Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Can Virtualdj be the best? - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
That's official then, I'm not buying the Honda Odyssey... it sucks!

Posté Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 4:57 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
It seems that Luddites live and breath, however I still seek improvements in VDJ 8. I think you will find that those who have vision also welcome constructive criticism.

Thanks to SBDJ for a great tip.
Djratedxxx919 I'm struggling to see why post fader effects are a game changer?
Note I use Peavey PV12 mixer with onboard effects.

It was interesting using a F1 to neutralise the main Traktor advantage.
Modest, or even large fund raising on behalf of Atomix can be achieved by selling instrument packs likes Project 8.
I will buy quality packs, along with many others.
Project 8 demonstrated that Traktor Remix decks, and their remix packs are only slightly superior.

Posté Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 6:39 pm
Just sign up for the DJ tech tools news letter and you'll get the remix packs offered by Mad Zack and others for free.

I have EVERY Single pack they've put out since the start of the remix decks and have never paid a dime for them........

And Thanks to a few users here I can use every single one with VDJ's sampler now 👌

Posté Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 11:59 pm
I'm looking for a way to help Atomix in their difficult battle to fend off Serato, and Traktor.
It's to my advantange if Atomix prosper.
I'd use the music subscription route only I don't like putting my laptop on the internet.

beatbreaker1, that looks like another excellent tip.
Thanks.

Wow .. I never knew there was anything like this https://store.djtechtools.com/products/mad-zach-soundpacks
My eyes twinkled when I saw they were optimised for a 4x4 grid.
It looks like I'm arriving at the party late.

Posté Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 7:08 am
beatbreaker1, how do you control the sampler?

Posté Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 7:10 am
groovindj, thanks for your tip, I was a bit slow realising that you were telling me how to get the Traktor sample sets into VDJ.
I will try that today.

Posté Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 7:42 am
Thanks to everybody, you've taught me a lot in this thread.
I never expected that!

Posté Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 7:46 am
"That's official then, I'm not buying the Honda Odyssey... it sucks!"
LOL

Posté Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 10:08 am
groovindj, I imported the free Phosphrous remix set from Traktor. It works in the 4x4 matrix of the F1 controlled by VDJ 8. It took @30min to sort out. Thanks again !

PS I love all the colours in the F1 matrix.
Wow!

VDJ, and Traktor are coming together in jointly improving our software.
If I had not bought Traktor, I doubt I would ever have had a remix pack running in VDJ 8.

Posté Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 11:37 am
Happy to help :-)

Posté Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 12:44 pm
bigron1 wrote :
beatbreaker1, how do you control the sampler?

As of now I've just been using my Pioneer DDJ SP1 but everything is layered on that controller (really don't like layers) so it kinda sucks at times but I've gotten by.

Recently I've picked an Akai APC mini and I think that's gonna be my dedicated sample controller. Just haven't had the time to go and set things up how I want yet.

Posté Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 7:37 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I wasn't going to say anything yet, but I've actually written a utility that imports Traktor Remix Sets into the VDJ sampler without the need to have Traktor installed.

I'll let you know when I have a releasable version!

Posté Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 8:48 am
Could we get the SweetLight plugin first 😜

Posté Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 12:44 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
That will ready when it's ready.

Posté Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 12:47 pm
mrgrumpy1 wrote :
So I hear alot of this. I need more of this, and I need more of that. We don't have enough samples. We don't have enough effects. V8 won't do a double backflip with a two and a half twist while drinking a pina colada. V8 won't do this. V8 won't do that. Well V8 does amazing things for me and my crowd numerous days a week. With out fail. So I'm thinkin' that you guys that are havin' all these big problems with V8, might want to take a look at your DJ or VJ abilities, instead of complaining about V8.

I think I am going to say this:

I need a Bugatti why doesn't V8 come with at least a lambo hahahaha. I am talking about I want the car... Not worried about VDJ still my over all favorite software!

Posté Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 2:44 am
I've had my fill for the time being, the F1, and VDJ 8 sampler are working very well together.
My cue point juggling has improved.
I'm a very happy greedy little person.

I still want a way to support Atomix with small amouts of money on a regular basis.
Remix packs might be ideal.

Posté Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 12:24 pm
bigron1 wrote :
I've had my fill for the time being, the F1, and VDJ 8 sampler are working very well together.
My cue point juggling has improved.
I'm a very happy greedy little person.

I still want a way to support Atomix with small amouts of money on a regular basis.
Remix packs might be ideal.

I am sure you can send them small amounts in check form. Make a note party fund... Or heck you can send me small amounts of money.

Posté Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 2:15 pm
The point is that they should have enough money to fight Serato, which appears to be backed by Pioneer, and Native Instruments who are big boys producing both hardware, and software.
I don't want to see Atomix being belittled.

Posté Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 6:12 pm
I've just spent a week studying Traktor, I'm glad to be back using VDJ 8! Besides the remix decks the only other thing which impressed me was the different types of cue points. A cue loop can be very effective, and is set up easily. VDJ 8 can achieve cue loops using scripting, though not quite as easily. On my return I again noted that the basic VDJ skin was terrible visually. It's just as well I have an excellent skin for my controller.
Enough of Traktor, VDJ 8 is winning.
Now what about the Serato?
It's a simplistic looking piece of software which is fine for those who are happy doing a few little tricks..
The Serato SP6 sampler has only 6 slots, in 4 banks, which leaves VDJ 8 way ahead.
That's important as I now use my Traktor F1 to very effectively control the VDJ sample banks.
I believe live remixing, and sampling are the way forward.
VDJ 8 is winning!

I would be grateful if anyone had any suggestions for remixing old songs with uneven tempo.
I need good warping software, and Ableton is too expensive.

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 8:28 am
i have ableton live and i find the whole warping process to be a pain in the rear

if someone ever comes out with a application that can just take a file and warp it with little user intervention i think they would have some gold on their hands

then again maybe there is a easy way in ableton that i haven't figured out yet who knows

if there is a easier alternative someone let us know please.....

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 8:54 am
40%