Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Club Mixing - Page: 13

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

excellent message, thanks!

Posté Fri 15 May 09 @ 8:03 am
Thanks for the club mixing tips :D

Posté Thu 21 May 09 @ 6:54 am
hello everybody, I'm Benny and i have a friend of mine who's gonna buy a club next month and he want me to be the dj for that club so he's gonna also buy a complete dj equipement and he asked me what kind of equipement to buy for club. So anyone who has experience can help? because that is gonna be my first experience club dj so i wanna start well.

Posté Wed 27 May 09 @ 7:47 pm
damyxzPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It depends on how big the club is. A basic DJ set up consist of 2 or more sources(TT, CDJ,etc) or a computer with a DJ software, a nice heavy duty mixer, power conditioner, crossovers, amplifiers and of course speakers. The brand is up to him(his budget will dictate what he will buy) He also needs to purchase insane amounts of cables and wires to tie things together. Importantly, a vast library of music according to the format he wanted to do. Also important is lighting...this one is also dictated by his budget. So far I'm impressed with the newer LED systems that came out recently....Maybe a fog/smoke machine to enhance the lighting system.

Posté Thu 28 May 09 @ 6:06 am
Thank you Damyxz for the advice i reallly appreciate it.

Posté Thu 28 May 09 @ 4:52 pm

Posté Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 5:45 am
biglalaHome userMember since 2009
nice work, the best way to improve your dj skills is by playing for your friend to listen and to critize there before going public, i have done these for 5 years before playing the public.

Posté Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 10:00 am
Great post, loved the way you explained everything.

Posté Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 12:48 am
Nice man Im doing this gig on saturday for like 42 people I did one last saturday for like 63 or some people and I am fairly new this is great stufff posted here I used to cut the song into a fade when I started but I kept practicing and now I just DO IT ;)

IM pretty sick nowwww

Thank YOU

Posté Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 10:12 pm
Justme12 wrote :
I am fairly new this is great stufff posted here I used to cut the song into a fade when I started but I kept practicing and now I just DO IT ;)

Cuttin’ the song into a fade is a good way to mix when starting off DJing because you can easily transition (switch) to songs of various tempos if you do it properly. One simple way that I recommend is using the basic scratch also known as a “baby scratch” to transition between songs when beginning to DJ. However, when it comes to Club Mixing, cuttin’ cannot replace beat-mixing in my opinion. The reason why I feel this way is because cuttin’ does not create the vibe that beat-mixing does, which is why it is very important for most Club DJs to be good at beat-mixing.

The vibe is the tingling sensation that flows through your body as you hear certain songs beat-mixed together. You sometimes experience this feeling when you hear a certain part (or parts) of a song. The vibe is stronger when you mix two songs that flow together very well. A good DJ will experiment with mixing various parts of songs together to create a vibe. The more vibes that your set contains, the more crowd pleasing your set will be (if the crowd likes the music). Vibes make people hit the dance floor faster, so try to create them during the Boarding Phase, Departure Phase, and especially the Stratosphere Phase of Club Mixing.

If you don’t know what these phases are, click here and read the first post:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/9931/Mix_lessons/Club_Mixing.html?page=2

Remember that just because a mix causes you to feel a vibe, other people (the crowd) don’t necessarily experience the same feeling. There are factors to consider when trying to create vibes in a club like timing (don’t attempt it during the Arrival Phase of Club Mixing), intoxicated people, etc….

Nevertheless, experiment with mixing various songs and record your mix. Give people a copy of your mix to hear. After they have heard it, ask them which parts they really liked. Most people will select the parts which caused them to feel a vibe. Don’t give copies to only family and friends. Also give strangers a copy. One good way to do this is to ask someone that works at a store that you frequently shop at what type of music he or she likes. Let the person know that you are a DJ. If you think the person would like the kind of music contained in your mix, give the person a copy. The next time you go to the store, ask the person what parts he or she liked and why. I’ve had people tell me that they started dancing to the parts they really liked because of the way it made them feel—which is what you want to happen in the club!

OO

Posté Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 8:46 pm
I forgot to mention in my last post that VDJ Radio has a section called Dancefloor Vibe. http://radio.virtualdj.com/live/

Also, listen to Virtual DJ Radio; listening to other DJs mix can help you create a “Dancefloor Vibe” that a crowd will really enjoy.

OO

Posté Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 10:14 am
Nice!.. Real nice worked for me...very imformative post.

Posté Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 1:44 pm
Thanks.

I’m glad it has worked for you. We all can learn from others, which is the purpose of this thread.

I want to thank everyone that contributed to this thread.

OO

Posté Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 12:57 pm
These are great suggestions Thank You!

