Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet SBDJ FreeStyler - Page: 10

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I am just doing my first experience with freestyler plugin and its working great. Thanks to Scott for this absolutely usefull tool.

One thing I have found is, when I set my cuepoints at the very beginng of a song its working fine as long as I start the song manualy. But when doing a fade from another song, all cuepoints within the fade seem to be ignored.

Any ideas how to deal with that?

regards and Merry Christmas

Thomas

Posté Mon 24 Dec 12 @ 3:22 am
hello,

I'am having a problem using the plugin. The left deck does send the bpm to freestyler but the right deck doesn't. When I play a song on the right deck, freestyler does not react on the beatgrid.
Can someone tell me how to solve the problem?

greatings,

sven

Posté Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 7:30 am
I think it reads the grid from whichever deck is selected as the master deck

Posté Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 4:42 pm
Any update on a mac version of the cue and S2L plugins.

Posté Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 1:02 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Anyway to trigger two commands from one cue point. I figured out that I had to set a cue and rename it FS: 271,1 to toggle the first cue list button. Then when I want to switch to a new cue list button and routine that doesn't include the previous lights I have to set a second FS: 271,1 cue point (to toggle those lights off) then another cue point immediately after that named FS: 273,1 to toggle the new routine. Is there a better solution? I was thinking something like this on the 2nd cue point FS: 271,1 & FS: 273,1. That doesn't work, but I imagine there has to be a way to do it. I'm not much for programming and I'm new to dmx and Freestyler. Any help would be great.

Posté Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 5:38 pm
Can't you build a programme in Freestyler that turns one programme off and starts another?

This would seem more practical. Then you can reprogramme the lights without having to keep changing the cue points.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 6:22 am
If there's a way to do it I don't know how. I have one cue list running three sequences on my lights then when the song changes I want a different set of set of sequences running that excludes some of the lights from the first one. The excluded lights won't shut off unless I toggle first sequence off. So I wanted to send the message to toggle the first button then toggle the new cue list. All of the other changes with the lights I can setup in freestyler. I just can't figure out any other way to shut off the previously used lights.. Without having to run cue lists in specific orders. Example: first cue list has a sequence that uses the laser. Second cue list has a non looping sequence that starts with laser, but ends with it off. This would work, but if I wanted to use that cue list somewhere else the laser would pop on and off for no reason. I could get around that by making another completly new cue list without that sequence, but I'd have tons of nearly duplicate cue lists and would take way more time then sending the message: 'FS: 272, 1 then 274, 1'. I'm sure there's an easier way, but I haven't had much luck. Thanks for the help, I'm going to try and read up on the submasters section and see if there's an answer there today.

Posté Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 12:45 pm
Double post.

Posté Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 12:56 pm
If anyone else is interested, I messaged SBDJ and he said he had to check if he included the functionality. I read up on the submasters, and it seems that this is still the easiest and fasted way to do it.

Posté Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 6:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I will add the ability to have multiple commands on a cue point. I need to release an update with Mac support anyway.

Posté Sat 30 Mar 13 @ 7:08 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
OK, I've compiled a test version which I've released but not 'announced' yet.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15834/freestyler.html

This plugin does away with the two separate plugins and merges it all into a single plugin.

The syntax format is now strict.

FS:xxx,xxx

Where xxx are the relevant numbers as before. Doesn't have to be 3 digits, could be FS:xx,x for example.

The plugin will scan for multiple commands in a single cue point name too now, and ignore other text so you could use:

Blackout PAR FS:xxx,xxx Strobe Moving Heads FS xxx,xxx

Last time I tried to merge the plugins I had some crash issues. I think I've fixed that, but I would recommend you test before going live with this.

If this version works and is stable I'll compile the Mac version and release that too.

Posté Sun 31 Mar 13 @ 6:24 pm
Awesome, can't wait to have a go with it. Looks like I won't be sleeping tonight.

