Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet American Audio VMS4 bundled with Virtual DJ 6 LE - Good Work Guys!!!!! - Page: 4

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

i had to double check if it was the same person who was arguing with me earlier, cuz this response was well explained.

thank you SBDJ, i am debating between vdj/vms combo vs. the serato/68 combo for my 4 deck setup. hence my question about running 4 decks through the software.

could you tell me what "MI" stands for in VDJ MI? thanks.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 6:42 pm
MI = Multi Instance

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 6:53 pm
thanks! where can i find the MI feature, under setup?

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 6:55 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
farhanashraf wrote :
thanks! where can i find the MI feature, under setup?

MI is not for the faint of heart!

You will need VDJ Pro, a specific MI skin and two different sound cards (or Steinberg ASIO server and some tweaks). Even then there are limitations.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 7:28 pm
gotcha, thank you for your help man. its hard to find ppl like u these days.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 7:35 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There are plenty of helpful people right here on this forum, some of them have even posted on this thread ;)

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 7:38 pm
To run the 4 decks, you have to use traktor

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 8:42 pm
djrxmxPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Love the jog wheels - they look like mini 1200 platters.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:23 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So the only option to use VMS4 and 2 XP10s is to have 2 laptops, one fore VMS4 and one for 2 XP10s, where XP10s are connected to 2 analogue channels? How to combine 2 video sources from 2 laptops then?

Posté Fri 28 May 10 @ 12:19 am
the vms has been made for the mp3 market (4 decks with traktor) as it look all other products are just 2 decks mayed with video or without whitch vms4 is a 4channel midilog digital work station (for work with mp3) . all video still comes out of your laptops not the work station.
but with all the dj show all around us coming up questions will be asked and most pob be posted .

jaakko wrote :
So the only option to use VMS4 and 2 XP10s is to have 2 laptops, one fore VMS4 and one for 2 XP10s, where XP10s are connected to 2 analogue channels? How to combine 2 video sources from 2 laptops then?

as for running 2 laptops with vms4 with video and the other in 2 analogue channels as mp3 and on the first laptop sign a button or slider for clipbank or sonique.

Posté Fri 28 May 10 @ 2:41 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not sure where you are getting your information ... but the VMS4 is not just for just the MP3 market.

The unit simply provides 4 Audio channels that can be used by an audio software application. It does not require the software to provide 4 decks in order to operate.

@jaakko - if you want to use all 4 channels with 2 laptops then Yes, you can connect 1 laptop direct to the VMS4 and the second laptop would use an alternative sound source connected to the open channels on the VMS4. And, those channels would run in their Analog mode. For the 2 video feeds you would then need an external video mixer to transition between the 2 feeds.

Posté Fri 28 May 10 @ 7:34 am
Maybe I'm just a simple mixer of mixing 2 decks and an occational sampler but can someone please tell me what is the big need to have 4 decks. I understand the once in a while mix of under belly playing the rhythm and the vocals on a different deck. Maybe some samples from decks 3 and 4 but not all night.

As I understand the VMS4 gives controller response with a 4 channel mixer option. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is still just an all in one controller that lets you have a plan B IF desired.

I'm reading this thread and man, people are making elaborate set ups schemes. Heck, you can do all this now.. yes, you will have to put a little sweat into it but it can be done. I don't think this is the answer to ALL fixes and setups. I think this just gives move flexability using a controller and mixer. So everything currently can do with less equipment.

And yes, there are SW out there that can use 4 decks at once but how people use them and make the mix sound good. Not many!!!! Now if your doing a cool show to show off your skill then I can see it.

I'm not trying to burst anybodies desire or dreams. I'm just trying to undestand why the intensity. If this is a high quality and dependable product then get it and see if you can make more out of it. Isn't that what we do with all DJ products.

Posté Fri 28 May 10 @ 1:45 pm
Give that man a .... well, give him something!!!!

You hit the nail square on the head - as they say.

Posté Fri 28 May 10 @ 1:54 pm
Well said fatkatz

+1

Posté Fri 28 May 10 @ 3:32 pm
Cant we just lock this thread until it comes out?? I mean its a great read and all but dang, stop kickin a dead horse already. And if you got the money for the Rane 68 why in the world would anybody even consider messing with the VMS4??? I guess if you got money to blow. And +1 Fatkatz, well said. That is all carry on now, lol!!
Huey

Posté Sat 29 May 10 @ 12:46 am
xfosxPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Does anyone know if this can be used to crossfade video too since it is a midi mixer?

Posté Sat 29 May 10 @ 4:17 pm
Yes

Posté Sat 29 May 10 @ 4:46 pm
I love the idea of this mixer, especially since it opens a wealth of possibilities to us.

My intentions will be to have the VMS4 controlling the 2 decks on VDJ, having the sampler on another channel and having a Korg Kaos Pad or some other random noise generating hardware on the 4th... I may even keep the 2 channels from VDJ and run 2x cdj800/1000's alongside them for many reasons that make sense to myself.

Roll on July, I almost can't wait =)

P.s. The fact that very few controllers allowed you to use equipment you already owned made me a little sad inside. It's truly about time we were given the freedom of choice ;)

Posté Sat 29 May 10 @ 9:47 pm
The best thing I Love about this is that it isnt dependent on a USB connection to run. One could use this and REPLACE their existing mixer as well as control VDJ......

Posté Sun 30 May 10 @ 4:51 am
Brian,

Agree 100% This is the system I have been working towards. I have, probably like many others, combined a controller and mixer in to a flight case to simulate what the VMS4 delivers. The problem to date has been that the end result is usually large and heavy!!

While I understand this unit is not light (built like a tank from what I've been told) it's size makes a big difference.

It's about the same size as a rack mounted mixer, but is only a fraction of the depth. I don't know personally any analogue mixer this 'thin'. It makes it truly portable.

The only downside (and this is completely a personal view), is the lack of an additional media player.

AA have a few mixers and players that have SD/USB connectivity which would give you a backup without the need for a CD player/iPod/other device.

I'm hoping that a VMS4-SD isn't too far away, but it's not going to stop me buying this one.

In fact my order was placed back in April and hopefully I'll get it on launch day.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Sun 30 May 10 @ 5:57 am
93%