Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ Logo - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Thought I'd start a seperate thread so when the team decides what to do with the logo, it will be easier to find the answer.

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 8:45 pm
please remove it!!

at least, enable and disable, whenever we are want!!!!

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:41 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Please post here if you'd like the logo removed so the dev staff can see. Thanks

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 10:55 pm
Give us the option to remove. Also provide a see thru (like a water mark) thats hardly visible and wont get in the way of Karaoke users. My opinion only.

Killabee44

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 10:58 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In my mind, people who party should not see any logo. Please remove both forced logos!

FRUiT94

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 11:12 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Charge a fee for the VDJ: Video Addition that removes the watermark. Use this money to pay for the development of this new product line that is pulling resources from your audio development.

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 11:16 pm
My opinions for the logo are: give all possible options - enable/disable/watermark.

I think that will satisfy everyone.

C ya !

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 11:18 pm
Love the software but this logo should have never been there. Didn't really understand the move either. I tell everyone I know about this software. People who don't DJ really don't need to know about it. Don't think it would bring new customers to VDJ by having this logo here. All that might happen is my clients would get annoyed because it was there. They hired me, not VDJ and I paid for the product. I use numark cd players and a qsc amp and don't post numark and qsc ads for my audience to view. So as I started in my last thread the logo should be removed. Hope I didn't come off strong here. I really do love this software. This was just kind of a surprise... Still using 2.10 for now. On a posative note, the features seem great. So thank you for that development team :)

Posté Mon 23 May 05 @ 11:30 pm
PLEASE remove it. I use virtual dj because it makes it very easy to pull of professional sets. The logo on the video display is NOT professional. It looks like i'm using a demo of some program to the uninformed, making me look bad. I absolutely LOVE the new features, and dont mind supporting vdj at SOME events, but I'd like the choice.

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 12:52 am
Dj DaniPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I vote for removing it... seems unpro and 'demo:ish'

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 1:08 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I think that is the whole idea.
To deter a professional from using the program under the cover of darkness.
It'd be cool to have a crack feature that displayed "STOLEN SOFTWARE BY VIRTUAL DJ IN USE" after 2 hours.

A professional will pay for his equipment, which in this case is the plugin itself which will magically make the splash disappear once licencing is achieved.
Problem solved.

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 1:09 am
"STOLEN SOFTWARE BY VIRTUAL DJ IN USE".... nice one!! ;)

that would be a cool thing ... surprice!! :) hehe

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 1:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
chaulk one up for - Give US the option - enabled/disabled/etc.

cstoll

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 1:34 am
I agree with many of the posts here, I bought vdj as a tool to use in my club residencies, "Virtual DJ" is a fine name for a product but it certainly isn't what my clients, the club owners, want to see on their video screens. One of my residencies has already refused to let me use the program in its present form. The logo would be fine on a demo version but not a professional piece of kit.

As to paying extra to remove it, I think that would be scandalous, I based my decision to buy on a demo which did not have the logo and was therefore useable ( once teething troubles had been sorted ) in my venues. In adding the logo the product has now been rendered effectively useless to me as anything but an interesting toy.

I actually think that if the developers persist with the logo they will be playing into the hands of the hackers. I paid for my copy, I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of support and frankly amazed at the progress between 2.1 and 3.0. However if the only way I can use this excellent program is to source a cracked and de-logo'd version then that's what I'd reluctantly have to do. Which would be a real shame.

Thanks a again for a top program and an excellent and ( generally ) sober and helpful forum and please reconsider the logo. :-)

John

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 2:38 am
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, definitely get rid of the bug.

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 3:18 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
no logo for full users please. but demo should have it & some protection for people using cracked versions...

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 2:35 pm
It is possible to change the logo to something else
(same logo is for the skin and for tv output)
, but not to alter the size or transparency....
as you can see in my blogs

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 2:59 pm
I feel the logo itself is perfectly fine if and when it would have been there from the start as an incentive to pay for the video plugin (which is not really a plugin as it is an integral part of the software).

That way everyone would know going in the logo is there and can/could be removed by paying the additional fee. As it is now you first pull people in with a 'non crippled' version only to slap em in tha face with the logo and 'pay up to remove' tactic. which IMO stinks..

Now so far there is no official word this is what this is, but the silence does not make things better either..

I decided to buy into the VDJ experience because of the video thing.. if the logo stays as is I'll be out as soon as I came in and just wait for my current weapon of choice to offer video..

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 4:02 pm
I think you are right, 2.1 should have logo too... I think many people bought it when they realized vdj can process video... and voila now there is new 10x faster version but with logo :-(

I think that dev team was confused of some situation like (fiction) :

someone is playing at the club he is quite good, and then the spy (wannabe dj comes) and asks for a song while looking at what actually is dj using.
The clever ones maybe want to mask the software and use traktor skin and want to show that it's their skills instead of the internal vdj features. It looks like he is using traktor, and the visitor things .... oh it's good, i'll buy it ...

So I agree there should/could/can be logo on skin, but on the video i think it is not fair and it margins in this situation with unfair business tactics / lying advertisement ....

anyway i don't use/need those video features now, but was planning. I am confused, frustrated, unhappy and sad. The people i believed in has fallen a little lower :-(

Posté Tue 24 May 05 @ 4:15 pm
i Hate logo's regardless . it reminds me of the thing that fox did with the chaseing the puck with the black streak. In my locations where i preform the company spent a tone on dongles and proper video editing equiptment. I never see there logo on anything. I would be intrested in a build your own logo. from a jpeg, or gif . this idea of always using bmp to show pics is silly. I think the forum is intresting to people about to buy the products because it makes this look like a project in the happening not the wicked kick ass goods that it actually is. I started with ejay , then djmix home, next is pro. but i made kick ass custom skins and never tell anyone what im using because i like to rock the world and not have joe blow buy the program and think he is a real dj. I live for the music and it lives through me.

p.s Can i put my logo on your tv? im happy to trade you logo on my tv for my logo on yours.
I also hate the idea of the pro version having it on the skin as well.

Posté Mon 15 May 06 @ 9:48 am
65%