Posté Mon 01 Apr 13 @ 8:36 pm
Hey Scott

Used the new plugin live yesterday and no problems with your plugin, except that when virtual DJ is open I cannot edit cues as it automatically goes into offline mode for no reason but I think that is a freestyler issue.
The question that i have is , using VDJscript is it possible to use a Shift button and a combination of 2 other buttons that i have programmed ie Cuelist page 1 and Culist button 3 to program the next cue point and rename it to do the command. The reason I ask is because I find it long to have to rename each cue. I started with using (set_cue 4 & cue_name 4 "FS:273.1") but if i wanted to use the same cue point later in the same song I would have to add it manually. i have tried a few different combinations but had no luck in getting it to automatically use the next cuepoint and just rename it without specifying the cue number.
Any help will be appreciated.

Posté Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 11:04 am
Hi Scott

Can you give me an example of what command to use to get a fader to send a value to Freestyler?
Does the plugin communicate both ways with Freestyler? I am trying to map an APC40 in virtual DJ and would like to get the button leds to respond to Freestyler? I can get the faders to work when programming the APC40 directly in Freestyler but then there is no way of getting the led's to work. Hence the reason I want to program the controller via VDJ.

Posté Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 6:28 am
Any ideas anyone?

Posté Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 7:39 am
clintcarlson wrote :
Hi Scott

Can you give me an example of what command to use to get a fader to send a value to Freestyler?
Does the plugin communicate both ways with Freestyler? I am trying to map an APC40 in virtual DJ and would like to get the button leds to respond to Freestyler? I can get the faders to work when programming the APC40 directly in Freestyler but then there is no way of getting the led's to work. Hence the reason I want to program the controller via VDJ.

Just sat down to do the same thing. Was going to use the sampler section on my ddjsx to trigger the lights instead of samples. Figured I could just use the FS:272,1 to trigger the fast cue and so on, but didn't seem to work. Really wish this stuff came naturally to me. Let you know if I figure out how to do it.

Posté Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 2:19 pm
On the front page there Scott posted:
set '$fsvalue' 1 & set '$fscommand' 2
This will trigger blackout.

I'm sure there's and easier way than I'm thinking, but You'd just have to replace 1 with the faders level and and 2 with the parameter you want to control in freestyler.

Something like:

'$fsvalue' "get_level" & set '$fscommand' 138

I'm thinking the fader on the controller is 0-100 value and you'd need 0-255 to work the fader in Freestyler so I'm not sure how that translates. All new to me, but I've managed to get my sampler section all programmed to run lights instead.

Prob not much help, but gave it a shot. Good luck.

I'm just barley learning syntax stuff, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posté Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 3:23 pm
Thanks for trying Jason K.

I have tried your suggestions and got nowhere.
Any input anyone?
Scott?

Posté Sat 04 May 13 @ 1:44 pm
Try FS:272,255 but I think that might only be for networked machines.

Posté Sat 04 May 13 @ 4:14 pm
clintcarlson wrote :
Thanks for trying Jason K.

I have tried your suggestions and got nowhere.
Any input anyone?
Scott?

Got this from PhantomDeejay. Replace 155 with whatever you're trying to control:

param_cast 'float' & param_multiply 255 & set '$fsvalue' value & set '$fscommand' 155

It dropped the level to zero on the master intensity.

or

param_cast 'integer' & param_multiply 255 & set '$fsvalue' value & set '$fscommand' 155

This sets the intensity @ 1% when the fader is down, and 100% when the fader is half way up. There is no in between.

I played with it for awhile with no luck. Maybe you can figure it out.

I think there is an issue with the way the plugin works. Prob need to be reconfigured to do what we want.

SBDJ just redid it, so it might take awhile before he comes back to it.

I'm going to play with the android app and see if the works better for my setup. Computers been busy recovering a messed up hard drive for the past few days, so I haven't had a chance to try it out.

Posté Sat 04 May 13 @ 4:30 pm
69%