Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 30

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

vjvernPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey Guys, i have a big problem, hopefully somebody will have a solution. My headphone cues do not work on my vms4. when I press the cue to prelisten my next track, no sounds comes out of my headphone.

Now I know some ppl will say to turn cue knob to the far left on cue, lol, I've done that and the gain is turned up....Sound only comes from my headphone cue when the crossfader is on the active deck side, and the cue is selected on the active deck....It works fine on the LE version of virtual dj, but does not on my VDJ pro version...HELP PLZZZZ

p.s. I used another laptop to be sure it wasn't my laptop with the issue.

Posté Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 4:45 pm
cramPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ive had the vms4 for a month now and have a few issues

1- mic inputs - cannot use at events due to poor output quality
2- turntable inputs - same issues as with mic inputs.....you plug a cdj in and its ok....you plug a turmtable in and it sounds horrible but if you go through another mixer and then into the vms4 its ok.
3- cue button error - the number 4 cue button lights up when pressing other cue buttons but only when its in usb mode
4- crashing - the vms4 will stop working when any other device is turned on or off (ie light , fogger , speaker) it is fixed in 2 seconds by hitting apply in the sound setup but is still unreliable.

As a stand alone unit for having a mix at home it is great but for events i have gone back to my hercules mk2 ...... I think they need to recall the vms4 and fix these issues

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 1:43 am
i have just tried the 4 deck setup and works good except on the left of the screen you have decks 1 & 3 and on the right you have 2 & 4.
Your mixer is 1 & 2 on left and 3 & 4 on right. I have re done the outputs to make the 2 lhs decks to the lhs volumes but have had to put stickers on the vms4 so channels 1234 actualy control 1342. Is there a way to make 1 & 2 on the screen both be on the lhs

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 1:46 am
Does anyone also know how to make the screen respond to the mixer section in the middle. I understand that its best not to map it but it is priceless to be able to look at the screeen and see the mixer section react. I hear something about a way of making it emulate on the screen but still use the internal vms4 mixer

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 1:49 am
if you're not happy with the VMS4 ... sell it! otherwise ...
update the firmware and do the right configurations.
I use it in a disco. I mix video and works perfectly.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 2:30 am
laga02CUE userMember since 2007

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 5:30 am
i have sent for 2 mic adapters two weeks and not had a email yet when they will be sent but it is the holidays.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 6:16 am
Hi guys loving my vms4 , i have a mapping one for you.
the vms4, 4deck, skin pro, ver2.1, between the sample box and the tc switch there is a filter knob i would like to map to the touch pad sliders like this.
decks 3/1 on lefts touch pad slider
decks 2/4 on right touch pad slider
as i think this filter on the skin has no mapping without go in to fx knobs and finding it.

has anyone done this if so can you post the mapping for it so all can see.

cheers
triggs

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 6:33 am
cram wrote :
3- cue button error - the number 4 cue button lights up when pressing other cue buttons but only when its in usb mode

You need to update your VMS4 firmware!

This fault was discovered when the units first reached the public, and American DJ/Audio released a fix very quickly.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 6:34 am
groovindj wrote :
cram wrote :

You need to update your VMS4 firmware!

This fault was discovered when the units first reached the public, and American DJ/Audio released a fix very quickly.

1st thing i did was update the firmware

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 9:01 am
dj-tony-parma wrote :
if you're not happy with the VMS4 ... sell it! otherwise ...
update the firmware and do the right configurations.
I use it in a disco. I mix video and works perfectly.

it has a few issues that need sorting but other than that i love it. I dont wanna sell it . i wanna sort them

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 9:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
triggers100 wrote :
Hi guys loving my vms4 , i have a mapping one for you.
the vms4, 4deck, skin pro, ver2.1, between the sample box and the tc switch there is a filter knob i would like to map to the touch pad sliders like this.
decks 3/1 on lefts touch pad slider
decks 2/4 on right touch pad slider
as i think this filter on the skin has no mapping without go in to fx knobs and finding it.

has anyone done this if so can you post the mapping for it so all can see.

cheers
triggs

You can map the TOUCHSLIDER as
filter

Dont use the LEARN button, find TOUCHSLIDER from the drop down menu. If this doesnt work, try to assign S_TOUCHSLIDER or SHIFT_TOUCHSLIDER as filter.

Note, this Filter (Resonanse) has nothinf to do with the Filter Effect.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 9:29 am
@ djdad
i have looked at this and have no luck ie:
touchslider_filter
touchslider_action filter
!!!!!!!!!!!
will need some more help on this :-(

triggs

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 12:04 pm
Posted Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 10:45 pm
Hey Guys, i have a big problem, hopefully somebody will have a solution. My headphone cues do not work on my vms4. when I press the cue to prelisten my next track, no sounds comes out of my headphone.

Now I know some ppl will say to turn cue knob to the far left on cue, lol, I've done that and the gain is turned up....Sound only comes from my headphone cue when the crossfader is on the active deck side, and the cue is selected on the active deck....It works fine on the LE version of virtual dj, but does not on my VDJ pro version...HELP PLZZZZ

p.s. I used another laptop to be sure it wasn't my laptop with the issue. And I have updated the firmware.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 10:35 pm
I think I got another lemon... The first one I got had a problem with th turntable, it would continually stick... Returned it, got this one and now the midi headphone cues don't work properly... I'm starting to get annoyed. I might just Dona return and get my money back...

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 10:39 pm
cram wrote :
1st thing i did was update the firmware

So what version number does the unit display now, when you switch it on?

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 5:13 am
i noticed some crackling and noise distortion NYE while playing at my friday club gig. i didn't go over -4 dbl on the led read out on the vms4 and i was still getting it on a few dif songs. i tried to lower and raise the latency via asio config in vdjs config screen and it only seemed to get worse as i raised the latency. i have read about the low power supply and low volumes but hadn't come across it before NYE. the mixer i was plugged into was a djm600 and both the pot i was plugged into and the main where hitting red so it seemed as if the house system was getting a good signal. well after about hour and a half i got tired of the glitches and swapped out for my korg zero4 which then performed like a champ the rest of the night. I def noticed a MUCH high volume from the korg.

has anyone else came across this issue and what was your temp/simple fix? i have read about using mic preamps to boost the signal, but really i mean thats just more equipment to haul around?

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 6:51 am
@vivern & @ cram
the first... update the firmware and see the led on the VMS4 when turn on... in the left side see the first number in the right side the second... example: 3 led in left side and 12 led in the tight side... your firmware is 3.12.

the second... setup virtualdj... see the pic under...

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 7:35 am
how yall doin mane umm i got a couple questions i gotta ask but ima start with a easy 1 so can yall tell me how do i upload samples for my vms4 i just bought it like a week ago and i mix all type music mostly reggae and dancehall and soca cause im from the caribbean and i try to upload my sound effects into the samples section and i cant so can yall help me out with that because i use sound effects like reggae air horn differant lazers and bubblin sound effects and more can yall tell more how do i dat

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 7:06 pm

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 7:12 pm
87%