Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet SBDJ FreeStyler - Page: 8

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
SBDJ wrote :
I will make one :)

Thank you!!!!

Posté Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 7:27 pm
Scott,

That would be much appreciated... DMX is my 2012 project ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 4:38 am
Hey - been using this plugin and I really like the potential. :) What I'm wondering is - is there a way to have this plugin + Freestyler trigger steps of a cue on every half, quarter, eighth, etc. beats instead of just triggering on each beat? What I'd love is to be able to run a cue in FS which does several steps in every beat, but I'm not sure how to do this, if indeed it is possible?

Posté Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 3:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I could probably add a trigger frequency option to the CBG detection.

I still need to make that video to demo auto-command triggering too.

Posté Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 4:18 pm
That'd be great! :) If I could simply specify a number from 1 to 10 which is how many divisions for each beat to send across, that'd work great. Even better if there was some way to vary that during the track itself, but if not then I'll just make sure all my sequences are timed the right way in FS.

Also, on the subject of FS (since nobody in the FS forum answered my question) - is there a way to use SendMessage to start a sequence rather than toggle it? All the commands seem to be based around toggling things on and off but that's really unhelpful if a sequence already happens to be running in FS. I simply want to say, absolutely, "play this sequence" or "stop this sequence". Any ideas?

Posté Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 9:22 am
Unfortunately not, I asked that too.

I was informed that there is some experimental code to allow developers to work around this and advised to contact them. I sent a message almost 2 months ago, it's been read but they haven't replied.

At this time there isn't really much I can do. I could implement state myself in the plugin - however it would be broken if FS changes the state, or if the user changes the state elsewhere.

Posté Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 9:57 am
Yep, there's really no sane reason I can think of that you'd want to be mirroring FS by storing the state in your plugin. Really it seems like a they're missing a trick not having such commands, but I see why they've written it the way they have (I'm sure they wrote it as toggles so that where you DO want to toggle things on and off you don't have to have controllers which remember whether they last asked to turn something on or turn it off).

To be honest I'm fast coming to the conclusion that to get the kind of flexibility in programming DMX lights that I want, I'm going to have to write software myself, but that's a lot of time to invest. I did experiment with Venue Magic but I found the interface less than stellar compared to FS for simply programming quick sequences to use on cue - maybe I just didn't dig deep enough...

Posté Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 10:50 am
I came to the same conclusion, and went and did it ;)

I might have a look at Daslight though and see if that can be integrated as well.

Posté Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 8:00 pm
You're not planning on offering your software for sale are you? :)

Haven't tried Daslight - might give it a whirl. Is there a free software-only version or is it all paid software?

Posté Mon 16 Apr 12 @ 3:33 am
No, it's designed for my purposes and wouldn't really be much use to anyone else as is. Would need a lot of work to make it useable for others!

Posté Mon 16 Apr 12 @ 5:56 am
Good news, latest version of Freestyler has added start/stop for submasters and cues amongst other things.

Posté Fri 20 Apr 12 @ 6:20 pm
Hey Scott. Using This Plugin with all my gigs, Now made even better with the new Freestyler. I was wondering if there is a command or script that we could use to control the features of your plugin IE Monitor Cues, either toggle or Enable/Disable?

Posté Sat 21 Apr 12 @ 12:26 pm
No, but I can easily add them. You're wanting to trigger them more easily I guess :)

Posté Sat 21 Apr 12 @ 8:15 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I might have a look at Daslight though and see if that can be integrated as well.

Can't wait for this Scott, I'll owe you a few drinks at Coalville next year if you get it working ;)
Craig

Posté Mon 23 Apr 12 @ 2:48 pm
Daslight seemed responsive to me, so I'll see what I can do.

Posté Mon 23 Apr 12 @ 3:13 pm
nick706PRO InfinityMember since 2010
having trouble getting S2L 1.3 to work with VDJ Pro 7
is there anywhere where i can download a version of 1.0 as i know this version works

Posté Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 12:45 pm
Unless you kept a copy then no - but v1.3 should be working fine.

What kind of difficulty are you having?

Posté Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 2:15 pm
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Any luck with a video for the Cue plugin or detail intructions??? Thanks!

Posté Tue 01 May 12 @ 7:23 am
I have come up with my own easy to use formula, and i've created a blog explaining how to use it to get the SBDJ Cue plugin to work. Add me as a friend and read my blog.

ALL PRAISE AND THANKS TO SBDJ for creating this awsome plugin!!!!!!

Posté Thu 03 May 12 @ 11:05 am
I use this plugin a little differently to cadmeister. I often use different lights depending on the gig. I have taken all my lights and given them there own DMX address, ie, 10xLEd parcans start at 1, moving heads starts at 70, Laser starts at 105, DMX switch packs at 125, Color strips at 150, Etc.
I use the submasters to setup scenes with all the lights. I have then gone and made several cue list buttons with scenes IE
(Single Color, Stage lights off and moving heads doing slow sweaping movements around room etc.) as one scene.
(Single color, Stage lights on moving heads at static position as needed) as another scene.
I have also created scenes for dancing etc.
I have a 17" Dell Laptop with full keyboard and have created the same keyboard short cuts using the number pad for the cuelist buttons in
both VDJ and Freestyler. I can then change cue list buttons in VDJ and use the same shortcuts if i am in freestyler.
With the more popular songs that i use i have gone and used the cue point option and let the songs control the lights.
What is helpful with my setup is that it has cut down programming time as i can open freestyler at a gig and do not have to worry about setting up the fixtures and creating new scenes for each setup and it will work even if only a few lights are used. At a function i only need to select a cuelist button then go and change the color and do a quick save and done. I do have a BCF2000 for the more complex setups.
Hope this helps.
I am all the way in sunny South Africa, if SBDJ and Raph were to come and visit their drinks will be on me.

PS. I have a friend in a small 2 piece acoustic band and they now use VDJ and Freestyler to control the backtracks and lighting (few parcans).

Posté Thu 03 May 12 @ 3:33 pm
56%