Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Numark Total Control Problems And Questions - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

So ummmm.....yeah.

I plugged my brand new TC into my Macbook last night, and its pretty much DOA.

Cue does not recognize it, Traktor does not recognize it, Im pretty much ready to throw the thing against the wall at this point.

Have those of you who were having the same problems found solutions?

Posté Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 7:47 am
I almost did throw mine against the wall. it was working fine after my above statement was done, then i switched to mac and all hell broke loose. Just stick with it, I read numerous threads on various sites from people just giving up on mac and VDJ and the total control. I'm not the most tech savvy person and I can figure this out fairly easy.

First and easiest thing to do, is just register your TC and download the latest updates from here. Search everywhere online for mac help. I am still new to macs and google is my friend. Last don't just give up, unless you have a fancy piece of equipment that i want and you wanna sell it to me cheap =D
Numark isn't a shitty company, the software works, just put some time into it. Its worth it.

edit: Robbie, we can read what you posted. It double posted and is not censored out. Maybe the mods are censoring you out of your own posts lol.

Posté Mon 09 Mar 09 @ 9:26 pm
local, if you sign out of your account you will see what I mean, though I didnt know others signed in could read it.

For what its worth, I still haven't received the activation number from the Numark service rep... Sent a bunch of emails and keep getting hung up on after waiting on hold for tech support. I'm over it though. I returned the TC on tuesday. You say Numark isn't a shitty company, and you may be right, but as far as my experience has been... eh.

Good luck to you all trying to get help out of em.

Posté Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 6:51 pm
I just returned the thing, exchanged for a newer Serial Number.

The first gen ones do not have the firmware in them, while I did find some Youtubes on how to fix this< i just figured why bother?

Returned to place of purchase, with Macbook in hand, plugged in, it worked, problem solved.

If you can still return your unit, I'd suggest you do that. No reason for you to have to deal with this problem.

Posté Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 8:47 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Numark is definitely not a crappy company. When I had problems they took care of me. Not sure why you are having problems. They've been around a long time. My first mixer was a Numark. I've always had Numark products. For $149 you could have upgraded to Virtual DJ Pro if you registered it here. Well worth it!

Posté Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 4:13 pm
if i buy dj in a box which comes with numark total control and tracktor le can i use the serial number to dj on virtual dj radio pls help

Posté Thu 02 Apr 09 @ 9:32 pm
i need help wit my numark dj io i can get it to work please help me

Posté Thu 02 Apr 09 @ 10:00 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For all Numark hardware help requests please directly contact Numark Support.

US : 401 658 3131

Posté Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 3:21 am
hey i need help as i was going to buy new numark's total control but there seems to be an issue in the hardware not connected and firmware update.

so guys please recomend me that i should buy it or not?

Posté Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 1:47 pm
vineetgoyal2006 wrote :
hey i need help as i was going to buy new numark's total control but there seems to be an issue in the hardware not connected and firmware update.

so guys please recomend me that i should buy it or not?

Old news now unfortunately there where some issues early on with Vista which affected a small number of users.

These where resolved through a firmware update (applied to all new units) and Vista SP1

Posté Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 1:54 pm
hey thanks
So that means if i buy now it will definately work without any worries.

Tell me is it worth buying numark's total computer dj in a box now as many new units have also been launched.

Basically djing is just my hobby . I use virtual dj and atomix mp3 for mixing.

Can i use the cue le's code in this website to download the effects and skins?

Is cue le full version of cue or somehing else?

Thankyou very much in advance......

Posté Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 12:58 pm
vineetgoyal2006 wrote :
hey thanks
So that means if i buy now it will definately work without any worries.

Tell me is it worth buying numark's total computer dj in a box now as many new units have also been launched.

Basically djing is just my hobby . I use virtual dj and atomix mp3 for mixing.

Can i use the cue le's code in this website to download the effects and skins?

Is cue le full version of cue or somehing else?

Thankyou very much in advance......

Cue Le is the lite version of Cue included free with some Numark controllers.

You can upgrade to Cue or Virtual DJ using a Cue Le SN

LE does not include FX or Skins.

Posté Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 2:02 pm
hey so i cant use cue le's code to download effects.

Whats the other way to download them?

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 1:08 am
vineetgoyal2006 wrote :
hey so i cant use cue le's code to download effects.

Whats the other way to download them?

You would need to upgrade to Cue (full) or VDJ pro using your SN for a discount.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 3:53 am
ok so i figured out the matching of the BPM's but where do i get better tracks to use? all i have to use so far is what is in my itunes library. i want to use some original sounds and beats. can someone help me out?

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 4:36 pm
themiskPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm using Virtual Vinyl with 1200 MK2. All the setup working very good.. but..

When I'm switching to normal vinyl playback using timecode bypass function a hiss comes up. The hiss doubles if i press timecode bypass the second deck also.... Its not audiable during loud songs (dance etc...) but in low passes , silences and slow songs its present and weird......

PC output is with no noise or hiss, until I press the timecode bypass..

Is this because of some kind of low quality electronics that producing hiss and no bother the timecode.. but are audiable..??

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 4:48 pm
Hi i was wondering if i am able to use Numark Total Control with Virtual DJ home edition? Kind of a stupid question and theres probably a obvious answer but i was wondering if you have to like download a mapper for it or what you have to do. thanks

Posté Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 5:21 pm
tylerlaz wrote :
Hi i was wondering if i am able to use Numark Total Control with Virtual DJ home edition? Kind of a stupid question and theres probably a obvious answer but i was wondering if you have to like download a mapper for it or what you have to do. thanks

Sorry, you cannot use the Numark Total Control or any other external MIDI controllers with Home Edition. Home Edition is for home mixing use using your computer keyboard and mouse only and does not support any external hardware. That's why it only costs $49.

If you would like to use external MIDI controllers, timecode CD/vinyl or an external mixer with VirtualDJ, you will need to upgrade to VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posté Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 12:19 pm
yo, i got a numark total control and i was wondering, how do you scratch? do you press any buttons? how do you set it up to scratch with the console? also, howdo you scratch with the song playing at the same time, like, the songs is running with no interruptions, and in the bckground, you scratch but the songs never stops playing ? how you do this?
THANK YOU, AND PLEASE ANSWER, SANTIAGO.

Posté Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 7:40 pm
You would need to press the SCRATCH or VINYL button if the controller has one. Or you can go into CONFIG -> Options and click on Jog Mode to toggle between CD and Vinyl (Scratch) modes. You can also assign a keyboard shortcut to vinyl_mode to toggle.

The only way you can scratch over the top of the song playing (Without actually scratching that song) is to load a song in the other deck and scratch using that.

NOTE: The above assumes you are using the latest v6.0.6 trial: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html

Posté Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 11:53 am
69%