Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet PHASE HID - Support in VirtualDJ - Page: 7
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@VISIONZ5
Got your video, thanks.

1. when you use the Phase in HID, the play/stop/pause actions do not work. So probably nothing to do with the keyboard Mapping/shortcuts. You could also try to pause/play from the Skin buttons too.
This is the way we have implemented the Phase in HID, it only listens to the Remote rotation and not the internal Play buttons.
Not sure how "practical" it is to pause/stop the Deck while the TT is still spinning. In what cases you want to do this ?

2. You pressed some buttons on your Z2 mixer for DVS (?). What is the action of this button and what exactly do you want to do when using this ?
Keep in mind that once you choose the DVS mode from the Phase settings, you dont actually need to do anything else, other than having your timecode inputs configured in your Audio Setup.

Tip : If you guys need some shortcut to switch between the Phase modes, use the action setting 'settingName' 'value'
E.g. the action ..
setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeLeft' 'DVS' & setting 'PHASE-HIDmoderight' 'DVS' will switch both Remotes to DVS
setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeLeft' 'HID' & setting 'PHASE-HIDmoderight' 'HID' will switch both Remotes to HID
setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeLeft' 'Disabled' & setting 'PHASE-HIDmoderight' 'Disabled' will disable both Remotes (in case you want the "internal" mode and/or want to put Remotes to base.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 2:26 pm
@VISIONZ5 I thought you would want to use the buttons on the Z2 to toggle between the Phase modes, so here are the actions you could use...

TIMECODE_ON:
shift ? device_side 'left' ? setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeLeft' 'Disabled' : setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeRight' 'Disabled' : device_side 'left' ? setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeLeft' 'HID' ? setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeLeft' 'DVS' : setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeLeft' 'HID' : setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeRight' 'HID' ? setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeRight' 'DVS' : setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeRight' 'HID'

LED_TIMECODE_ORANGE:
device_side 'left' ? setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeLeft' 'DVS' ? on : off : setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeRight' 'DVS' ? on : off

LED_TIMECODE_GREEN:
device_side 'left' ? setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeLeft' 'HID' ? on : off : setting 'PHASE-HIDmodeRight' 'HID' ? on : off

Untested - don't have the Z2

With the above actions, the buttons on your Z2 should now toggle between HID (led green) and DVS (led orange).
SHIFT+DVS buttons should "disable" both DVS and HID (leds off), so will offer the "internal" mode

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 3:20 pm
@MOYSESSENA, @DJVINYLTOUCH
I'd like to get some video from you guys when you can, showing the issues you have with the HID mode.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 3:27 pm
djdad wrote :
moysessena wrote :
The problem remains. When trying to brake the disc, the beat grid advances on its own as if I were pushing the disc. Exactly as described previously.

What is your setting TimecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend set to ?
If set to Yes (default), i don't get any beatgrid advancing or anything similar when scratching/braking/releasing

TimecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend=YES

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 4:40 pm
djdad wrote :
I'd like to get some video from you guys when you can, showing the issues you have with the HID mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5QnPf64xfI
Note that when braking the disc with your hand, normal pitch bend, the grid moves backwards and then forwards without any interference.
In DVS mode this does not happen. When braking the disc, the grid remains where I finished braking.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 4:58 pm
djdad wrote :

This happened exactly when the first version with HID mode support was released, but it was much more pronounced, then you corrected it and it worked fine until the V9 firmware update.
HID mode on Serato works perfectly as always. No unexpected variations.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 5:03 pm
moysessena wrote :
djdad wrote :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5QnPf64xfI
Note that when braking the disc with your hand, normal pitch bend, the grid moves backwards and then forwards without any interference.
In DVS mode this does not happen. When braking the disc, the grid remains where I finished braking.

This video pretty much shows the problem...I'll provide a video later on today to support it.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 7:23 pm
Here's my video showing the problem (and a comparison to Phase DVS which doesn't have the problem)

Posté Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 8:48 pm
Thank you for the video. able to reproduce here as well. We are looking at.

