Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Free VirtualDJ 8 Clinics in Miami & LA - Reserve your seat today - Page: 6

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

UPjohnPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Considering the amount of djs that do tutorials on the internet already I cannot imagine some of them will not be at the trainings. In addition there are the djs who have been doing the beta that already have experience with the product and will no longer be bound by the nda, and the staff at atomix who already have experience with the product. I am pretty sure that we will have plenty of info on you tube and djtips to last us for a while :-)

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 1:29 am
I mean would it make sense to spend all of this time making sure the product is incredible and rock solid. Build a product from the ground up to be a flagship product, and then not tell anyone how to use it?

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 1:31 am
UPjohn wrote :
Considering the amount of djs that do tutorials on the internet already I cannot imagine some of them will not be at the trainings. In addition there are the djs who have been doing the beta that already have experience with the product and will no longer be bound by the nda, and the staff at atomix who already have experience with the product. I am pretty sure that we will have plenty of info on you tube and djtips to last us for a while :-)

At least someone can see through all this darkness. I thought DJs were about lifting spirits up, but you would never know it from some of these post. What difference does it make who is teaching these seminars, as long as they know the software. Surely, they would not have a clinic, with people that do not have the answers. These are free clinics for those that can make it. If you can't, this is not going to be rocket science. What you don't know, will be taught to you, just like before. That is what this forum has been doing all these years. They did not have mass classes when VDJ was first introduced, so this is nothing new. Reserve your seat for these clinics, if you can. That is what this thread is about. Cause I'm Happy.

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 3:34 am
UPjohn wrote :
will no longer be bound by the nda

You're assuming that the software (VDJ 8) is finished.

Atomix still haven't announced that it is finished - which IMO is pretty odd, considering how many people are taking these clinics as being based on/around the release.

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 3:55 pm
I don't think it is odd at all.

If version 8 is released by the clinics then this is a non-issue.

However if it isn't ready, it'll be no different to trade shows and other sneak peaks. It's not hard to create a skin to only show certain features. If things aren't 100% ironed out then the people at the clinics will be told this, or they won't be shown it at all.

I don't think anything has changed. If Atomix want to keep certain things under wraps or alternatively give certain information then they will do that.

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 4:38 pm
Something for nothing and you still get grief. Why worry your socks off or bite your nails to the bone threating that your gonna miss out because Seminars are held few and far. A wonderful tool called Youtube will no doubt be utilised to infom the uninformed once Atomix is ready.

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 5:15 pm
chriso710 wrote :
Youtube will no doubt be utilised

Another assumption, but no actual statement from Atomix that the clinics will be recorded.

djtouchdan wrote :
If version 8 is released by the clinics then this is a non-issue.
However if it isn't ready, it'll be no different to trade shows and other sneak peaks

There are two scenarios:
One: VDJ 8 is finished, which is why the clinics have been announced.

This seems to be the majority opinion - not just here on the forum, but on at least two DJ/technology web sites. So.....if it is finished, why no word from Atomix? Why keep people hanging? Surely they should be proud of the "new born" and shouting it from the rooftops? Put a stop to the speculation and give people something to look forward to.

Two: It's not finished, and the clinics will be using a beta. No announcement at the clinics, or after them. If that happens then the brown stuff will definitely hit the fan.

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 5:59 pm
groovindj wrote :

This seems to be the majority opinion - not just here on the forum, but on at least two DJ/technology web sites. So.....if it is finished, why no word from Atomix? Why keep people hanging? Surely they should be proud of the "new born" and shouting it from the rooftops? Put a stop to the speculation and give people something to look forward to.

Simply, that's their prerogative isn't it. It's not for us to make business decisions.

groovindj wrote :

Two: It's not finished, and the clinics will be using a beta. No announcement at the clinics, or after them. If that happens then the brown stuff will definitely hit the fan.

I don't think 'the brown stuff' will be hitting anything.

If anything the opposite. The hype will be tenfold. No doubt there will be professional reviewers at these clinics, either officially or incognito. Then within hours the information will be all over the internet.

Now your statement may be true if we're still waiting 2,3,4,5 months down the line. But until it's out and until these clinics have been and gone we are just speculating with no actual knowledge.

