Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Ask The DJ Issue - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

When I search a request in AskTheDJ and try to go back to the AskTheDJ list, the messages that are there won't pop back up unless I receive a new message.

Posté Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 10:10 pm
My Issue with "ask the dj" is the following:

I got a request that is made trough the website url option.

I removed the message, but with every start of Virtual DJ, the removed message is back.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 12:38 pm
The messages are cached and disappear after 12 hours. Read that somewhere yesterday.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 12:45 pm
tried the twittery bit and it doesn't work for me

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 12:56 pm
You need to add the alias without the hashtag, just the name itself.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 1:01 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
The messages are cached and disappear after 12 hours. Read that somewhere yesterday.

Thanks for your reply.

I have some events where I have to travel to at least 4 locations a day to perform.
I don't want to have a cache of 12 hours, because I want to start with a clean sheet for my second, third and fourth gig..

Remove is remove in my opinion?

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 1:08 pm
Agreed, however it displays which messages arrived at what time so you could just ctrl+a and delete any previous messages when you arrive at your new gig.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 1:10 pm
You can clear the results when you launch VirtualDj and they won't come back unless you restart the software.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 1:10 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You can clear the results when you launch VirtualDj and they won't come back unless you restart the software.

LOL, did not think of this simple solution :)
This will work indeed.

However, I would rather have a option in the config that gives me the option(s)
"clear ask a dj cache when VDJ closes"
and
"save ask a dj cache"

This way I can choose to keep the request so I can review them at home later
or I can choose to clear cache immediately because I'm sure I don't need or want this any more?

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 1:22 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 2:40 pm

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 2:42 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Ok Thanks how do it work from twitter ?

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 2:46 pm

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 3:02 pm
I dunno - whatever happened to, you know, talking to people? :-)

Isn't it quicker to walk up and ask, rather than having to get a phone out, open an app or go to a site, type in the request, send it........?

I mean, I love gadgets and technology, but some things just seem so pointless. [sigh]

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 6:08 pm
People don't want to talk any more, especially the younger ones. They just shove their iphone in your face instead.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 6:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Many places where dj's play have music playing so loud that it's difficult to talk to the dj, especially from the other side of the dj booth.
Also most dj's are not that happy with drunk people leaning over their gear with glasses of beer trying to tell them something while they're busy.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 6:23 pm
As I stated in another thread I work in a large bowling alley and entertainment complex. They have been using Twitter to get requests for some time now and it works well. Integrating it in to VDJ just means it's easier than loading Twitter on a browser on an external display.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 6:25 pm
I have some gigs on professional main stages with barricades where people can't come to me.
So I can't wait to try this new feature.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 6:59 pm
Adion wrote :
Many places where dj's play have music playing so loud that it's difficult to talk to the dj, especially from the other side of the dj booth.
Also most dj's are not that happy with drunk people leaning over their gear with glasses of beer trying to tell them something while they're busy.

Spot on.

Posté Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 7:15 pm
Well it seems the messages stay there now, but posting a message at ask.the.dj doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Also the message on my screen is showing up as:

Posté Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 4:32 pm
65%