Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Windows 10 Compatibility & Issues - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Mine no problem VDJ8 on win10 home version. Did a 4 hours gig on last 31 July. Connected with DJM900srt (as audio out) and 2x CDJ2000 nexus. Only 1 minor problem with dropout of midi crossfader of DJM900srt (soundcard ok at that moment). Rescanned and problem solved. This even happened in win8.1 previously.

Posté Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 3:45 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Fun and games with Win 10.
First off I didn't know about the default taskbar option which puts a extra taskbar on the karaoke monitor.
Wonderful.
I got a lock up on the search bar looking for songs, though that might have been something to do with cu.
Looking around I felt that Win 10 needed more than a little optimization.
I don't like finding an xbox listed among my devices, I removed it, and the printing devices.
Whatever. i disabled all sorts of extras, and uninstall as much software as possible.
It's bloated, however it behaves quite well for bloatware.
I expected improvements in the handling of usb connections, and dual displays, and got them !
It looks ok.
I'm on day 1.
We shall see.

Note : It reminded me of a cross between Ubuntu, and Win 7.

Posté Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 8:40 pm
The firewall settings remind me of the channel tunnel, everything, and its dog is going through.
I've disabled a lot of hardware in device manager, including the laptop sound card, SBDJ will chastise me, but i'd like to see what happens.
Like as not I'm going to crash Win 10 whilst I'm finding out what I can, and cannot do.

I still like the look of it even if I'm messing around.
It's my backup, but I would like to use it over the weekend.

I'm doing everything I can to upset it, such as pulling usb cables, and restarting all the time.

Were definitely going to have people writing guides on optimizing Win 10.
I didn't feel the need to optimize Win 7.

Posté Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 11:27 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
bigron1 wrote :
I've disabled a lot of hardware in device manager, including the laptop sound card, SBDJ will chastise me, but i'd like to see what happens.

You must be kidding; my gig laptop runs with every unnecessary hardware and service disabled. Literally as bare bones as you can get, keep DPC and hard page faults in check :)

Posté Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 11:58 pm
Had a bit of trouble over the touchpad. No synaptic drivers were loaded. The generic Microsoft touchpad drivers did not seem to allow me to disable tap select. Anyway Asus 64bit Win 7 drivers worked fine.
I hate the tap feature.
I stopped all the inbound internet traffic, and all the apps trying to get automatically through the firewall.
This has not stopped cu, and I hope vdj 8 updates can be done by hand.
All seems well for the moment.
Related to privacy , and the device section, I practically turned everything off.

I don't as yet know about the services, I have not tackled them since the days of Vista.

My conclusion is that Win 10 it is not fit for purpose ( for a DJ, I'm sure an xbox3, and games are fine ) without a considerable amount of optimization

Posté Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 1:08 pm
Hm just put a deck in reverse, and activated effects, VDJ8 stopped working.
Mind you flanjet was the effect in the slot, and I've had trouble with it before.
It was just flanjet again.
Maybe just re installing things will work like last time.
However if it's problematic it may be better not used.

The normal flanger will suffice.

Posté Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 1:26 pm
I rolled back to Win 7.
It took less than 15min wow !
Perhaps when someone has created a nice optimizing tool I might return.

There is a lot going on in Win 10.
If you have an Xbox jump on board.

I'm a bit sad.

Posté Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 11:42 pm
installed Wind 10 in my laptop so fan no issues, used 4 times in gigs works fine

Posté Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 3:27 am
I have rather annoying problem after upgrading to Win10 of one of my rigs. The two latest VDJ versions seems to have a problem of writing (and reading) to/from the database on the C: drive. Instead it creates a new database on the drive where I have my music files (NAS drive Z:). I thought I could solve the issue by copying the old database from C: to the NAS drive but then VDJ says the file is corrupted. I have checked and the database.xml is not corrupted. I really don't look forward to rescan my whole library.

Any suggestions?

Posté Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 6:34 am
Was working at a wedding tonight and, during the buffet, suddenly got a message box that Windows 10 was downloading in the background, gulp!!! Quickly disabled my internet connection with the Hotel's Wi-Fi to stop it. Thought I will look at this when I get home.

As I have Windows 7 on a bootcamped Mac thought I'd better checkup with Apple on updating to Windows 10. According to their info my Mac is not compatible as it's too old (mid 2010). Oh well, that saves a bit of grief. Wasn't gonna install til after wedding season anyway.

