Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet SBDJ FreeStyler - Page: 9

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I love the Variety in the ways you can use the frrestyler and SBDJ, I suppose i should also note than the codes are only for using VDJ and Freestyler on the SAME computer.

My solution is more for simplicity. So that the average user can aproach this and have some sucess. But hey atleast we can help all our DJ community out and guide them to this solution.

If anyone wants to tackle understanding Freestyler commands find the file with the documentation in it. That's how i did it!! There are many ways to make VDJ talk to Freestyler and i was just smart enough to come up with my own way of doing it.

FS:46,1 will play and stop the first Fastcue button on the left side,Make sure you name your Cues.
always keep the ,1 after each number. basically 46=1 47=2 48=3 49=4 you can count all the way up to twenty numbers,after that you're out of buttons on that list.

SBDJ posted for 272,1 wich will controll the cuelist buttons on the right side and the formula is the same 272=1 273=2 274=3 and so on, also up to twenty. But i'm an average user and haven't used that side of the column so i made my own way to use it for the left side cuelist buttons.

Here comes a true and Cliche quote: "Practice And Enjoy"

Posté Thu 03 May 12 @ 6:01 pm
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Came across an issue with the cue plugin, well not sure if the issue is actually the plugins. I know you can have up to 99 cues points, but after cue point 10 I can no longer see the "white line" in the songs waveform. So I cant right click it and rename it. Any help on this would be wonderful!

Thanks Lo

Posté Wed 09 May 12 @ 8:16 am
Is there a way to rename cue points permanently? The problem is that you cant map a key to do it because vdj sees the colon as a syntax error in the name. For example cue_name 80 FS: 272,255 doesnt work because vdj thinks the colon is the end of the command, and not part of the name.

You also cant right click and rename cues above 10.

I am thinking that I could edit the database and rename all the cue 80 to FS: 272,255 but is there an easier way?

How is everyone else getting around this?

Posté Fri 25 May 12 @ 6:30 pm
Here is a quick tutorial showing how I managed to get this working. There is probably a better way but this is what worked for me...

Posté Sat 26 May 12 @ 3:56 pm
Ok, I am just getting into DMX and I have been trying to follow along with this discussion. My goal is to have VDJ perform recorded light shows specifically for songs I to do repeatedly or every show. I am using a Chauvet timer controller which is an analog manual switching device or sound activated. I want to pre-program my lighting. Will SBDJ Freestyler accomplish this & Where do I start learning this whole DMX thing?

Posté Sun 03 Jun 12 @ 9:26 pm
About pre-programmed scenes: Ypu've missed the very first post ;)
SBDJ wrote :

Current features:

* Passes CBG grid from active deck as Sound To Light trigger. No audio needed by FS.
* Can trigger commands within FreeStyler from VDJScript, allowing you to effectively map FreeStyler commands to controls within VDJ.
* Monitors Cue points with a specific naming convention to trigger commands within FreeStyler, allowing you to set cue points to automatically trigger lighting changes. This means you can program per-track lighting sequences that run automatically!
* Network and local support

There are two plugins available, SBDJ FreeStyler CBG and SBDJ FreeStyler Cue.

I have seperated these two into seperate plugins because the I didn't want the Cue plugin to bog down the CBG thread and I was having issues communicating with VDJ from multiple simultaneous threads. This may be something I can resolve at a later date, or I may just keep them seperate. Not sure yet.

Anyway, to use the Cue plugin you *must* have the CBG plugin (and at least v1.3 of that). FreeStylers network server is single client, so the CBG plugin talks to FS and the Cue plugin talks to the CBG plugin.

Sending commands is accomplished using a couple of VDJScript variables and setting them as per the information provided by FreeStyler in it's "Sendmessage and TCPIP.pdf" document.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13067/SBDJ_FreeStyler_S2L.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/14209/SBDJ_FreeStyler_Cue.html

To let SBDJ's plugin control your lights, you'll need (besides the plugins) 2 more things: Freestyler DMX and a USB-to-DMX-dongle. Your lighting-controller won't work with either Freestyler or the plugin. Advise, suggestions, the program and the basics about DMX can be found here: http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforum/

Posté Mon 04 Jun 12 @ 12:20 pm
No, I didn't miss the first post. I just don't understand it :-0

Where should I begin in all this DMX stuff. Can anyone point me to start studying this thing so I can eventually have VDJ pro control my lighting with these cues?