Posté Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 12:10 pm
spinashHome userMember since 2009
Well Done double O
A BIG wow

,I say a big Thanks and Bravo to ya

,By the way does it mean that i will have to play the same music for the whole hours,like if i play hip pop ,Play hip pop trough out????

I am 19 years and i will like to be a great Dj like You all

Help me,

And again how do i create my own DJ effect or Jingle name,Do i need a software to create that or ....>>>>?For example i will need a jingle that can pronounce ma name like DJ spinash, But i don't know how to create that ,Please help me with all Ur tutorials,I started learning VDJ Pro,But i don't know how i can auto pitch them,Please help me

Posté Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 7:45 am
spinashHome userMember since 2009
Can Some one List The keys We use to Operate Virtual DJ Pro with all Well Explanations???

Like What Key DO i use to move the Crossfader Left and to the right without Using the mouse.

How do i Back spin using the keybord without using ma mouse.

How do i scrach Pefectly without Using the Mouse Can some plss help me ????

How do i also auto Pich ( Like PCDJ red v 5.2 Auto Pitching Presing Y & Q Key ) the Bpm of diffrent songs on deks to beat match the track i wana Play

I need How to control It well i just Know some few,

I know

How To load a deck

Move the Pitch Bar on each Deck

Play

Cue

Stop

Posté Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 5:03 am

Posté Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 9:47 am
Deleted last post.

Posté Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 12:26 pm
spinash wrote :
Well Done double O
A BIG wow

,I say a big Thanks and Bravo to ya

Thanks, but I must give most of the credit to everyone that contributed to this thread.

spinash wrote :
By the way does it mean that i will have to play the same music for the whole hours,like if i play hip pop ,Play hip pop trough out????

There are phases of club mixing were most of your music should be what the crowd expects to hear. However, there are phases were you can play something different.

If you don’t know what these phases are, click here and read the first post on both pages:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/9931/Mix_lessons/Club_Mixing.html?page=1

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/9931/Mix_lessons/Club_Mixing.html?page=2

For example: your goal in phase 7 is to give the crowd and yourself a breather (a break) or two so you don’t wear them out and yourself (especially if you are the only DJ) by varying the tempo or music. Also, the club owner (bartender and waitresses too) expect these breathers so they can make more money—people are not buying drinks or giving tips when they are on the floor. This is a good time to play request.

spinash wrote :

I am 19 years and i will like to be a great Dj

Strive to be the best that you can be. If you do this, then you should succeed. Start with this informative DJ tutorial by dj-in-norway:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/6288/Mix_lessons/DJ_MIXING___basic_-_advanced_-_pro.html?page=1

There are other tutorials on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/

I strongly suggest that you learn how to beatmix first. Learning how to beatmix will help you to scratch on beat. Once you undertand beat mixing, then you can start with the basic scratch called the “Baby scratch.” Your goal at this point is to play one song and transition to the next song using this scratch. You also want to do it on beat. The best way to find out if you are doing it correctly is to record yourself. Play your mix back and dance to it. If you had to pause for a few seconds after your transition to get back on beat with the music, then you know you were off beat with the scratch. Make sure that the bpms for both songs are about the same, but the bpms don’t have to be exact because you are not beatmixing both songs.

You don’t want to be off beat on the dance floor, which I’ve seen happen many times because of DJs who don’t understand the importance of keep a set flowing on beat. The crowd pauses for a few seconds to get back on beat with the music. A very good DJ can scratch in a song an let it play with the other song on beat. The exception to transitioning on beat is if you use certain sound effects to transition from one song to another.

You will find a list of some basic transitions here (read the 7th post):

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/9931/Mix_lessons/Club_Mixing.html?page=9

spinash wrote :

And again how do i create my own DJ effect or Jingle name,Do i need a software to create that or ....>>>>?For example i will need a jingle that can pronounce ma name like DJ spinash, But i don't know how to create that ,Please help me with all Ur tutorials,I started learning VDJ Pro,But i don't know how i can auto pitch them,Please help me

There is a sampler plugin that might help you, but it’s for licensed users only. However, this thread might help you:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/114556/Mix_lessons/Someone_PLEASE_gimmie_a_hand___would_like_to_know_how_to_combine_different_verses_from_differents_songs_into_one_track.html

spinash wrote :

Help me,

I hope this post helps you.

OO

Posté Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 12:28 pm
Double OO: "Cuttin’ the song into a fade is a good way to mix when starting off DJing"

Can someone show me some tracks on youtube that do this technique? and also the baby scratch transition. I really don't understand how it should sound exactly.

Posté Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 8:29 pm
62%