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 6:26 pm
Just my thoughts on this.
To those asking "if it's ready then why haven't Atomix announced it?"
Virtual Dj 8 could be running stable and be considered ready for release by Atomix but the first we will here about it is when it is in our download areas. Atomix may well be planning to release either at or just before/after those seminars. If they were to announce this and between now and then they find a serious bug then every single one of us would make their lives hell. If between now and the seminars it continues to be stable it would be a good time to release it. Another week or two of testing and double checking the stability can only be a good thing.
By the way, I am on speculating that they might have a plan to release it around the time of the seminars.
I am glad I am not the boss of Atomix, the grief they are getting because it's not been released yet, but if they released it tomorrow and it doesn't work the grief they would get would be tenfold.
Chill for a bit longer guys and it will hopefully be here soon.

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 7:28 pm
UPjohn wrote :
no longer be bound by the nda,

Where did you read that they will no longer be bound by a non disclosure agreement? I never saw that anywhere.

DJ James

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 8:25 pm

Another date has been added to the roster. No RSVP required.

Posté Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 10:04 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Goood!!!!!!!!

Posté Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 12:47 am
jamesvanek wrote :
UPjohn wrote :
no longer be bound by the nda,

Where did you read that they will no longer be bound by a non disclosure agreement? I never saw that anywhere.

DJ James

It would stand to reason tht they would be able to talk about a product that is released... If the product has not been released than the whole controversy regarding whether or not their are trainings available on the internet is a non starter anyways since if you cant use it you do not need to be trained how to use it.....

Posté Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 2:50 am
groovindj wrote :
UPjohn wrote :
will no longer be bound by the nda

You're assuming that the software (VDJ 8) is finished.

Atomix still haven't announced that it is finished - which IMO is pretty odd, considering how many people are taking these clinics as being based on/around the release.

Should I assume that it isnt finished? As I posted in response to another question... If it isnt finished than it does not matter if there is information online or if they post the trainings on Youtube....

As for Atomix not announcing that the product is finished this is from the original beta announcement "For everybody else, who've been patiently waiting for some news: VirtualDJ 8 is now stable and all the new features are implemented. It has been used live in clubs and weddings by team members for some time now without any problems. We're still tweaking it here and there to improve the user experience and usability, but this is almost done. As usual, we are not giving any deadline or release date, but we will do our best to keep the final beta session short."

IMO it is kind of sad... I get the anticipation but really???? I am one of those who log on every day looking for some scrap of info or hoping that my dl button is lit up... So I get it.... But it is sad that some of these comments seem so adversarial towards atomix.... I mean do you really think they are just stringing us along so they can say "oh wait nvmd".

Posté Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 2:58 am
In my oppinion I think the idea of clinics are a good idea, but it should be Word Wide, and not just pick one country that is Thousands of miles away. I live in the UK and I cannot justify spending a huge amount of money to travel somewhere to see and look at something we will all get eventually. Like everyone else I check the forums everyday to see what has been posted and also to check to see if Virtual DJ 8 has been added to my downloads area.

I guess Atomix do have a date set in mind, Who cares if it's only days or even Months away Virtual DJ 7.4.1 has been flawless on my system so having a rock solid product is what I am wanting, and I am sure Virtual DJ 8 will not disappoint when we get it.

Posté Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 4:33 am
Can we get a Midwest date by chance?? Like in Illinois, Kansas , Nebraska? Y'all got the coast covered plus I could make it to any of those I mentioned, lol!!

Posté Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 9:19 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Can we get a Midwest date by chance?? Like in Illinois, Kansas , Nebraska? Y'all got the coast covered plus I could make it to any of those I mentioned, lol!!

Or even Portsmouth UK ;)

Posté Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 6:01 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Best make it Newcastle, more central for us Geordie's... lol

Posté Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 7:31 pm
tayla wrote :
Best make it Newcastle, more central for us Geordie's... lol

Night Clubs are better up there Tayla. Could be even better if I was there lol

Posté Fri 18 Apr 14 @ 5:07 am
I got tired of waiting on VDJ for them to come out with this vdj 8 edition, and decide to switch to serato last year, and since then i have no problems once so ever with that software, it works a lot better with my numark ns6, with mp3 and mp4's with vdj my videos were freezing, my audio effects make crash the system, nothing but headaches with this vdj software, I used it for 3years till I switch to Serato, If VDJ8 comes with more efficiency than Serato I might go back, other wise I stick to Serato because it makes my job easier and reliable. I am a DJ and VJ

Posté Sat 19 Apr 14 @ 4:35 am
55%