Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 31

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dj-tony-parma wrote :
@vivern & @ cram
the first... update the firmware and see the led on the VMS4 when turn on... in the left side see the first number in the right side the second... example: 3 led in left side and 12 led in the tight side... your firmware is 3.12.

3.12???

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 7:26 pm
for example... the last firmware is 3.11

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 7:28 pm
vjvernPRO InfinityMember since 2011
These are the setting under my sound setup, if they are incorrect...how do I change it?

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 8:37 pm
ASIO SETTING... try my setting, see the picture (UP)

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 8:50 pm
Thats what I clicked on

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 9:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 9:20 pm
Have tried everything u guys are saying, I'm at frustration point...

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 9:38 pm
cerriexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What i have noticed is that you can only assign the touch sliders to buttons. i.e on/off

Is it possible to assign the touch sliders to scroll or needle drop on the sound wave bar? or maybe control rottary controls for moving loops and FX control.

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 2:25 am
cramPRO InfinityMember since 2004
groovindj wrote :
cram wrote :
1st thing i did was update the firmware

So what version number does the unit display now, when you switch it on?

version 3.8

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 2:32 am
@cram - @ vixen

I think you have to do a basic course ... a question ... what is your level of computer knowledge? If we do step by step, so that tell us to spend less time organizing all.

ASIO test configuration that I posted ... look at the picture and make the settings on your VirtualDJ - ASIO
The latest firmware version is 3.11 and can be found here:

http://www.vms4dj.com/downloads_uk.html

but follow the instructions to install and use the software that you find in the installation folder of the LE version comes with VirtualDJ VMS4

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 5:52 am
ok have mapped filter to touchslider
goto config/mapping.
goto the add (+)then
in the box marked key: touchslider (if you still like to keep touchslider as default you can use s_touchslider the s =shift so shift+touchslider will work the filter)

in the box marked action : filter

then ok done that is it. :-)

middle of touchslider is 0 filter (this also top of volume slider)
this will map touchslider to filter as left 1/3 and touchslider to filter as right 2/4.

p.s
djdad wrote :
triggers100 wrote :
Hi guys loving my vms4 , i have a mapping one for you.
the vms4, 4deck, skin pro, ver2.1, between the sample box and the tc switch there is a filter knob i would like to map to the touch pad sliders like this.
decks 3/1 on lefts touch pad slider
decks 2/4 on right touch pad slider
as i think this filter on the skin has no mapping without go in to fx knobs and finding it.

has anyone done this if so can you post the mapping for it so all can see.

cheers
triggs

You can map the TOUCHSLIDER as
filter

Dont use the LEARN button, find TOUCHSLIDER from the drop down menu. If this doesnt work, try to assign S_TOUCHSLIDER or SHIFT_TOUCHSLIDER as filter.

Note, this Filter (Resonanse) has nothinf to do with the Filter Effect.

@ djdad
you was spot on with your mapping i must of went wrong

thanks triggs

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 10:40 am
question on post and pre eq from the vms4. what are you running it in. post or pre eq and what are you running it into a small, medium or large system.

i have had some sound problems (pops, clicks etc) when running on a larger club system but nothing when running on both of my mobile set ups. trying to see if there's link. i was running pre eq but now switched to post. i won't be at the club i had sound problems at until friday and would like to narrow it down before then.

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 11:50 am
Sound Chirps and Pops....Help ...Ok I have read and read and seen posts on VMS4 and VDJ setup by DJDAD and PUMPINENTERTAINEMNT, I have configured both with just using 2 channels and 4 channels with record loop to record a mix and both ways I have sound chirps and pos when I move in the browser and filter or load a song.

My Lappy specs are:
2ghz Core Duo
2gb ram
50 gb space open
VDJ 7.0.2
VMS4 3.11 firnmware
ASIO driver latest 1.07

I also run the latency checker tool and it has never gotten in the red zone.

I have looked and looked and even disabled my antivirus and wifi as suggested in some Sound issue posts but still problem happens

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 9:04 am
I returned my vms4 because of the headphone cue issue....This is the second time I've had to exchange it....I will keep on exchanging them until I find a good one out of all the lemons.....i suggest everyone else does the same...Maybe that will send a message to American DJ.

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 11:30 am
vjvern wrote :
Hey Guys, i have a big problem, hopefully somebody will have a solution. My headphone cues do not work on my vms4. when I press the cue to prelisten my next track, no sounds comes out of my headphone.

