Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Virtual DJ features - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No!, I certainly am not saying/suggesting that, I only raised it because i'm honest, and like to express my personal opinion, that I don't mind video if the content is good.

VDJ is an excellent product, and the implementation of video has been by no means at the expense of audio, like some see it, so I wouldn't call for 2 seperate programs, and personally I see no way of that happening, It just wont!.

But If VDJ implement more auto features, maybe I'll just let the computer mix and i'll watch a DVD on a third deck with the headphones on and pretend i'm cueing!, of course I'm kidding, I enjoy the balance between auto and manual features..alot more fun in the cockpit when auto pilots on!.

So it's thumbs up for video support, but not something for me.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 4:28 pm
Cool :) all happy then.. I just sent my 50th message, now at 51.... damn this forum is addictive.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 4:30 pm
Very True my friend, I've been a member for over 2 years now, and I'm just under 900 messages, some are in the thousands, and I imagine that must take some doing!.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 4:35 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
There are as many content issues with audio as there are with video, most of the time they coincide.
The suggestive lyrics are worse imo, a visual still sticks in the mind whether you see the video or not.

I said I play all ages, that means rap, hh, rock, dance, top 40 and even country.
The difference is I am selective with what I play and work the rest mixing out before a content issue or cueing around it.
Or not playing it at all, 50 gets little or no play time as does Eminem.
Even "Oh" gets cut when she starts the pelvic humping on the roof of the car.

But that is the beauty of VDJ, I can keep everybody happy and do.

I have my daughters in the mix usually, so I better keep it clean.

You are looking at an extreme, like I used to.
I made more content noise at Promo Only than you can believe.
I was back and forth with nearly everybody in that company from the female service agent who I didn't feel comfortable even with song titles, to Jim Robinson the CEO.
It triggered Screenplay to release a "cleaner" version because they supply clothing stores with pop and HH video.
Then Promo came out with "clean edits" reacting to the outrage of vj's.

So it's not a situation without a remedy, I was/am the same way about content.
But content is no reason to blow off video.
With what I invested, I was not going to take this shit laying down.

Another method is to take and proof all your video and load them into waitlists by genre.
Then take the ones with content issues and place them in another waitlist.
I call mine "adult" and only tap that when I am in the right situation.

So VDJ has made a major problem workable for me in a big way.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 4:48 pm
I'm glad you can relate Rick, and your right about audio, but most of the stuff I play is perfectly lyriced, because I play soulful House, some of it borders on gospel, so no danger their.

But when playing commercial stuff, like outkast, kelis, 50 cent etc, you could have a problem if you have these 'standards', and this is why I don't want the extra trouble video could present, more importantely I don't have much choice, especially as most of my material doesn't even have a video made for it!, plus I wouldn't like to "re-buy the video version".

But with audio, this is a classic example of what I'd do.., Kelis - Trick me..., whoever landed on your *Scratch back and forth and push it forward* ..then she carrys on her cleaner rant, It's kinda funny because people are waiting for the dirty word and are surprised when they notice what you did.., because they fear you might be a strict DJ.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 5:02 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
BTW, I have let my audio subs run out.
I can play the vob/mpeg and get the same audio just no video.
Now I am getting 45 tracks per month instead of 17-20, so my coverage is wider.

As I re rip my library, I am amazed by what I am tossing.
The urban/hh/rap world is such crap, I see one hit in 50 if that.
It's here today, gone tomorrow and so overplayed, I will never play it again.

Lil' Kim was at the top of my list for a while there with "my neck my back".
She was such a pig. Lick it gooit......

Posté Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 5:25 pm
I just wish I didn't come from a seaside resort, where sadly you have to play commercial/cheese/R'n'B..

If you want to play house it better be "weekend", "call on me" or "rythem is a dancer" and the like.

But what can you do?.., when your mixing is so top it's better to play anything than nothing ;).

Posté Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 5:30 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I think like mp3jrick... Video is the future... I wait 15 years to see it in regular mixing... It's only a matter of time that this will change for sure. In some places could be more quickly than in others, but sure is the way to go (in my opinion).

We already got some TV screens or projector screens in some clubs and bars. If you want to look at the screen is your choice. Everyone have his priorities, If I go with a girl I stay with her and look at her much of the time (If not, I will not get another date for sure).

I'm very happy to find VDJ and got this features.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 6:00 pm
All of you guys have valid points. I can't stand 80% of what I play. But guess what, no one cares what I like. I get paid to play what the masses want to hear, at the moment. This has been going on since the beginning of time. People thought the slappers in the 20's were to sexual, then came the jitter bug. Lets not forget rock n roll in the 50's. This whole country was torn apart, because of the sexual content. Elvis was the devil himself. His first TV appearance was limited to above the waist shots only. Disco was evil, with the sex and drugs, in the 70's. Who can forget the videos of the 80's, sex right in your face. Does anyone remember the workout program on Showtime. I think it was called Sexercise or something like that. Crotch shots all day long. And now the videos are over the top. Sex is everywhere, and always has been. It sells. Some of us are now old enough to have kids (and grandkids), are shocked. So what have I done? I only get clean edits, for my mobile work. I work in a gentlemens club, and they get mad, because I only have the clean edits. What, I should buy the regular version also, I don't think so. Now, the videos I play, are the same ones you would see on TV, for the most part. Most could not be shown at a family type function, but could be shown at a campus party. I love the video part of VDJ, and that's why I bought it. I have ripped 472 videos so far. That's 472 videos at my finger tips. No $3200.00 DVD players. No DVDs, or video mixers. All on the same computer that I bring to the affair, anyway. Video is here, now. I like to be first, because it cost more to play catch up. I have 10 27" TVs, and 3 10' screens in my club. The other DJs are coughing from the dust, I'm leaving them in. How do I know if it's working? When customers and dancers ask why I don't work on the weekends. When they ask, if I'm going to do videos today. As I said before, no one cares what we like. So I give them what they want, and make deposits to my bank account. Don't take that to far, because I don't take request.

Posté Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 9:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)