According to the Microsoft compatibility box mine is good to go with no incompatibility issues. So, who is right? Not gonna try to find out til November........

.......continuing with Windows 7 it is then.

Posté Sat 15 Aug 15 @ 2:15 am
Now running Win10 on one of my backup laptops. It's an old Advent 8111 from 2006, I have 3 of them and the just keep working.

I have installed the drivers for my Denon mc-6000 and my Pioneer setup, (cdj2000 nexus and djm900srt)

Been running the mc-6000 for about 3 days now with no issues, and the Pioneer setup for about a day with no issues.

Not ready to test it at a gig yet, but I am confident that it will be ok, and I'm sure I will be using it for the Christmas season.

Posté Sat 15 Aug 15 @ 9:42 pm
DJSoulman wrote :
thought I'd better checkup with Apple on updating to Windows 10. According to their info my Mac is not compatible as it's too old

They could just be saying that because they'd rather have you buy a new Mac... :-)

Posté Sun 16 Aug 15 @ 9:07 am
@DJSoulman

According to Microsoft windows 10 should run better on older hardware then windows 7 - 8 and 8.1
so if u are running 7 then 10 should work better at least that's the claims they make

Posté Sun 16 Aug 15 @ 3:33 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It will probably work at least as good, given that the drivers are properly compatible.
As can be seen in other topics, there are still some problems with windows 10 that require drivers to be updated to work properly.
If Apple decides that there won't be any updates for these older laptops, then you have a chance that it works well, but also a chance that it doesn't and no fix will be made available.

Posté Sun 16 Aug 15 @ 4:42 pm
I downloaded 10 and it keep freezing up my computer when I was using 8 so I went back to windows 7

Posté Mon 17 Aug 15 @ 1:04 am
I was using a Win7 laptop over the weekend.
A few minutes after starting VDJ8 a Microsoft Win10 box (3" x 3" approx.) appeared on screen.
I know it's only a click to get rid of the unwanted box, but I found that very annoying.

Within the next 12 months it is likely that I will upgrade my laptops to Win10.
Not just yet...

Posté Mon 17 Aug 15 @ 10:24 am
here is my Story.

Been using my Asus ROG for years running Windows 7 Pro.
Never had any issues whatsoever.

Finally had a little bit of time on my hands so I installed Windows 10 (Fresh Install) meaning formated my HD.

So I have only Windows 10 and drivers installed. Disabled NIC, Bluetooth and other that I can disable.

Tested now with VDJ 2412. Listening to music and some videos on Automix.
While enjoying some music in the background, I hear something went wrong (a hiccup). Disregard it for a moment, then another and so on.

Run DPC Latency v1.4 and I saw my system was all in the YELLOW ZONE (goes RED during the hiccup). All the years I was using my system was always in the GREEN ZONE.

Try to see what it could be and nothing I could do to make it into GREEN.

Well, back it up and re-installed my Windows 7 and did all the stuff I did for Windows 10.
Low and behold, DPC Latency shows my system is ALL GREEN (like it was).

My conclusion is, something about the Windows 10 OS that is making my System in the Yellow ZONE.

I am back to Windows 7. I did all that for NOTHING (I was planning to re-format my system before for a good cleanup).

I feel better knowing that my system is like the first day I bought it. Maybe the hardware and Windows 10 does not like each other.

So, I'm sticking with my 7. When I buy a new system and comes with 10, I hope that it plays well.

Posté Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 9:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just as a word of warning; DPC Latency Checker isn't compatible with anything after Windows 7. Use LatencyMon instead :)

Posté Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 10:18 pm
Should I give 10 another try and use LatencyMon to see what could be done ?

Posté Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 2:19 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Had Windows 10 installed by my computer guys. All drivers updated etc.
Tried at home for a week without problems.
Used at 3 events, worked fine.
All of a sudden last Saturday VDJ8 just stopped in the middle of a tune, rebooted and it worked
for another hour or so,then the same thing happened. Rebooted again, but could not get any response
from VDJ8.
Tested at home the other day and got everything working again. Has been working for 3 days now without a glitch.
Checked crash report,nothing there so can only believe it was Windows 10.

Posté Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 12:24 pm
46%