Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet American Audio VMS4 bundled with Virtual DJ 6 LE - Good Work Guys!!!!! - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

American Audio has good and bad stuff going for it. Numark is the same, the bad stuff is HORRIBLE but the good stuff is really acceptable.

This unit seems to be getting a lot of press and Buzz, so I don;t think this one will be a cheapy

I Hope

Posté Mon 10 May 10 @ 8:01 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This turns out to be insteresting.....
I have VCI-300 now and it has it's own pros and cons compared to VMS4.

VCI-300 pros:
* Very good scrach plate
* can spinback with plates

VCI-300 cons:
* not analogue mixer, eq quality is bad
* not analogue mixer, I have always trouble with gain, somehow gain control does not always work correctly, other deck seems to get louder etc. Not such problem with analogue mixers
* not ASIO! Not very good respond on scratching with asio4all

Some questions about VMS4:
* It looks like that the you cannot really spinback freely with VMS4 plate? I use this effect quite a lot.
* If I use midi channel, is volume and eq faders mapped to software? I mean that the analogue mixer eq usually have better quality.
* What is the size and weight of the unit?

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 3:48 am
I can't answer the first question as I've obviously not been able to play with one yet. I know the jog wheels are touch sensitive, but don't know how they would react to a "backspin". How do CDJ's or Denon's with touch sensitive platters handle this?

The dimensions are: LxWxH - 320x487x70mm (info straight from ADJ Europe).

Weight is not known.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 4:48 am

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 1:14 pm
That's a really nice skin. Any idea was resolutions it will come in?

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 2:50 pm

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 3:42 pm
Wow the scratching sounds pretty good too!!! :)

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 4:20 pm
how u gonna control 4 channels int hat skin?

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 4:58 pm
As VDJ only suppprts two decks at the moment, why would a skin with more decks be of any use?

Roy

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 2:11 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Great video Rolyspeller! It proofs that the plates can backspin and seem just as nice as in vci-300 (a bit smaller perhaps).
I was about to sell my old xp-10s but perhaps I can use them along with this beast because it has 4 channels... What do you think? On multi deck skin. VDJ should support 4 decks on the waveform too!

EDIT: maybe it isn't working because VDJj sound card setup does not support 3 sound cards at the same time (2x XP10 + VSM4)?

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 8:05 am
i'm likeing it you can trun crossfader off or to a channel :-}

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 9:08 am
cuz the vms4 apparently controls 4 decks

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It is capable of controlling 4 decks. VDJ cannot currently do 4 decks in a single instance however. You could still use 4 channels on the VMS at once though - two VDJ, two analogue inputs.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:25 am
so install vdj in 2 different location and open them up simultaneously?

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:30 am
So how exactly would you connect 2 laptops to the one VMS4...? And even if you are talking about via a second soundcard, it's still not "4 decks" really as only one will have control over the unit itself!!!

Roy

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:35 am
kinda pointless if u cant run 4 decks thru the software like u can with serato now

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 12:48 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can't run Serato on this unit with out using the Serato sound card -- which would make using this unit kinda a pointless for you to use Serato with ... which makes that whole comment kinda pointless to be made ?? Don't you agree ????

If you want to drive this issue into the ground that is fine - but take it up with me in a Private Message ... but please do not ask that question again or comment on it again. Your question was answered, explanation was given to include the point made about what could be the future.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 1:02 pm
wow dude, i was saying in the serato software u have the option of running 4 decks with the 68, i did not say that u can run 4 decks on the vms with serato,

stop assuming things if u dont know it for sure.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 2:55 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
How about this ... be more descriptive in your statements. You have been blasting bullets on the forums for the last 3 days that have come across as highly negative towards this product and the NetSearch features. So, maybe if you construct your comments a bit better then people will understand what you are saying and or asking. Because if you read your first comment then read how you wrote it the second time - they send two total different messages.

So to reply to the way you reworded the statement --

farhanashraf wrote :
i was saying in the serato software u have the option of running 4 decks with the 68, i did not say that u can run 4 decks on the vms with serato,

Yes, with Serato and the Rane 68 mixer you can use 4 decks at a cost of $2,599.00. But that is the ONLY way you can get 4 decks in Serato.

At least with this unit the potential is there to grow ... and so it is NOT so pointless that you can't currently run all 4 channels as software channels ... it just mean we have something that allows us to grow into it.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 4:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
farhanashraf wrote :
wow dude, i was saying in the serato software u have the option of running 4 decks with the 68, i did not say that u can run 4 decks on the vms with serato,

stop assuming things if u dont know it for sure.

As you say you need a Rane 68 to do that - if you buy a 68 I doubt you'll be using a VMS4 as well. One point though: Using VDJs MI feature I have successfully run 4 timecode controlled decks within VirtualDJ with my EVO5. So it is technically possible.

As has been said though, VDJ can run 2 decks + sampler (so 3 outputs), and you can flip the channels to an analogue mode too so you could have VDJ running 2 decks and have the other two spare for other devices.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 5:33 pm
70%