try that later !
also is it possible to use the ns6 line controls (bass mid high level) instead of the internal vdj ?
I'm experiencing a big drop in sound quality (it sounds like everything i play has a very low bit rate) & louder compared to the sound card in the djm 2000. It's really noticable when i play thru a big souns system
All my new tracks are promo only ripped in handbrake with the serato presets, audio settings are "acc (faac) Dobly pro logic 11 sample rate 48 bit rate 160 "
My old setup was handy as with the audio level already set in vdj i could make minor adjustments to tracks with low intro's...
with the ns6 sometimes if i max out the line gain i have to up the master which affects my mic level

Posté Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 2:49 pm
Not having a problem just have a question, I s there a way to calibrate My IDJ3 controller to gain more control? maybe im saying it wrong, How can I make the platters more sensitive for more precise scratching?

Posté Wed 20 Jun 12 @ 2:19 pm
I have a Numark mixdeck express and the cross fader isn't interfacing with virtual dj. I get sound only on one side of the Numark crossfader -which is the left side of the crossfader. I must manually operate the VDJ crossfader from with the PC.

Posté Wed 04 Jul 12 @ 1:05 pm
johnd9350 wrote :
I have a Numark mixdeck express and the cross fader isn't interfacing with virtual dj. I get sound only on one side of the Numark crossfader -which is the left side of the crossfader. I must manually operate the VDJ crossfader from with the PC.

That's because you don't have your settings right. Try this,
Inputs= none
Output= external mixer (2Channel)
Soundcard =Numark

Posté Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 9:12 am
88%