Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet Dub Echo request - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Is it possible to develop a plugin that sounds similar to Pioneers dub echo? It's a single parameter effect.

Posté Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 12:48 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Video of description of what it does?

Posté Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 5:28 am
Here's a walkthrough of the sound colour FX on the DJM 900, they're also present on the DDJ-SZ, RZ, RX and XDJ-RX series. So adding these would be of interest to owners of these devices.

m.youtube.com/watch?t=217s&v=aI8uueOlhIE

It's also worth noting they appear on the new Roland controllers, so the principle of sound colour FX aren't patented by Pioneer.

Posté Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 6:28 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I see, it's
An resonance filtered echo with 50:50 wet/dry.

I'll have to try play linking a dial to the cut offs of the echo fx. But that won't have resonance.
The other idea is cloning the source, dropping the volume so source + clone = source volume, then actually having a filter echo fx chain.

Posté Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 5:48 am

Whatever captures the effect most accurately ideally :)

Posté Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 2:51 am
In order to select and activate it:
deck 1 effect_select 'colorfx' 'echo' & deck 1 effect_activate 'colorfx'

Then, in order to control it:
deck 1 effect_colorslider 'colorfx'

Posté Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 12:49 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Does this mean the effect is already implemented into the software? If filter FX are already there, why not have an effect select tab under the filter buttons in skin? There's a space there that's perfect for it :).

Posté Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 1:07 pm
bagpuss wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

This this mean the effect is already implemented into the software? If filter FX are already there, why not have an effect select tab under the filter buttons in skin? There's a space there that's perfect for it :).

+1

Posté Fri 01 Dec 17 @ 1:16 pm
bagpuss wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Does this mean the effect is already implemented into the software? If filter FX are already there, why not have an effect select tab under the filter buttons in skin? There's a space there that's perfect for it :).

I think it's because colorfx are new in VDJ - I think we'll see it a lot more in use in the future - and I'm not sure if it's exactly the same effect as what you are looking for
But it does bring some funky options - this is basically using the script above, and fx processing set to post

Posté Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 3:34 pm

Yea that sounds like it could be useful, what I'd like to do is be able to toggle the high pass filter with other color FX, just as you can on Pioneer/Rane mixers.

Posté Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 4:42 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks for sharing your knowledge in the video it helps understanding the script placement. Your script works perfect.

Posté Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 6:13 am

A good standard mapping to make colour FX part of the VDJ infrastructure (to be accessed on any controller), hold shift + adjust effect select knob to change the selected colour effect. The change of FX should ideally be displayed underneath the filter effect in the skin (plenty of space for this addition without moving anything around).

That would be considered a major FX centric update and by the look of things most of the work has already been done, but it's hiding behind closed doors :).

Posté Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 4:59 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
+

Posté Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 2:43 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Is there a way I can assign this to the Dub Echo Button on the DDJ-RZ so I can use ith with the Sound Color Knobs?

I know the RZ comes with that hardware effect but it doesent work in Internal Mixer Mode.

Posté Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 5:31 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
how do you control the volume on that effect so that the effect isn't so loud,the effect sound is more/some what a back ground sound?

Posté Thu 07 Dec 17 @ 10:57 pm
AsTheDJ wrote :
how do you control the volume on that effect so that the effect isn't so loud,the effect sound is more/some what a back ground sound?

I cut of the bass or apply a filter. Works nice

Posté Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 11:33 pm
SimfabHome userMember since 2018
I use vdj 8.2 been tryin to set as described but the effect_colorslider doesnt show to choose as an option.

Posté Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 8:05 pm
Wowser! it only works! Hasn't this has been hiding? Where is the documentation on the Color FX?

Posté Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 9:58 pm
mitchiemasha wrote :
Wowser! it only works! Hasn't this has been hiding? Where is the documentation on the Color FX?

They're missing from the skin and controller mappings (non Pioneer) and generally hidden from all view, it's ridiculous, hopefully this 'silent' implementation is building up to an update where they'll move into plain sight, so the other 99.9% of users have access to them.

Colour FX are not patented or trademarked, as they've made their way into products from other manufactures, so there's no logical reason to have them hidden in VDJ, although I'd probably call them "Filter FX".

Posté Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 10:46 pm
bagpuss wrote :
They're missing from the skin and controller mappings "Filter FX".

I'm currently trying to figure out how to apply them to my filter. Possibly using the FX Assign 1,2,3,4 buttons on my Denon MC7000. The left set will turn on 'echo' to the corresponding filter, be it channel 1,2,3 or 4. The right set the reverb. Had these buttons worked like normal button it would of been easy to have 4 selectable FX for the FILTER.

Might even be able to make a 3rd as if both left and right assign for the same channel are on. With the 4th being off, standard filter.

Posté Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 8:24 am
83%