Now I know some ppl will say to turn cue knob to the far left on cue, lol, I've done that and the gain is turned up....Sound only comes from my headphone cue when the crossfader is on the active deck side, and the cue is selected on the active deck....It works fine on the LE version of virtual dj, but does not on my VDJ pro version...HELP PLZZZZ

p.s. I used another laptop to be sure it wasn't my laptop with the issue.

Sorry, but as you say, with virtual dj LE works fine, then with PRO you have problems, then the solution is not to change VMS4.

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 12:08 pm
marguello wrote :
Sound Chirps and Pops....Help ...Ok I have read and read and seen posts on VMS4 and VDJ setup by DJDAD and PUMPINENTERTAINEMNT, I have configured both with just using 2 channels and 4 channels with record loop to record a mix and both ways I have sound chirps and pos when I move in the browser and filter or load a song.

My Lappy specs are:
2ghz Core Duo
2gb ram
50 gb space open
VDJ 7.0.2
VMS4 3.11 firnmware
ASIO driver latest 1.07

I have looked and looked and even disabled my antivirus and wifi as suggested in some Sound issue posts but still problem happens

you'll NEVER get rid of them. i have been battling pops and crackles for 2 weeks when using TC with my VMS4. all i get on the AA/ADJ forum are bs responses about my latency, screen resolution etc. as you my gig machine is WAY over the specs for the vms4 but yet as soon as i try to use it for TC control i get the sound problem. but i'm sure it has nothing to do with the china made sound card that just can't handle REAL djing with TC and some data going through it. today i even got TWO NEW in the box VMS4's as loaners for the weekend to see if i can solve my problem and guess what. IT DIDN'T still crackling and popping. the ONLY setting that works is 30ms or above. sorry but i actually scratch, cut, juggle and yes DJ so that is UNACCEPTABLE for me. good thing i have PRO equipment to use and i can return this TOY. i knew i should have just stuck with AA/ADJ for lighting cause lets face it ANY sound product i have come across from AA/ADJ just didn't hold up to PROFESSIONAL sound quality.

Posté Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 2:09 am
djsynystr wrote :
marguello wrote :

My Lappy specs are:
2ghz Core Duo
2gb ram
50 gb space open
VDJ 7.0.2
VMS4 3.11 firnmware
ASIO driver latest 1.07

you'll NEVER get rid of them. i have been battling pops and crackles for 2 weeks when using TC with my VMS4. all i get on the AA/ADJ forum are bs responses about my latency, screen resolution etc. as you my gig machine is WAY over the specs for the vms4 but yet as soon as i try to use it for TC control i get the sound problem. but i'm sure it has nothing to do with the china made sound card that just can't handle REAL djing with TC and some data going through it. today i even got TWO NEW in the box VMS4's as loaners for the weekend to see if i can solve my problem and guess what. IT DIDN'T still crackling and popping. the ONLY setting that works is 30ms or above. sorry but i actually scratch, cut, juggle and yes DJ so that is UNACCEPTABLE for me. good thing i have PRO equipment to use and i can return this TOY. i knew i should have just stuck with AA/ADJ for lighting cause lets face it ANY sound product i have come across from AA/ADJ just didn't hold up to PROFESSIONAL sound quality.

WoW that is really sad that there is no solution for these annoying chirps and pops! I dont use TC's just strictly digitals but I do quick mixing sample loops, scratching and videos too and this is unacceptable. I run just fine when I use my VCI 300 or 100 or even my RMX so when I got theVMS4 i thought it would be better than he RMX at least. So PLEASE PLEASE if anyone has found a proper setting or even if A/A support or Tech Engineers are reading please get a update thru firmware or offer another solution bcuz I do like the equipment and the idea of the analog and digital coming together in one control so I would hope someone out there can get this right!

Posté Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 12:56 pm
maybe your problems are caused by a bad configuration, because am working perfectly, I use it in a disco with a power plant and I videomix for 6 consecutive hours

Posté Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 1:35 pm
I have checked my configuration against all posts and even contacted VDJ and they said I have it configured correctly but the pops still happening on two different laptops as well that are above specs. I dont know if its because I have other souncard drivers like the one for my rmx and my m-audio soundcard along with my vms4 drivers. Which I would imagine others have multi soundcard drivers to and run various controllers

Posté Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 1:49 pm
ony do you use it with TC or just midi? i only notice my problems when i try to run it with TC.

Posté Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 3:58 am
90%