Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.2 - Page: 5

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

ewitles wrote :
What is the loop bug?

I don't remember their exact problem but it was also brought up starting in page 5 of the 7.1 thread.

Posté Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 9:08 pm
mj mix wrote :
ewitles wrote :
What is the loop bug?

The loop bug is when u looping a track and the audio cut off completely from the deck you looping for a full count of the loop.
For example if you have an 8 beat loop running on deck A, the audio on deck A will cut off completely for full 8 beat count and then start the loop on the one. But it does it randomly

i too have experienced this in past versions on of VDJ. I have yet to put 7.2 to the test

Posté Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 11:54 pm
BIEN DESCARGANDO Y A PROBAR NEW VIRTUAL Y EN ESPERA DEL V8 GRACIAS

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 1:00 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 2:12 am
jnsoundPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ok. I'm going to ask the dumb question! The colors are great but what do they mean? I know other programs have been using them for years. But I wouldn't have a clue what they mean and how it will change the way I read a waveform. Is there a scale for the colors?

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 3:25 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj-in-norway wrote :
The waveform is colored according to the sound spectrum...
Roughly speaking the "bass" being yellow/red/purple, "mid range/vocals" different shades of green, and "highs" are bright blueish ..
Or something like that..

The idea is to make it easier to spot different parts of the song, specially in regards to scratching... or even transitions to next song.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 3:38 am
jnsoundPRO InfinityMember since 2009
cioce wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :
Roughly speaking the "bass" being yellow/red/purple, "mid range/vocals" different shades of green, and "highs" are bright blueish ..
Or something like that..

The idea is to make it easier to spot different parts of the song, specially in regards to scratching... or even transitions to next song.

Cheers. I am so used to doing it by ear and without the colors. Thanks for your time.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 4:04 am
I'm surprised that no one has said they can finally mix now that there is coloured waveforms... errr and the 'songpos' ones don't appear to be working

Thanks for the update, but keep em coming until the new eq gets here ;-)

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 5:51 am
***Thankyou*** for the Cover download fix..... I could kiss you..... (But I'll try to refrain...)

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 5:52 am
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
tried 7.2 out on my home setup last night and all seems to be working fine....

someone has asked why we need multi coloured waveforms when the the colours are so tightly bunched together...
am i right in thinking that there will be a way to scroll and zoom in version 8???

also to those asking why the main wave display isnt multi coloured. i guess thats so u can tell witch is witch deck.
if all 2 or 4 decks had waveforms made from the same spectrum of colours it would be crazy to tell them apart...

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 6:45 am
getafix wrote :
also to those asking why the main wave display isnt multi coloured. i guess thats so u can tell witch is witch deck.
if all 2 or 4 decks had waveforms made from the same spectrum of colours it would be crazy to tell them apart...

Only if you were to have them overlaid, i have mine one sat above the other.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 7:22 am
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
tru, i dont have mine overlaid on the vms4 skin but id say thats most likely the reason that its kept to the small wave forms....

am seeing a mild increase in the waveforms jerking and not running as smooth. had slight jerking before but now its a good
bit more.....

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 7:40 am
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thank you VDJ! I must say this is a very nice surprise!!!

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 7:48 am
jnsound wrote :
Ok. I'm going to ask the dumb question! The colors are great but what do they mean? I know other programs have been using them for years. But I wouldn't have a clue what they mean and how it will change the way I read a waveform. Is there a scale for the colors?

To be fair, my guess is that few actually have any use for it, its just something odd where a competitor add some feature, and all come screaming they want the same. So people been asking for it.
But honestly doubt they know how to use it ;) hehe

That being said, it does have its use, you can easier spot the breaks in the song, and different parts of song according to how intense it is (bridges, breakdowns vs chorus, verses etc). But you can do that perfectly in the old waves too, heck djs been using the normal non multicolor waves in both vdj and other software for 10 or so years doing just fine ;)

But for scratch djs it will make it slightly easier to find the good spots to do a little waka waka.. If you find in a song that the light blue area was a nice scratching spot, it will be so at almost all of the similar color tone areas of that song...

Or something like that..

Some love it, some dont like it .. .

But at least one have the option ;)

It will be far far smoother, and nicer in VDJ 8, as well as easily zoom in and out on the color waves.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 7:51 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
yes they mentioned that it would b much nicer in V8 the wave form.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 7:56 am
Quote :
I dont have a wave button on the default skin? I found it on another one of the defaults skins but it doesnt make the large waveforms at the top of the skin multicoloured it just changes the positions of them and how they overlay

It will not make those waves colored only the scratch waves.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 8:21 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
As snap on beat on VDJ8 will be available, coloured track position will be on its optimal use.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 8:23 am
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thank you again VDJ! If updates are coming regularly please may a suggest a small extension to your video delay. Allow the user to define the video delay for "LINKED VIDEOS" in the info screen. So if I want to link a music video to high quality audio all I have to do is set this value once.

By the way - how do I use the video delay? I tried testing it using the video window but could not get it to work. Does it only apply to external video out?

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 8:25 am
hey, the updates are coming too frequently !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't see any issue with cpu vs colored waveforms......

W7 64 bit, i7, 6 gb ram, radeon 5870 gpu.......

i will try loading up with say, 6 plugins plus FireText n see what happens

very risky behavior, an update on a wed/thurs ........

what next ,squeezing yer toothpaste from the middle ??

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 8:35 am
and what dose this mean ? :/ cant get rid of it (that black line across the waveform)

Posté Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 9:25 am
31%