Apart from this drift on platter release after a scratch, have you spot any other issue ?

Posté Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 9:44 am
@djdad from quick usages I (personally) didn't really see anything major to talk about, but I haven't really put it through a thorough test yet since the issue above was major enough for me to not continue with it. I'll try it out some more and repory back.

Posté Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 12:08 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
Here's my video showing the problem (and a comparison to Phase DVS which doesn't have the problem)

Same issue here with HID. With DVS i also don't have it.
I reported that issue after updating to v9 to MWM. They meant that the problem comes from VDJ.
It doesn't happens if you're just using hotcues. It's only if you touch the platter to pitchbend or scratch.

Posté Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 7:18 pm
My early trials with early access build 8089 seems to suggest they have resolved the issue (as described in their changelog).
I'm still going through more testing to see if it's good across the board.

Posté Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 7:23 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
My early trials with early access build 8089 seems to suggest they have resolved the issue (as described in their changelog).
I'm still going through more testing to see if it's good across the board.

Apparently resolved. I'm testing it too.

Posté Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 10:28 pm
Indeed there was an issue with firmware 9 and we had to apply a different drift correction compared to the one firmware 8 had.
The reported drift should be fixed in latest Build 8091 (Early Access at the moment)

Posté Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 11:38 am
So after a bit more testing, I found that there is still an issue with HID mode (I used b8089, I'm not able to see the b8091 in the current chanelog , nor when I start VietualDJ with earlyAccessUpdates enabled):

When Master Tempo is switched off, and you do a drop from a scratch, (most of the time) there is a moment of warp/wobble in the pitch of a sound for about a second, then it goes to the normal pitch/sound. Once again, this doesn't happen in DVS mode. I'll do another video, if necessary, to show the problem.

Posté Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 3:45 am
Sorry I'm just checking up on this...was this able to be confirmed? This also seems like a fairly big issue for turntablists (most of the time master tempo isn't used).

Posté Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 4:54 pm
We ll check. Thanks for testing and reporting.

Posté Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 5:02 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
So after a bit more testing, I found that there is still an issue with HID mode (I used b8089, I'm not able to see the b8091 in the current chanelog , nor when I start VietualDJ with earlyAccessUpdates enabled):

When Master Tempo is switched off, and you do a drop from a scratch, (most of the time) there is a moment of warp/wobble in the pitch of a sound for about a second, then it goes to the normal pitch/sound. Once again, this doesn't happen in DVS mode. I'll do another video, if necessary, to show the problem.

I'm also seeing the same problem. Changes tone or speed abruptly one second after turning off the turntable.

Posté Fri 12 Apr 24 @ 8:08 pm
b8115 has now fixed the warble issue with Phase HID - This combined with timecodeSliderIgnorePitchBend=no and with the trials I've done so far (scratching, simple juggles, fast and slow platter movements, master tempo on and off) shows the VirtualDJ behaviour to be very close to the major competitor's HID offering in software response.
I and others are probably gonna do much longer tests to be sure (I probably missed something), but I feel fairly good about recommending its usage at this point...big thanks to the Atomix Devs for their work on this 🍺

Posté Tue 16 Apr 24 @ 11:09 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
b8115 has now fixed the warble issue with Phase HID - This combined with timecodeSliderIgnorePitchBend=no and with the trials I've done so far (scratching, simple juggles, fast and slow platter movements, master tempo on and off) shows the VirtualDJ behaviour to be very close to the major competitor's HID offering in software response.
I and others are probably gonna do much longer tests to be sure (I probably missed something), but I feel fairly good about recommending its usage at this point...big thanks to the Atomix Devs for their work on this 🍺

This is great news!! I switched back to needles but Ill pull Phase backout and update everything and see how it goes.

Posté Wed 17 Apr 24 @ 1:20 pm
68%