Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Club Mixing - Page: 12

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

thankssss:D

Posté Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 7:10 am
gaztayHome userMember since 2008
Thank all.. I visit

Posté Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 1:16 am
thanks for the advices

Posté Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 1:31 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
TDBennett wrote :
question off topic but subject is present in this thread, sup with the PartyScratch vid i keep seeing everywhere??

you mean djwestcost? i think he meant westcoast, but whatever. not sure what the deal with that is. his youtube is pretty crap. lots of amatuers out there. i can scratch like that as well, so i would never ever advertise the fact that i suck...

Posté Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 10:16 pm
thank's guys ;)

Posté Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 2:40 pm
TullHome userMember since 2008
Thanks now i can start club djing!!!!!!!!!

Posté Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 1:06 am
hey is there anyway with virtual DJ to cancel out the vocals to make an instrumental of a song...and if so how do I do it??? or where can i find out how to do it???

Posté Thu 15 May 08 @ 3:44 pm
try nero version 7
nero wave editor

Posté Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 9:09 am
rafel1991 wrote :
try nero version 7
nero wave editor

You just answered a question that was asked 3 months ago

Posté Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 3:37 am
good friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posté Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 6:08 am
Best thing I learned is that the crowd doesn't necessarily wants to hear all the songs i like the most. And I may not wanna play some artists (*cough* Rihanna *cough) But, the crowd keeps money in, which keeps you employed. Best to please the crowd and throw in a little personal flair... some places you'll have to quickly bring it back to what they know, though :)

Posté Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 4:57 pm
great post!

Posté Sun 19 Oct 08 @ 11:45 am
thank you you are good Mentor
thanks for advice
peace

Posté Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 6:40 am
dabblinPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I originally read this post 3 months ago...it's has been like a bible for my sets ever since. People ask me how did you do that...you made the people feel so welcomed as the night started and then left people begging for more more more as the night went on. I'll keep returning to this post to remind me never get a big head and feel like I have 2 rush the night!!!

Thanx
DJ DAB

Posté Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 1:53 pm
gr8 post cheers m8

Posté Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 8:38 am
This update is in response to this thread:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/101269/Mix_lessons/As_a_Club_Dj__How_Do_We_Get_Over__or_Deal_With_People_Coming_to_Request__Every_Minute_.html

I provided an answer on the second page of this thread (4th post):

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/9931/Mix_lessons/Club_Mixing.html?page=2

However, my answer is very easy to overlook because of its location in this long thread.

In addition to what I previously posted, DJs annoyed by request makers can use other methods to take request. Please keep in mind that you were hired to entertain these people. Consequently, you need a method for accepting request that makes them feel welcomed. If the club has a website, you could talk to the manager about using the club’s website as a way to accept request. This would also benefit the club because more people would probably visit its website. By approaching the manager with this idea, you are likely to get the manager to post a sign that refers people to the website to make request. Furthermore, you could have the manager include on the sign that the DJ is not to be approached for request. This encourages people to visit the website to make request. Moreover, the sign should inform people that request must be made by a certain number of days before you DJ. This allows you time to obtain request that you don’t have. If the club doesn’t have a website, consider using your own.

Another method is using a request line. Many radio stations use this method. All the club needs is an answering machine that has more than one message box—my answering machine has four. Voicemail is another option. A sign would also be posted that refers people to a phone number to make request instead of approaching the DJ. The sign should instruct people to make request by a certain number of days before you DJ.

In conclusion, I hope these addition methods help.

OO

Posté Sat 31 Jan 09 @ 4:22 pm
Great post

Posté Tue 10 Feb 09 @ 5:48 am
Thanks.

Here are some additional suggestions:

You can use Virtual DJ to display a message on a screen that refers people to use whatever method for accepting request that the manager and you agreed upon. This eliminates the need and cost of making a sign. Another option is having a friend or DJ partner take the request from people as you DJ.

OO

Posté Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 3:39 pm
ZhodoaHome userMember since 2009
thanks

Posté Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 8:55 am
damyxzPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Another tip for club DJ's is that I keep a library of what I call "floor filler tracks" in a separate case or folders for laptop DJ's and I observe the crowd's reaction to the present track playing, If I see people thinning down I quickly do a mix with any of the "floor filler tracks" to save the day. In choosing tracks to play, I always get help from my female clubber friends who frequent different clubs. They normally know what tracks will fill the dance floor. If I'm new to a club, I will do recon the week before and note people's reaction to which type of music. What never fails to fill the floor is that I fill up my guest list with attractive female friends who are willing to help me out. Believe it or not, it is the women who dictate the crowd in most club dance floor. The more attractive women dancing on the floor, the more males will get drawn to dance. Then the domino effect will start and the crowd will fill up the floor. Club managers like this because it tends to sell more drinks and give his club a reputation of being a favorite hangout of pretty women. That's why I keep an entourage of pretty single women as friends. And women network really good.

Posté Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 11:24 am
57%