Thanks very much

Scott

Posté Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 10:51 pm
I watched the video above by musicalcheers, and I was just wondering, isn't there a way to program this by way of hardware controller, like on the fly? Seems there should be an easier way.

Thanks

Posté Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 11:00 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Programming DMX is easy once you get your head around it.

Every fixture has an address and a number of channels, so a fixture with an address of 16 and 4 channels uses addresses 16 to 19.

Usually each channel will do something, for example pan, tilt, colour, goto or shutter. This will be documented in the manual for that fixture.

You then create steps which define what each of these channels is set to for that step. Steps form scenes.

It can get more complicated with overrides, submasters and so on.

Posté Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 8:06 am
Hey I don't know if its my computer, but it seems Freestyler v3.5 is not working S2L with SBDJ's S2L plugin. Anyone else come across this? I dont know if it's the new version of FS or the plugin. I had to restore my computer to get the old version back, which for me was FS v3.4.8. And the plugin works fine in that version with VDJ v7.1.

Posté Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 8:22 pm
Just tested with v3.5 here and it worked OK...

Posté Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 9:33 pm
SBDJ wrote :

Well that's good news! Must be my lappy :/ If anyone else has this issues and you fixed it please let me know how! Thanks!!!

UPDATE

I figured it out, USER ERROR, lol! I had to move the slider (next to the play buttons) in the cues all the way to the left to make the auto-stepper at 10%, which I dont know why it will not go to 0%. Can you say I had a Homer Simpson moment, lol!

Posté Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 9:44 pm
Don't worry about it, glad you're sorted :)

Posté Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 10:39 pm
DJLo50 wrote :
SBDJ wrote :

Well that's good news! Must be my lappy :/ If anyone else has this issues and you fixed it please let me know how! Thanks!!!

UPDATE

I figured it out, USER ERROR, lol! I had to move the slider (next to the play buttons) in the cues all the way to the left to make the auto-stepper at 10%, which I dont know why it will not go to 0%. Can you say I had a Homer Simpson moment, lol!

I did noticed that the chaserspeed even at 10% still makes the step change every 10 second even with the plugin working. So I think its a Freestyler issue because in v3.4.8 it did not do that. The best way to see this is to get everything running then pause your track. The steps will still continue instead of stopping.

Posté Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 8:19 am
Havent got it setup to check, but I thought it went at whatever speed you had set in the freestyler cue until it sees a signal from vdj/sbdj plugin.

Posté Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 2:04 pm
musicalcheers wrote :
Havent got it setup to check, but I thought it went at whatever speed you had set in the freestyler cue until it sees a signal from vdj/sbdj plugin.

In v3.4.8. once it receives a signal from the plugin it works, the speedchaser is i guess deactivated. In v3.5 it doesnt do that, the speedchaser is still active once the plugin is working. So if you watch ur step count it will skip fast depending on where u put the speedchaser slider.

Posté Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 7:02 pm
just wanted to say keep up the good work and I love reading all the comments. Im getting my head around this design.. im light jockey all the way... I cant wait to see the script for the lazer I just got..

Posté Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 11:22 pm
jburrPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi,

I've been using VirtualDJ with the Freestyler S2L and Cue plugin's and they're working great. I've started playing with trying to use VDJScript to map hot keys or Midi commands in Virtual DJ to functions in Freestyler so I don't have to look at the Freestyler screen and can use VDJ exclusively to control lighting as well.

Reading through previous posts it appears that this should be as simple as creating a new mapping (say from CTRL+L) to call a VDJScript command like:

set $fsvalue 1 & set $fscommand 272 (to select my first Cue)

But this doesn't seem to do anything (even though a Cue point in the track that is tagged as "FS:272,1" is correctly picked up and triggers my first Cue in Freestyler.

What am I doing wrong? Should this work?

All help appreciated,

Jules

Posté Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 3:29 pm
There is a space after the colon and try 255 instead of 1 ie, FS: 272,255

Posté Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 3:44 pm
jburrPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks for the response, but the Cue points are working fine as they are (FS:272,1 does what it should do - I'm running with Freestyler on the same machine so I don't need the network 255, the 1 does fine).

You know what, I'm being an idiot. Clicking the big button marked "VDJScript" on the S2L plugin always helps.... DUH.

Thanks anyway,

Jules

Posté Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 3:55 pm
63%